PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Texas Hold 'Em Advisor Recommendations

Sargon
06-17-2003, 02:57 PM
I am seriously considering purchasing this due to all the rave reviews, but the RGP dissection seemed to indicate that the advice was questionable. Since that is really what I want, I wonder if it's worth it. I want to get better, not worse. Is the consensus that the advice is "correct" enough of the time to make it a useful practice and analysis tool? I certainly got the impression that AceSpade is not the way to go. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sargon

asdf1234
06-17-2003, 05:43 PM
I have the program and have not spent extensive amounts of time playing, but I would agree with RGP's assessment that their advice is shaky at best a lot of the time. I also find that some of their players really don't seem to have a whole lot of thought put into their designs.

The program does better when you put in your own profiles, although this takes some time to do them well. Expect to put in several hours for just a few profiles.

Overall, I think it's okay, I don't know that you're giving that much up by not getting it, but then again, if you take the time to learn the program and spend some time (like I didn't), you'll probably get at least $90 worth out of it.

Sargon
06-17-2003, 10:52 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. Based on the large amount of past posts advocating the program and my own experience with the demo, I decided to get it.

colgin
06-17-2003, 11:38 PM
I ordered the Turbo Texas Hold 'Em today as well and am getting the Sidewinder Sid analysis program along with it. I will post my thoughts on it after I have used it for a few weeks. Whatever weaknesses it may have (and mind you, most of the reviews I have read are very positive), the play must be better than on the online play money games that I find myself in, where the betting seems to always be capped pre-flop, etc..

I am also getting the Masque WSOP package which is supposed to be less "good" for tournament play than Wilson's software but more "fun". I will report back on that as well.

Colgin