Seat 10: SB (51614)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Qs, Ac ]
2 folds.
3 folds.
<font color="red">Villain calls (3000)</font>
5 folds.
6 folds.
<font color="blue">Hero calls (3000)</font> (First Mistake, should have raised or folded, i put him on some type of slow play, but wanted to see the flop for some reason)
8 folds.
9 folds.
SB folds.
BB checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Qd, As, 2h ] POT: 10500
BB checks.
<font color="red">Villain bets (9900)</font>
<font color="blue">Hero raises (19800) to 19800</font> (probe bet?)
BB folds.
<font color="red">Villain is all-In.</font>
<font color="blue">Hero calls (69617)</font> (so stupid, only hand that i could have beat that would play this way is AK and i dont think this player would even play it like this, even though i did not have a read on him at the time)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8c ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 7s ]
** Summary **
Main Pot: 189334 |
Board: [ Qd As 2h 8c 7s ]
<font color="red">Villain shows 2d 2s for a set</font>

I played great through out the whole tourney and i thought i had a shot at getting to the top ten. I was just focused on the huge pot that i could win and the good hand i flopped. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

11-05-2005, 02:01 AM
k, Im confused... limping to you was a slowplay? Yes you should have raised to gauge hand strength, or take it down right there.

flop... a raise isnt a probe bet, however it is the right move. I would raise the pot here.

Why is it wrong to call the all-in? You're only behind 3 hands on the flop AA QQ or 22. it is VERY unlikely that AA or QQ would be just limped (but this is where a pf raise would have helped). Why in the hell wouldnt you call this? This isn't a bad hand, is this some type of badbeat post?

w...t...f?

bmxreed36
11-05-2005, 02:06 AM
No way you're folding this. I agree a raise before the flop would have been alot better, but you can't fold top two pair here with no possible straights or flushes. If the flop was AJ2, it might be different but don't worry about this one.

billyjex
11-05-2005, 02:06 AM
While you are correct to raise preflop, you played the flop fine. Sometimes you run a big hand into a bigger hand --not much you can do.

11-05-2005, 02:07 AM
raise preflop.. on the flop, nobody gets away from this.

11-05-2005, 02:08 AM
honestly, this is kind of a great line to get all your money in.

I dig it.

ansky451
11-05-2005, 02:10 AM
hahahahahaha. sure, beat yourself up over it.

11-05-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
k, Im confused... limping to you was a slowplay? Yes you should have raised to gauge hand strength, or take it down right there.

flop... a raise isnt a probe bet, however it is the right move. I would raise the pot here.

Why is it wrong to call the all-in? You're only behind 3 hands on the flop AA QQ or 22. it is VERY unlikely that AA or QQ would be just limped (but this is where a pf raise would have helped). Why in the hell wouldnt you call this? This isn't a bad hand, is this some type of badbeat post?

w...t...f?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was a slow play PF because hardly any hands went on with no raise pre flop. plus i see it alot, people limp-reraise with AA, KK, QQ etc.. I think i could have folded this. For the reason that he limped and reraised me all in on the flop thats telling me he has a set. Also add to the fact he has a high stack similar to mine he probably wouldnt risk his entire stack on just a TPTK. Oh well next time ill be more careful.

The problem with this is that i am behind 3 hands, but i am only ahead of 2 hands that could have made this play. KK (very unlikely) &amp; AK (unlikely becuase he would have raised PF). i just dont see someone with a big stack like his putting all his money in with anything less than a set.

11-05-2005, 03:07 AM
Raise preflop, if he pushes you can get away from the hand.

I can't fold on that flop, ever.

crew
11-05-2005, 04:18 AM
I was at your table when this happened. (I actually busted you at the end.)

I felt for you, because this is as close to unfoldable as it gets, without being unfoldable. I could tell from your pause, and your comment, that your set alarm was going off, but you couldn't pull the trigger.

Raising preflop would have maybe been better, but who knows?

Since you didn't raise, lets take it from there.

The miniraise on the flop is fine, only if you are doing it so that you can fold to a reraise. I would always just push. Since you miniraised, you got the opportunity to fold. Everyone is saying "Unfoldable" because there is only one hand that can beat you, but sometimes you just know that the hand is there.

Recently, I folded kings preflop in a Stars tourney, posted the hand, and got a bunch of "never fold kings preflop" comments. Usually, I would agree, but that time, and this time too, something felt differnt.

It would have been an absolute, once in a lifetime, world class fold, but I don't think it would have been impossible. I also don't think calling was stupid, I think it was fine.

Next time, seize the opportunity to make the perfect, unbelievable play. IMO.

11-05-2005, 04:41 AM
Preflop was your only mistake, and it's not horrible given that he's the other big stack.

Villain's range often includes KJ and JT.