PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question number two

11-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I've been reading about and stuff and one thing that appears to be missing is how do you self check. I see lots of great posts on what to do but not many on how to look through old tournies to find mistakes. Are there any FAQ's types post on self critiques?

11-05-2005, 01:20 AM
When I self check, I go through old hand histories and think about why I did what I did on each hand, and what I was trying to accomplish with each move. Things you see yourself doing that do not make a lot of sense when you go back and thoroughly think through them are very likely to be leaks.

SlackerMcFly
11-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Plug your worst efforts into the Replayer and watch them in real-time the next day. You'll be surprised at how much you can learn about your game. Good luck!

11-05-2005, 01:27 AM
first off, dont just run back through your hand histories, when you make a really tough decision that you're not sure of, have that hh emailed to you.. to make it stand out.

after that days session is done, or better, before the next one, come back to those, and if you cant figure them out, post them.

the most important thing though is be honest... if you cant say "holy [censored] I donked off my stack on that one" then you'll never improve.

gl!

SonnyJay
11-05-2005, 12:03 PM
When I'm playing I keep a notepad right next to me. Whenever I'm in a situation where I don't know if I played correctly or one that I want to look over for some other reason, I write down the Table #, the blind level, and what my hand is. Then, a few hours later (or the next day) I pull up the hand history on my hard drive, plug the hands into the replayer, and check them out. If I'm still not sure, I'll post it here. It's pretty effective and doable if you aren't doing more than 4 tables, if you are, you may just have to remember or only write down the table #.

Good luck.

-SonnyJay

Askilus
11-05-2005, 12:20 PM
I use Pokertracker to track all my pokergames. This makes it very easy to go back and look through your game.