PDA

View Full Version : Best Arrest Stories

11-05-2005, 01:13 AM
OOT'ers have lived a lot of life, and I think hearing the best stories of times we've been in trouble with the law would be interesting, so here is mine:

Background: This park is connected to 2 other parks, and is a very large wooded area in the middle of the city. There are many drug dealars who set up shop down the dead ends that lead into the park. Time of day: 9PM, and it is completely dark save for a light outside a maintenence cabin.

So, my friends and I were blowing off some steam by destroying an old monitor and a microwave with a hatchet, a baseball bat, and a sledgehammer. We had finished busting the monitor, and were moving the pieces to a barrel-style trash can nearby when the light on the cabin when out and six D.E.A. agents bust out of the woods, guns drawn, screaming "nobody move." Naturally, we stay put, as we don't want to get shot. The 6 of us are put in handcuffs, and searched for drugs while 3 local police cars drive up with their lights on and search the area around us for weapons/drugs.
When they find nothing other than our smashing tools, and realize we are in possession of no drugs, they take the handcuffs off and begin to chat with us. The drug task force let us try out their night vision goggles. My guess is they were happy not to have to deal with a gunfight on their intended bust. We were given tickets for being in the park after hours, although the signs had recently been changed the park hours from 6AM-10PM to Dawn to Dusk. Luckily we were not giving littering tickets, and also had not been drinking at this point in the night.

The next day we went into a different section of the park, where the signs had not yet been changed, and took photographs. We took them to court, and the D.A. dropped her case instead of continuing with the trial.

Sidenote: I live about a quarter mile from where this happened, and heard shots ring out around 3AM. The next day in the paper, there was a story about a meth ring being broken up.

Though I didn't actually get an any trouble here, its the best police story I got. What crazy stuff has happened to you guys?

Exitonly
11-05-2005, 01:37 AM
best i got is pretty lame... but:

Last day of Finals end of freshman year at TCNJ.. i slacked off the whole year, went to 0 classes, this was the onynl class i was passing for the entire year, and i just needed to pass it, to give myself a chance at returning the next year. So i take my final, then the professor calls me over and asks me some random detail off of my paper about pathological gambling, i couldnt remember one of the specifics (i had written the reportt a month earlier).. anyyways, he says since i can't explain it, and that the paper is 'very good' that he has no choice but to fail me.

I argue for a while, then walk out cursing, and i throw my snapple bottle against a wall.. and apparently there was a cop right behind me. So yea, that didn't turn out well.

Spent the next 3 hours in a holding room, and ended up getting a disordely conduct ticket. Ended up only beind a $300 fine.

zuluking
11-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Cops here is South Louisiana, especially in small towns have their own way of doing things.

One night during a festival my buddy and I were drunk as skunks (no suprise right?) and decided to smash a windshield of a car parked on a street with big tree branches lying around. Why this car and why smash the windshield? Booze.

So we smash, and smash, busting out every windshield on the car. Suddenly we hear, "Freeze!", and there is a local-yokel cop drawing down on us. We freeze, he cuffs us and starts to walk us back to his patrol car. I (in my drunken stooper) say to him, "What's the charges huh?", to which he replies by sticking me with a LIVE cattle prod in the small of my back! OUCH!

We're booked on misdemeanor vandilism charges, and pay restitution, etc. But I'll never forget the feeling, even $hit-faced drunk, of that cattle prod.

Mason Hellmuth
11-05-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyyways, he says since i can't explain it, and that the paper is 'very good' that he has no choice but to fail me.

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you get him back?

11-05-2005, 01:47 AM
by making more than the prof does playing online poker at age 19?

or was it the green hair?

phixxx
11-05-2005, 02:22 AM
My buddies and I thought it would be a good idea to take my new paintball gun out for a spin at the local park. We get to the park, shoot up the windows, the ski lift, etc. We also manage to shoot moving cars and stick the gun out the car window on the way there. As we're leaving, we see cops circling the parking lot. Three of them. We quickly leave in my friends car, hoping they'll leave. Unfortunately, they pull a quick U turn and follow us about three blocks. Finally, they turn on their sirens and pull us over. I look how the back window of the car, and see about 6 cop cars in a V formation driving down the street. As the approach, they block the street off and all pull their weapons out. They get on the loud speaker, and do a 'high risk takedown'. We have to kneel down in the middle of the street, walk over on our knees towards the car and a single officer with his gun drawn throws us against the car and frisks us. There are about 10 cops there, all with their weapons pointed at us (glocks/shotguns).

As I look behind the block, I see about a kilometer of cars piled up and a few people taking our pictures. I tried yelling that it was just a paintball gun out of the window, that failed. I tried getting up as they were frisking me, and the cop threw me on the car almost breaking my arm. They cuffed me so tight my wrists started bleeding. We were charged with public mischief, and got off with some ridiculous essay writing in court. Fun night.

bwana devil
11-05-2005, 02:30 AM
sounds like you were a juvenile? doubt you would have gotten off w/ an essay had you been an adult.

phixxx
11-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Was 18 at the time.

RDWallace
11-05-2005, 02:35 AM
During my year off from college I spent most of my time visiting friends and playing live poker in clubs in NY. One weekend after a 48hr session I took a trip up to Vermont to visit a friend of mine at Bennington College. I made sure to bring along my fake ID (19 at the time) and about 5k in cash in my wallet.
The first night I get there we head to a bar near Williams College. I wander around in my stanford sweatshirt and somehow get into fights with several guys from UC Berkeley (god knows what they were doing in Williamstown ct), eventually we DUI it back to my friend's cousin's house in nearby Hoosick Falls NY. My friend smokes a few bowls with his cousin and we head out to our car to depart, but it's about 20 degrees out and the car wont start. Obviously, we decide to bring out a BBQ grill and a case of 40s to the car to wait for AAA. I grab a 40 and a hamburger and pass out in the back seat of my friend's camry at around 3:30am. I wake up at around 5:15 freezing cold with a cop knocking on my door waving his flashlight and gun around. Rest assured this is about the worst way possible to awake in the early AM. I get out of the car, 40 in hand, and, blinded from the various squad car lights, begin to wander off the road towards the woods. The cop uses his DHS-financed segway (yeah really) to apprehend me and throws me up against the hood of the squad car. He asks me if I have any identification, I say no. AFter confiscating my wallet, he returns irate and shows me my fake ID, demanding "Why didnt' you tell me you have identification?" My witty rejoinder? "Hey jerkoff that's a fake ID good luck on the promotion." Needless to say I was summarily thrown in the back of the squad car, yelled at by multiple police officers, and accused of being a drug dealer/client (when they found the 5k in my wallet and noticed that my friends were african american). Eventually the cops arrested me (by presenting me with a bullshit-looking ticket) and let me go. I later returned to the town of hoosick falls with legal representation and was pleased to find that the judge was acquainted with the parents of one of my best friends from grade school (he even invited me to his barbeque the next weekend). But I did receive an appropriately polemical speech from his honor at the conclusion of the proceedings, which concluded: "You're above this, and I never want to see you in this town again." So much for visiting their textile mills. My felony charges of fake ID possession and menacing were adjourned on contemplation of dismissal (basically stay clean for 6 months and its gone). This is probably a really boring story but Im drunk so why not do it? Right?

bwana devil
11-05-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was 18 at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you got off lucky i think considering all the problems you caused for your arrest.

RustedCorpse
11-05-2005, 02:54 AM
So back in my zestful youthful days me and some friends had Sunday acid night. We had been getting really weak stuff for the last couple weeks, so this time around we get a vial of liquid, me being a moron and having no experience with liquid LSD, decide that I'm going to put about 8 drops on some sweet tarts and take em.

I go to a beach with a friend and it's a grande olde time. Well he decides it's time to leave and we get in the car to head back home. What proceeds is a strange claustrophobic car ride, during which I at some point convince myself that my friend is Satan and that this car ride is going to last all of eternity as some sort of hell.

Well being rather malcontented with the fact that I'm stuck in hell I suddenly turn to my friend and say "If you are Satan and this is hell I need to know" (or something to that effect) my friend decides this is a prime moment to [censored] with me and turns with a nice big ol grin and says "Yea that's it, I'm [censored] Satan!"

At this point I pop open the door (I'm later told we were doing 45-50) yell "I won't stay I won't let you keep me here" and I jump out of the car, slam into the pavement feet, chest then chin, bounce pretty high up and fly off onto the grass. My friend stops the car, sees me spring right up and start running to him, he (later blaming that he was still tripping) says he thought I was dead and a ghost come to haunt him and drives off without me.

So I'm now tripping out like its cool walking in the middle of the woods, thinking I just escaped Satan and I suddenly come to this house with a giant white porch light, which I presume must be some form of salvation and go rambling over to knock on the door. Some old guy comes to the door, tries desperately to help me, but I'm pretty much bleeding all over the place and rambling incoherently so he closes the door and calls the cops. At that point I pop a squat on a tree trunk in his front lawn and start petting his cat. At some point in my mind it starts raining blood (I assume for the blood dripping off my face) and someone comes up from behind me without saying anything and grabs me on the shoulder. Now, at the time I was a close combat instructor in the marines so grabbing me tended to get a reaction, I grab the strangers hand and hold it there while I jump up, spin around and satisfyingly break his arm at the elbow. He screams, I shove him away thinking he's so demon. Well it was close, he's actually a local Jacksonville cop, and so while he hits the ground screaming, his sidekick comes flying towards me and lands and massive blow on my skull with a nightstick.

Things go dark for some time here.

I come too bound in handcuffs surrounded by flashing blue lights. Determined to make good my escape I leap up and start charging whoever is near while wrenching my cuffs enough to rip my wrists apart, in some feeble attempt to barrel through the crowd. Well, the PD love me at this point, so they basically start beating the [censored] out of me and hosing me with pepper spray, well pepper spray+road rash= PAIN. I pass out again.

This time I come to and some nurse is there and an ambulance has joined the crew of police cruisers. I remember the nurse demanding that I needed to go to the hospital I was in shock or some [censored] (she later testified to this too) but the cops were like "no he's coming with us". At that point I was throw into a cop car, hosed with some more pepper spray and trucked to jail. At some point after coming to in jail I asked to get a towel to clean the wounds and the like, and the cop throws me a dirty face cloth points to the toilet and says "You can clean up with that."

Sooooo long story short that's my fun arrest/lsd story. I actually went into the whole court thing intending to plead guilty to all charges (basically because it was my fault and I was a complete jerk face) but my lawyer apparently pointed out the nurse's statement and the jail thing, that and the fact that I was getting shipped out to afghan, sometime in the next month, got me off with two misdemeanor’s. Fun times.

IggyWH
11-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Acid trip stories always kick ass when they're not your own stories.

RustedCorpse
11-05-2005, 03:12 AM
yea I rememeber a couple months afterwards thinking "Damn I'm THE GUY everyone tells the bad acid story about"

mmcd
11-05-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the winner.

Evan
11-05-2005, 03:45 AM
HI CRIMSON CHALLENGE 2 WINNER!

InchoateHand
11-05-2005, 03:46 AM
Williamstown is in Massachusetts, but I'm sure the rest of your story is spont on.

KDawgCometh
11-05-2005, 03:48 AM
the best part was you breaking the officer's arm. You might've been able to get off on temporary insanity because of the acid, or from the injuries that you suffered. The arm break can be explained because of your training and the fact that he didn't indentify himself before putting a hand on you. there is some justification in what you did

RustedCorpse
11-05-2005, 04:00 AM
The not identifying himself was actually a big issue apparently, after the incident and before court I had written a letter of apology to the guy's house I knocked on and he verified that the cops kinda just came out of nowhere. But as far as not being wrong in what I did I mean, let's be honest I was in the wrong I lost control of a situation and probably "shoudln't" have been on the substance to start off.