PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 SH coach needed

DCWGaming
11-05-2005, 12:39 AM
A bit of playing history on myself...

Started playing online March '04
Started playing professionally March '05
March-July - 12 tables of 3/6FH Dabbled in 3/6 and 5/10 shorthand during July.
August-November - 5/10 shorthanded exclusively.

I've put in over 100k hands of 5/10 and am somewhere around 0.3BB/100. Whats more than that, over the last 70k hands i have zero table profit to show for it. Luckily r*keback+prop pay have been good.

Anyway, I've been feeling like im in a hole and just cant get out. Any coaches who think they could get me out of this rut - please PM me with your pricing and any other information you think I should know.

Oh...and for good measure...Here is a graph of my barren wasteland of 5/10 play.
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/3804/death3fu.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

DCWGaming
11-05-2005, 01:50 AM
Bump

Btw - if anybody else was in this situation and was coached and got out of the rut, please leave me the name of your coach.

thx /images/graemlins/smile.gif

juggernaut
11-05-2005, 02:40 AM
Your graph points to breakeven play. Why don't you learn how to beat 1/2 SH and 3/6 SH before jumping into the 5/10? Cheaper, more forgiving, and less pressure to 'succeed'. I don't think 5/10 SH is the logical next step in your climb up the limits.

DCWGaming
11-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Because breakeven play = upwards of 75$ an hour as a prop, and I've got a business to fund.

*edit*
And on top of that, before I know I'm beating 1/2 or 3/6, I'll have to play 50k hands of each. Even as much as I play (alot) that'd take a month each limit.

I have a 20k hand sample of 3/6 where I am winning at 4BB/100... if that matters for anything.

Rubeskies
11-05-2005, 04:00 AM
If this was at party and your name there at 5/10 was anything like your 2+2 name (the DCW part being what jumps out) then I played a great deal of hands with you and my basic feeling was that you are a bonified rock and I didn't hate having you at my tables because you are easy to play against and played too weak/tight.

It felt like you were playing a solid full ring game at a 6-max table.

My stats on you were something like 17/12/1.4 over 500+ hands (if you and this DCW are the same person).

Danenania
11-05-2005, 04:02 AM
So basically... your twin?

Rubeskies
11-05-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just copy everyone else and conform to the username bandwagon you wuss.

Meow

Danenania
11-05-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

DCWGaming
11-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Sample size i guess...

Back when i played the party skins my vpip was around 20-21 and pfr around 16-17

I'm much much more aggressive now... My current stats are 28/21, but average players is only 4.2 or so since i'm propping.

*edit*
Aggression at... 2.8 2.0 1.5 or something close to that

ChicagoTroy
11-05-2005, 04:27 AM
Joe Tall.

I have a fair number of hands against somebody with a similar name, and have a similar asssessment as the other poster. Your discipline is good, but it may be too easy to knock you off a hand.

Drontier
11-05-2005, 04:46 AM
your first 20k hands are one hell of a rush.

kiddo
11-05-2005, 04:50 AM
I have done a lot coaching with people like you. But lately I have had a lot to do and I am already late with a few coachingsessions so I dont post because I want to do the coaching. Not now anyway.

But: A while back there was a sort of FAQ for beginners at SH with a lot of good posts. Is there anybody out there that get a more extenisve list of good posts? I would like it broken down into different subjects with a few lines about each. Subjects like playing the blinds, playing unhit ovarcards, slowplaying.... the same "chapters" as in normal pokerbooks.

If anyone got such a list or have thought about doing one I would gladly pay for it. I would use it for myself, in my coaching, and also on my swedish site (www.svenskpoker.com). (If I use it on my swedish site I will probably put up an english verion of it... like we did with another subject earlier: www.svenskpoker.com/math.php (http://www.svenskpoker.com/math.php) )

Of course the list doensnt have to be enitrely 2+2posts. Things like Abduls preflopcharts and such are of course (also) gold.

Anyway, just PM me if u are interested in getting paid doing such a list. It doesnt have to be only SH FL. Im also interested in No Limit, torneys, sit-and-gos...

Cernunnos
11-05-2005, 08:50 AM
I used to play against you quite often, both when I was 8 tabling 3-6 on the skins,and after I moved up to 5-10 6max.

You played under Dcw, lion tmr and two other names which you used in that period, that escape me at the mo,(all linked by an interesting line in table chat) and I warrant that you learned a lot of the same formulaic auto pilot poker habits @3-6 fh that I have being trying to get rid of myself,

I ran at 1bb/100 which included one 250bb downswing for my first 120k 5-10sh and am on a real cold run now, which is not helped by the party/skins mess.
From memory you are a decent disciplined player, but I also know I never minded you at a table with me and I reckon that you probably felt the same with regard to me.

Your situation is very similar to mine,i.e a decent reasonably aggressive player who is not exactly crushing the rake at 5-10 due to many small leaks(habits).

P.s if you find a coach and it works for you, Could you P.M or post if you find it usefull. Good luck.

Escape
11-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Hm I remember one hand where I check/raised you on the river and you called my raise with a pair under the highest board card. I believe you showed JJ on a Qxx board. While pre flop betting was capped. I knew you were a 2p2er and we all know they bet any river with a pair.

I don't remember anything else though.

imported_stealthcow
11-05-2005, 12:01 PM
me and a few friends are setting something up where we create videos of ourselves playing and then have someone else download them and watch them over. its been really helpful in showing hands that you dont normally post that you think the other player is playing bad.

so i'd recommend you find a few other 5/10sh plyaers who are struggling to share videos with.

imo i learn better when someone isn't "telling" me the answer as mucha swhen i agrue with someone to learn it

adamstewart
11-05-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've put in over 100k hands of 5/10 and am somewhere around 0.3BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say, "Don't quit your dayjob", but alas....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam

aslowjoe
11-05-2005, 12:21 PM
I still can't get the videos to work. Any suggestions of how to fix that?

imported_stealthcow
11-05-2005, 12:28 PM
whats the problem you have? making them? watching them ?

can you watch movies in the divx format right now? do you have the latest version of wmp?

DCWGaming
11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be losing 1BB/100 and making more than I would at my dayjob. Being a prop = crazy money.

Surfbullet
11-05-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you EVER replied to a thread like this and not been a condescending jerk?

For someone with a SD of 17-18 it's entirely possible to go 100k hands with a 0.3 BB winrate and be a 1-2+ BB/100 winner.

Surf

Surfbullet
11-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey DCW,

I sent you a pm about coaching - hopefully we'll get the session in tomorrow.

If you're satisfied I'm going to lock the thread for NC/preventing more winrate debates/handwaving. If you'd like to hear from more potential coaches(definitely understandable) i'll leave it up for awhile longer.

Surf

aslowjoe
11-05-2005, 02:01 PM
I cant watch them. My screen goes blank. Then if I do get the screen back the resoltion is screwed. Either way I have to reboot

[ QUOTE ]
do you have the latest version of wmp?

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be the problem. What is that?

waffle
11-05-2005, 02:02 PM
surf, do you happen to have the equation relating:

winrate, sd, hands played, confidence interval

handy?

imported_stealthcow
11-05-2005, 02:06 PM
wmp = windows media player. here you gotta answer each question one at a time:

can you watch regular videos online like in windows media player/quick time etc ?

can you watch random movies/video clips in the divx format ?

did you install the xvid mpeg 4 codec?

DCWGaming
11-05-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wmp = windows media player. here you gotta answer each question one at a time:

can you watch regular videos online like in windows media player/quick time etc ?

can you watch random movies/video clips in the divx format ?

did you install the xvid mpeg 4 codec?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been hijacked!

Surfbullet
11-05-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
surf, do you happen to have the equation relating:

winrate, sd, hands played, confidence interval

handy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've got it all in an excel spreadsheet. PM me your email and i'll send it over.

Surf

kahntrutahn
11-05-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

For someone with a SD of 17-18 it's entirely possible to go 100k hands with a 0.3 BB winrate and be a 1-2+ BB/100 winner.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? [censored], I have an 18 STDEV!

adamstewart
11-05-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you EVER replied to a thread like this and not been a condescending jerk?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but I have a low tolerance for stupidity, and many things from the original poster's post are far from intelligent.

If you don't like my replies, feel free to put in on "IGNORE". After all, I never have anything useful to say, right?

Adam

Surfbullet
11-05-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but I have a low tolerance for stupidity, and many things from the original poster's post are far from intelligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine.

You demonstrate a lack of understanding when it comes to the true nature of variance in these games. A 1.5 BB/100 player could have this exact graph given an 18SD, and it would be within a 95% confidence interval. That very same player could run at 2.8 BB/100 over 100k hands. Additionally, to be 99% certain the range widens to the point where he could be nearly a 2BB/100 winner who is running bad.

Now none of this is certain and it's possible that 0.3BB/100 is his true winrate given his current playstyle. He could also be a significant loser that is running well. The point is WE CAN'T KNOW given his SD. Your implications are pointless and myopic.

I honestly hope you continue to run well, because you are in for a hell of a ride if you don't know what variance is truly like.

[ QUOTE ]

If you don't like my replies, feel free to put in on "IGNORE".

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could, I can't put anyone on "ignore" because I have a responsibility to the forum to keep an eye on what is posted and make sure it is vulgarity/obscenity/flame- free.

Surf

adamstewart
11-05-2005, 09:54 PM
You demonstrate a lack of sense of humour.

FWIW, I thought my first reply was pretty funny. Insensitive, yes. But funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Adam

P.S. Since I know so little about the variance of this game, would like to take me up on a bet that his true winrate is *not* 1.5 BB/100, as you have indicated????

aslowjoe
11-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Yes to all except the Divx.

Not sure if I had the new version. Meantime I deleted the old videos and your link is down.

Surfbullet
11-05-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You demonstrate a lack of sense of humour.

FWIW, I thought my first reply was pretty funny. Insensitive, yes. But funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the tongue-in-cheek humor. I apologize.

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Since I know so little about the variance of this game, would like to take me up on a bet that his true winrate is *not* 1.5 BB/100, as you have indicated????

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a bit foolish to gamble on an outcome which is, for all intents and purposes, unknowable.

I would say that there is a reasonable possibility that a player with these stats is a 1-2 BB/100 winner. I think it would be unreasonable to say that it is not possible he is a 1-2 BB/100 winner.

Wow, sorry about the thread hijack.

Surf