PDA

View Full Version : limit vs. nl online, which has tougher games?

11-05-2005, 12:19 AM
do most of the online 'pros' multi-table the limit games or the NL games...or is it pretty close.

looking to play online (do well b&m) but wandering where the softer games might be. (20-40 limit, 1000NL)

11-05-2005, 12:27 AM
If you have to ask...

11-05-2005, 12:34 AM
i've only played B&M. give me a break dude..

krimson
11-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Just an FYI, you need to play significantly lower than your used to Live. If you play 20/40 you probably need to drop to around 5/10 online. Otherwise you'll be here in no time making "online poker is rigged!?@?!@" posts.

11-05-2005, 12:44 AM
online play is that much tougher? how about NL games?

Niediam
11-05-2005, 12:57 AM
I don't think me and some friends ever decided if live 4/8 limit in Michigan was closer to online .25/.50 or .5/1 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

11-05-2005, 01:13 AM
I see alot of people ask this. There are good games of each at different levels, and different sites. You should decide which of the two is your forte. That one should be your primary online game. You do need to drop in stakes, but don't worry, people play up to 12 tables at a time, so your hourly rate might be better anyways.

Isura
11-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Start reading the strategy forums. Try get a feel for how the games play online. See if your thought process is in line with the better players in the mid-high limit and NL forums (you'll figure out who the good posters are very quickly).

IggyWH
11-05-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do most of the online 'pros' multi-table the limit games or the NL games...or is it pretty close.

looking to play online (do well b&m) but wandering where the softer games might be. (20-40 limit, 1000NL)

[/ QUOTE ]

As already said, don't look to jump in a 20-40 or 1000NL on the internet since you do it at a B&M. A lot of online newbies don't understand this and think we're joking and then lose a lot of money right off the bat (and then make online poker is rigged posts as previously mentioned).

You can always move up easily if you start low and crush those games. If you start high though and realize you're over your head, it's probably already hurt your wallet bigtime.

I would not worry about site selection. I think the most important thing with site selection is not the players, but more the software. What site has the best software for your liking? That's the question you need to ask yourself.

Once you find your site, it's all about table selection. Table selection is where you identify the tough vs soft games. I don't see this as a site decision.

KKbluff
11-05-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine most "online pros" multitable Limit as compared to NL.
There is reason behind what Im saying, but I will let someone more experienced elaborate.

goodguy_1
11-05-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is reason behind what Im saying, but I will let someone more experienced elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should play both no doubt ..it makes finding good games much easier

KKbluff
11-05-2005, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you should play both no doubt ..it makes finding good games much easier

[/ QUOTE ]

True, true, but most "online pros" have their main game as limit (or so I have heard/seen)

SammyKid11
11-05-2005, 07:29 AM
There are alot of us "online pros" who play nothing but NL SnG's.

SammyKid11
11-05-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
people play up to 30+ tables at a time, so your hourly rate might be better anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP - no I'm not kidding (not me, but guys I know)

SammyKid11
11-05-2005, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the most important thing with site selection is not the players, but more the software. What site has the best software for your liking? That's the question you need to ask yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only the question you need to ask yourself if you don't like money. Look, PokerRoom.com has some of the greatest poker software ever invented, but the games are not anywhere close to the easiest to beat. If you're into pretty pictures and nice, fond stories to tell other people about all the FUN you have playing online poker...then select the site with the software you like the best. If you want the best games at which to make MONEY (meaning games with the most clueless players), start with Party (as much as I hate them) and maybe Stars.

William
11-05-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that's not real poker....
Those guys get crushed at the cash games.

El Ishmael
11-05-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Barry Greenstein.

William
11-05-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Barry Greenstein.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth always hurts!
Like at the tables...

SammyKid11
11-06-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, yeah - it is real poker. Second of all, I do just fine at cash games. I just do better at SnG's. But thanks for the condescension -- I always enjoy that.