PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter Chamionship

jokerthief
11-05-2005, 12:00 AM

Colonel Kataffy
11-05-2005, 12:11 AM
good, i was hoping this thread would be moved.

I think both Rashaad and Joe are overwhelming favorites. If either of these guys get on the ground, they are unbeatable.

krimson
11-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Joe over Luke is the easier choice I think. It goes to the ground and Luke has no chance.

Brad and Rashad is a bit of a toss up but I voted Rashad. He's definitely the more skilled fighter, but Brad is just so damn huge that everyone is having problems with his Piston Bull rush.

jokerthief
11-05-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good, i was hoping this thread would be moved.

I think both Rashaad and Joe are overwhelming favorites. If either of these guys get on the ground, they are unbeatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost posted it here but I thought that this forum was more for traditional sports so I dropped it in OOT. I should have known better.

Rashad is going to pwn but I'm going with the underdog and picking Luke for the welterweight. I think Luke has an untangbible quality that is hard to explain. Kind of a cold psycho quality.

Colonel Kataffy
11-05-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Luke has an untangbible quality that is hard to explain. Kind of a cold psycho quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean, but the objective part of me tells me otherwise. I'll definitely be rooting for Luke though. I think they both be successful in the "real" UFC.

chunk
11-05-2005, 01:47 AM
Joe pwns. it's not even close.

Rashad and Brad are both going to look like hell at the end of this fight. I say Brad though. Rashad looked good in his last fight but he was awful in his first two wins.

hoyaboy1
11-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Joe is the only guy on the show with the potential to ever make a real impact. Rashad might make a little noise at 205, but not at heavy.

tdarko
11-05-2005, 03:33 AM
the winners are rashad and joe.

i want the winners to be brad and luke.

i have a feeling its going to be nowhere near the fight(s) as last year.

KDawgCometh
11-05-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the winners are rashad and joe.

i want the winners to be brad and luke.

i have a feeling its going to be nowhere near the fight(s) as last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, diego absolutely pwned in his match, so really the big one was the bonner/griffen fight, and that fight will probably win fight of the year in most publications. I think that Luke will make things harder for Joe then most will think, but, Joe Stevenson is no joke. I think that Rashad will end up winning as Brad Imes isn't as good of a fighter as Rashad

BWebb
11-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Definitely rooting for Luke, but if it goes to the ground he will be in deep trouble. If Joe tries to stand up like he did against Jason he will be in trouble.

As for the heavyweights, Rashad is favorite but I think it will be interesting. Rashad is very good on the ground, but Brad is so huge it will be tough to get him there and control him. Rashad stand-up is weak and Brad has a huge reach advantage.

My picks, Luke and Rashad.

tdarko
11-05-2005, 10:59 PM
first round to joe but luke showed some persistance.

tdarko
11-05-2005, 11:05 PM
[censored], round two is even to me...maybe goes to luke.

tdarko
11-05-2005, 11:11 PM
that was good stuff.

the decision will go to joe but damn what a performance from luke.

JcTc
11-05-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that was good stuff.

the decision will go to joe but damn what a performance from luke.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, much better fight than i expected!

IggyWH
11-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Great heavy fight!

tdarko
same as the first fight.

rashad gets the decision but brad fought a heck of a fight.

JcTc
What an awesome fight!

IggyWH
11-06-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
same as the first fight.

rashad gets the decision but brad fought a heck of a fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like you are correct.

KDawgCometh
11-06-2005, 12:07 AM
rashad deserved that one. And he got shat on hard the whole time too by dana white and matt hughes. FOr me, there was just something about him when he entered the competition. Congrats rashad

Ulysses
11-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Wow, what a great finale. Luke multiple times escaped from situations I thought were hopeless. And Brad multiple times came back after taking a number of heavy punches. Wow, both of these guys really showed some heart and skill.

Was great seeing KenFlo (HAHAHHA) beat Kit. I thought Kit Cope would win easily, but I was rooting for Florian.

And that last match was pretty exciting too.

What a great show.

hoyaboy1
11-06-2005, 02:09 AM
I honestly felt Luke won rounds 2 and 3 and should have taken the decision - Joe did no damage after the first. But the UFC gives huge credit to laying on people, so he got the decision.

Diego is gonna get a shot at a top guy pretty soon. Although a Stevenson-Sanchez fight could happen, as could Griffin-Evans.

Roybert
11-06-2005, 02:15 AM
[censored] 3-0 Stevenson (by one judge)? [censored] you.

Bullshit.

hoyaboy1
11-06-2005, 02:28 AM
Was my post bullshit or the decision? Cause yea, if you mean the latter, 3-0 is insane. Kinda like in TUF 1 where one judge had it 30-27 Koschek over Sanchez. Too many judges only care about being on top on the ground and give no credit for strikes and submission attempts from the bottom.

jokerthief
11-06-2005, 03:22 AM
That was a hell of show! I think Luke would have won if it would have gone for another round. I think he won round 2 and 3 but only by a small margin each round. Joe handily won round one which is why I think he got the decision. I wasn't surprised that it was as good of a fight as it was. Luke is a straight up New York style scrapper.

Heavyweight fight was damn close too. I think Rashad won it because he landed much cleaner shots. Rashad definetly needs to drop down to 205.

hoyaboy1
11-06-2005, 03:32 AM
How much a guy wins a round by (unless he destroys his opponent enough to get a 10-8 round) isn't relevant. If you think Luke won rounds 2 and 3, you think he won the fight.

jokerthief
11-06-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How much a guy wins a round by (unless he destroys his opponent enough to get a 10-8 round) isn't relevant. If you think Luke won rounds 2 and 3, you think he won the fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. I was just explaining why I think the judges gave Joe one of the rounds that Luke should have won. I think that Joe was getting just as much of a beating while being on top as Luke was getting on bottom.

Colonel Kataffy
11-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Absolutely amazing night. Rashaad and Luke just get more and more impressive everytime they fight. A few years from now Sanchez and Diaz will be fighting each other over and over for the championship.

This is a great sport, and I'm sure tonights broadcast and repeats on regular cable will take take it to the next level with the public--I can't wait.

BWebb
11-06-2005, 12:45 PM
What a great card!! I only wish the PPV's had this much action and excitement. I'm not sure what the payout structure is for the PPV fights, but it seems when they are fighting for a 3 year contract the fighters go balls out. I wonder if there is a heavy bonus for the winner of a PPV event or if the payday is preset like in boxing. In any case, awesome night. Glad I tivo'd it.

billyjex
11-06-2005, 01:13 PM
UFC rules.

Roybert
11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh no! Sorry! Didn't at all mean that your post was b.s.. I was just talking about the scoring.

Sorry about that ... I didn't mean anything bad about your post at all.