PDA

View Full Version : Very annoying new forum feature

Voltron87
11-04-2005, 11:41 PM
The new forum update has one extremely bad feature. If you are typing up a reply to a post, you used to be able to go back, look at the thread, and then go forward again to the reply screen. If you kept in the same "line" of pages and returned exactly how you came, your in progress post would still be saved. Now if you go back and forward its blank. This is annoying.

Also (this is not a gripe just an observation), when you use the back button to go to a forum from a thread it now gives you an updated post list, where instead you were viewing the same thing you were a minute ago.

tonypaladino
11-04-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also (this is not a gripe just an observation), when you use the back button to go to a forum from a thread it now gives you an updated post list, where instead you were viewing the same thing you were a minute ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed this. I like it.

11-04-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now if you go back and forward its blank. This is annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree. It is annoying. I wish they'd fix it.

Freakin
11-04-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed this. I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. If I want a page refreshed, I'll do it.

LoaferGee12
11-05-2005, 12:02 AM
This has caused extreme frustration for me at least 14 times so far.

stabn
11-05-2005, 12:08 AM
It is being worked on.

masse75
11-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Something I'd like to see--saw it at another forum.

Do I have to admit this? It was a forum for Filemaker (database app similar to Access) users. They have a "quick reply" button, where you don't even leave the main page and just type in a reply.

www.fmforums.com (http://www.fmforums.com)

/endnerdery