PDA

View Full Version : Cancer v. Jail

jesusarenque
11-04-2005, 11:26 PM
You have two choices:

1. You are told you will have a one-year battle with cancer. You will have chemo, radiation, etc. You will get very sick, tired, and lose all your hair. You won't be able to work. You are guaranteed, however, that after one year of treatment you will be cured.

2. Instead of getting cancer, you can opt to go to jail for one year.

(Pretend unwanted assrapings/assaults will not occur in jail)

11-04-2005, 11:27 PM
If this was jail for 5 years or cancer this might be a debate.

Notorious G.O.B.
11-04-2005, 11:27 PM
This is just not even close. Jail might even be kind of fun.

Voltron87
11-04-2005, 11:29 PM
is this a joke? duh. jail. hello aryans.

tonypaladino
11-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Jail and its not even close.

MikeNaked
Take out the ass-rapings and it's not even close. At least you have clarity of mind in jail - you could read, write, life weights, do tai chi and [censored]...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a nice vacation, can I have a tv in my cell?

jesusarenque
11-04-2005, 11:33 PM
I put in the guarantee of no assaults because I thought that if I didn't cancer would win in a runaway. What result if assrape is a possibility (although not a certainty)?

I picked cancer anyway. Freedom is the nuts.

El Ishmael
11-04-2005, 11:34 PM
WPOTD.

Exitonly
11-04-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking cancer, and it's not even close.

jesusarenque
11-04-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking cancer, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. With cancer, you KNOW you are getting better, and at least you will be able to hang out with friends and family and do whatever the hell you want.

Voltron87
Honestly, the only thing that could ever make me choose chemo would be rape or something else sexual. I could deal with beatings, as long as I was not handicapped for life afterwards. If there was assrape every day I would go chemo.

Dave D
The only reason I might say cancer is that jail goes on your record and no one will hire you. You'll always be known as a convict.

Otherwise, the whole thing that sucks about jail is the assrammings.

"either become somebody's bitch, or beat someone up on teh first day"

banditbdl
11-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Cancer and its accompanying treatmennts are often incredibly painful.

tonypaladino
11-04-2005, 11:42 PM
This is a terrible poll

Dave D
11-04-2005, 11:45 PM
I think when you consider that the prison term gets put on your record the decision gets a little harder, tho I'd still vote for prison.

Evertyhing changes if you're a con. You can't vote, I'm sure you probably have to pay more for things like car insurance. And no one's gonna hire you.

BadBoyBenny
11-04-2005, 11:54 PM
We're talking about jail here people, not maximum security prison. At least in the states I have lived in, THERE IS NO ASS RAPE IN A COUNTY JAIL. Also, the OP made no mention of a crime conviction. I would assume that you could be held in jail for trial for a year and then be set free acquitted.

judgesmails
11-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Cancer - easy call. I spent a weekend in jail and I would rather be dead than spend another minute in jail. Seriously.

The Goober
11-05-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to know that I can still get raped and beaten if I want to. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Exitonly
11-05-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cancer and its accompanying treatmennts are often incredibly painful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you under-rate freedom, by a lot.

Cancer is bad because it kills you, if you are guaranteed survival, i'll take a year long flu/body ache/other side effects of chemo..

Oh, and not everyone gets really sick from chemo.

AND getting sick but being free to do wht you want otherwise, be with friends/family. That is way better than prison.

El Ishmael
11-05-2005, 12:25 AM
I can't imagine being with friends and family is some great joyride when you're bald and puking your guts out every second.

LoaferGee12
11-05-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine being with friends and family is some great joyride when you're bald and puking your guts out every second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, being bald would have such a negative effect on being with your friends and family ........

11-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Is it white-collar resort prison, or federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison?

El Ishmael
11-05-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, being bald would have such a negative effect on being with your friends and family ........

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, does anyone actually WANT to be with someone who has cancer? The answer is no.

jesusarenque
11-05-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, does anyone actually WANT to be with someone who has cancer? The answer is no.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know that cancer isn't contagious, don't you?

Exitonly
11-05-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have DIRECT experience with someone that was DYING of cancer, so it's not like i'm talking out of my ass here... I'll take a year of being sick, over losing my freedom, risking my life, and being sexually assaulted.

11-05-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh...unless you're being sarcastic you are a [censored] retart.

BobboFitos
11-05-2005, 01:32 AM
if conjugal (sp?) visits are allowed in prison, i think this is an easy pick.

Isura
11-05-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes the poll really dumb.

11-05-2005, 01:44 AM
Free food and no rent for a year? Im in!

dizong
11-05-2005, 01:58 AM
I think people seriously underestimate the pain of being confined and having your life seriously restricted for 365 straight days. Pile on the risk of ass-rapings, career ruin, boredom, and isolation and cancer wins by a mile.

Sure cancer is physically painful but the emotional aspect of the disease is minimized by the guarantee of a cure. Some of the side effects of cancer and its treatments have ways to be treated whether it be antiemetics, analgesics, or a hat for baldness. Not to minimize what cancer patients undergo but at least they can live with some degree of integrity.

Imagine living in your bedroom for 365 straight days and being allowed to only mow your lawn as your daily activity. I think jail is worse than that.

dizong

Jman28
11-05-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretend unwanted assrapings...

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the wanted ass rapings?

jesusarenque
11-05-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pretend unwanted assrapings...

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the wanted ass rapings?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to shower with Big Steve, then more power to you.

11-05-2005, 02:11 AM
I think some other poster called them "conjugal visits".

Whatever makes you happy when you wake up next to Bubba.

11-05-2005, 02:30 AM
No ass rape, free rent, free food, and no $200k bill?

11-05-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Imagine living in your bedroom for 365 straight days and being allowed to only mow your lawn as your daily activity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Done it before... no big deal; never got around to doing the lawn, though.

Recliner
11-05-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No ass rape, free rent, free food, and no $200k bill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus you could likely play that one game with the guards, just like in Rounders.

Puss In Boots
11-05-2005, 02:45 AM
I hear a bit of weed makes chemo cake.

jesusarenque
11-05-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear a bit of weed makes chemo cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmmmm.....chemo cake

Notorious G.O.B.
11-05-2005, 03:11 AM
At least in jail I'd have a reason to sit in my room 23 hours a day.

ChipWrecked
11-05-2005, 03:52 AM
I've had cancer. I've been in jail. Given your assumptions on the jail stretch: Jail. Not close.

Chemo is like sex or psychedelic drugs. You can try to explain it to somebody, but if you haven't done it you just wouldn't understand.

jesusarenque
11-05-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had cancer. I've been in jail. Given your assumptions on the jail stretch: Jail. Not close.

Chemo is like sex or psychedelic drugs. You can try to explain it to somebody, but if you haven't done it you just wouldn't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had cancer. As has my dad. My mom has it right now. I know chemo sucks. I'd still take that over jail.

tonypaladino
11-05-2005, 04:22 AM
I don't understand how people can pick cancer. It is explicitly said that if you pick jail there will be no beatings or rapings. You would choose a year of suffering over a year of sitting in a room reading and watching tv, with a couple of hours of excersize each day. What do you people have brain damage?

InchoateHand
11-05-2005, 04:39 AM
dizong,

you are so wrong.

I am a poet, and I don't realize it.

ChipWrecked
11-05-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had cancer. As has my dad. My mom has it right now. I know chemo sucks. I'd still take that over jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best to your mom. Sorry to hear it.

11-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Cancer. Not even close.

Death and pain are nothing compared to a cage.

JihadOnTheRiver
11-05-2005, 06:47 AM
You recover from jail. You do not recover from cancer.

gabbahh
11-05-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You recover from jail. You do not recover from cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even when you are considered fully healed, it can always come back. The fact that you've had cancer will stay with you for the rest of your life... When you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you.
Also the jails in my country are pretty ok. You get television, you can get all the dope you want. And besides the fact that you are locked up, it can be fun...
One of my friend likes it so much he spends more time inside then outside of the prison.

11-05-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how people can pick cancer. It is explicitly said that if you pick jail there will be no beatings or rapings. You would choose a year of suffering over a year of sitting in a room reading and watching tv, with a couple of hours of excersize each day. What do you people have brain damage?

[/ QUOTE ]\

That was my sentiment too. Plus you could really get in great shape with nothing to do but workout and eat all day. And the fact that people would be scared of you because you were in jail, getting weed and swag hookups when you are out, etc.

11-05-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also the jails in my country are pretty ok. You get television, you can get all the dope you want. And besides the fact that you are locked up, it can be fun...
One of my friend likes it so much he spends more time inside then outside of the prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. Is this guy your friend?

http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2005-04-14/music_celebspins-1.jpg

man
11-05-2005, 12:20 PM
I've never had cancer and I've never been in jail. but I have had a long-term traumatic experience (mild mental health stuff, probably nothing compared to cancer), and it made me a stronger person. does anyone else see the cancer thing as sort of a challenge? not to mention, prison will screw your professional life entirely.

Exitonly
11-05-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone else see the cancer thing as sort of a challenge?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this too.

astroglide
11-05-2005, 03:46 PM
jail doesn't seem like a big deal to me if it's not serious security/rape jail and especially if there wouldn't be a felony on record

11-05-2005, 03:55 PM
But would the judge tell me Im a bad person?

totally not worth it.

yeah exit's right, you get the added bonus of the challenge of overcoming an obstacle with cancer, with jail not so much.

astroglide
11-05-2005, 03:57 PM
with jail you could do massive amounts of self-improvement. books, working out, introspection, etc.

banditbdl
11-05-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you under-rate freedom, by a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not really free when you're full-blown cancer sick. Physically, there are a ton of things you simply won't be able to do. Moreover, mentally being that sick and having to go through that kind of pain has a way of exhausting you psychologically.

Drew16
11-08-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have had cancer. As has my dad. My mom has it right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

meep_42
11-08-2005, 09:14 PM
I've never been to jail.

-d

Duke
11-08-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have had cancer. As has my dad. My mom has it right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~D

Superfluous Man
11-08-2005, 10:41 PM
If there is even the slightest possibility of assrape (and thus AIDS) it's cancer, and it's not even close.

MyTurn2Raise
11-09-2005, 04:46 AM
Jail or Prison? There is a very very big difference.

Ok, I'll admit it. I've been in both. Jail is no sweat. Prisons suck. I've never fully healed. I never will. My life has never been the same and it cannot ever be the same.

One prison I was at was nice (Vienna Correctional Center). Patty-cake. Played chess. Watched TV. Tutored Algebra. Mopped floors. Read books. Did not lift or play basketball (too many Aryans and gangstas).

The other prison was not so nice. (It's the one where fox filmed most of that show Prison Break.) I was general pop and not receiving there before someone who knows a little tries to point that out. 24 hours of constant fear and alertness really messes with the way a mind works. First, my cornhole is still virgin thankfully. But, it took constant watching/manipulating/ deals to maintain that status. Beatings--I took one. Not that big of a deal. The reward of segregrated population (isolation) was nice for a person of my make-up. It was a 23/1 prison. 23 hours a day in an old timey cell like Shawshank. 1 hour a day of yard time. Time out for work, chapel service, and most meals. Yes, they make you work. don't worry though...I was paid $0.15/hour. Got to spend my hard earned pay on little debbie snacks and such. Met some of the worst. I regularly ate meals with a kid who killed his whole family (Mom, dad, and little sisters) with a hammer. One of my cellmates was a drive-by-murderer. The list goes on. Those who weren't severely doped up (Thorazine anyone) did not think in 'normal' patterns.

But that's not the worst of it. The worst is when your Mom comes to visit, or your girlfriend, or your Dad. Friends don't come, because you are no longer a friend when in there and, quite often, not a friend when you get out. Your girlfriend/wife/ladyfriend is a lost cause. Relationships don't survive strain like that.

When you get out, everything is different. I got to slowly adjust due to the anklet. (See the Busterstacks photo). You are very likely to have much, much trouble finding a job. Hell, pizza places were turning me down, despite a stellar work history. I got lucky and some very sympathetic souls at my local bookstore employed me. When I moved back to the University I attended, most of my 'friends' were anything but. I was effectively ostracized by many holier than thou types. My bad for being the one who got caught. Fortunately, some friends remained so and those people will be friends 'til I part from the soil. I finished multiple degrees with high honors from a prestigious program. Guess what? No jobs. Nothing. Nothing respectable at all. (Take a guess as to why I learned poker.) I was arrested in 1999 as a stupid 19-year old. Many moons have passed and still nothing changes; employers view is that I'm a convict. I can vote (funny state). I live a relatively normal life, but, occasionally, the fear comes back. Occasionally, I am a sad drunk. My birthday is always the worst (great timing when they served that warrant). People are always shocked to find out that I am what I am. I don't come off as that 'type' if that means anything.

But, I still doubt if that is worse than cancer.
A relative is battling that right now, and, IMO, it's a much, much worse position.

BTW-I was convicted of drug possession of a schedule I and got the max 3 years. I served considerably less time. Yeah drug war. Very clean record before. Nothing since. Yes, there was a deal for dropped charges of a more severe sort. Warning: watch what you're doing out there because sometimes there are dramatic consequences to actions that don't seem that bad.

AdamL
11-09-2005, 05:08 AM
The "free cancer for 1 year" with cure is way preferable to jail for those of us with families we'd like to be able to see and spend time with every day! (Even if we'd be ugly and sick!)

kevkev60614
11-09-2005, 04:17 PM
MyTurn2Raise,

Your post makes me sad. When is your birthday?