PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Message That Might Save a Life

David Sklansky
11-04-2005, 10:58 PM
There's a kid over at the Psychology forum who is obviously depressed and is talking about suicide. Though he's getting support over there, most recommending seeing a doctor and getting anti-depressants, I'm guessing that there are quite a few posters here who might want to get involved. Prozac takes a month or so to work. Hopefully those who want to invoke religion won't pour it on too thick as I think it might backfire. I believe the main thing would be the sheer number of people who respond. I haven't yet because I'm not sure whether my topless dancer philosophy is appropriate. But tell him I sent you.

BigSoonerFan
11-04-2005, 11:07 PM
You're all right Sklansky, no matter what Mason says.

[ QUOTE ]
There's a kid over at the Psychology forum who is obviously depressed and is talking about suicide. Though he's getting support over there, most recommending seeing a doctor and getting anti-depressants, I'm guessing that there are quite a few posters here who might want to get involved. Prozac takes a month or so to work. Hopefully those who want to invoke religion won't pour it on too thick as I think it might backfire. I believe the main thing would be the sheer number of people who respond. I haven't yet because I'm not sure whether my topless dancer philosophy is appropriate. But tell him I sent you.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-05-2005, 08:36 AM
I went over there and read all of the responses thus far. The general consensus is that the boy should seek professional help. I can't possibly post, because I'm too afraid that my post might somehow affect a boy's decision to live or die. I feel helpless, because I can't think of anything to say to this young man that a bunch of people haven't already said. Please, if you have anything to contribute, go over to the Psychology forum and add your support for this struggling young man.

BigSoonerFan
11-05-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I went over there and read all of the responses thus far. The general consensus is that the boy should seek professional help. I can't possibly post, because I'm too afraid that my post might somehow affect a boy's decision to live or die.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way, as apparently does DS. I don't have any qualifications to help, and I definitely don't want to make things worse. Hopefully someone qualified will step in.

Trantor
11-05-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went over there and read all of the responses thus far. The general consensus is that the boy should seek professional help. I can't possibly post, because I'm too afraid that my post might somehow affect a boy's decision to live or die. I feel helpless, because I can't think of anything to say to this young man that a bunch of people haven't already said. Please, if you have anything to contribute, go over to the Psychology forum and add your support for this struggling young man.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you posted anyway! And such a deopressing one it pushed him over the edge!

BigSoonerFan
11-05-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But you posted anyway! And such a depressing one it pushed him over the edge!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, was DS telling the guy about my performance so far this year? I swear my -5 BB/hr for the year is due to on-line poker being rigged!

veganmav
11-14-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't yet because I'm not sure whether my topless dancer philosophy is appropriate. But tell him I sent you.

[/ QUOTE ]

David mind if I ask to hear your theory? for future reference /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tek
11-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Well, hopefully he won't read any posts over here... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif