PDA

View Full Version : Paradise double paid my neteller?? advice

JerBear77
11-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Well,

Has this happened to anyone else??

Im thinking of moving it quick, but then im thinking they will correct their mistake and then there won't be the money in there to cover it....

11-04-2005, 10:51 PM
email em, and send the money back.

KKbluff
11-04-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
email em, and send the money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything else could and probably will get you in trouble.

UATrewqaz
11-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Leave the money there for awhile and see if they catch it, if htey donj't (say after a month) i think you're safe.

mistrpug
11-04-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im thinking of moving it quick, but then im thinking they will correct their mistake and then there won't be the money in there to cover it....

[/ QUOTE ]

This should work if you're cool with stealing.

bholdr
11-04-2005, 11:54 PM
don't steal their money, esp if you intend to play there in the future.... asking for a bonus for being up front with them wouldn't be out of line, though.

UATrewqaz
11-05-2005, 12:06 AM
What's up with all these poker players with morality?

If someone deposits money into Paradise and abandons it do you think Paradise would track down the owner to refund it?

Think of this as rakeback I say.

Freakin
11-05-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't steal their money, esp if you intend to play there in the future.... asking for a bonus for being up front with them wouldn't be out of line, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good line.

IronDragon1
11-05-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's up with all these poker players with morality?

If someone deposits money into Paradise and abandons it do you think Paradise would track down the owner to refund it?

Think of this as rakeback I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more pragmatism than altriusm I'd say

UATrewqaz
11-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Well they very well may catch the mistake, that's why I would leave the money (both deposits) sitting in Neteller for at least a month (most accountants do things monthly).

If at any point they request it back, sure no problem its theirs.

If they do not claim it after a month I think its "safe" to cash out due to the fact they will most likely not catch it from that point on, which does not have a negative impact at you playing on there in the future.

Obviously this raises the "ethical" question of is this ok to do, but thats better suited for the religion/politics forum.

Although this has no bearing on the ethical qeustion, what is the size of the cash out? If it's like $100 bucks then screw it, just tell them. If it's like $1000 it might be worth it to take the "risk" to keep the money.

However the larger the sum of money the more they are going to notice its missing.

rusty JEDI
11-05-2005, 12:36 AM
What you propose is no different than stealing something from a gas station when the only attendant runs outside to pump someones gas.

Do you steal at every opportunity?

rJ

11-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I steal all the time, and I think it is good for the economy. This has happened to a number of people. Some of them were asked for the money back, some of them weren't and have not had trouble for months or even years. leave it there. and then cash it out after a while.

OldYoda
11-05-2005, 12:49 AM
The correct answer is give it back - and it's not even close. Over and above that, the Poker Gods hate a thief. Do you really want to risk their wrath?

wonderwes
11-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Everything should have a log record. You could do future cashouts/deposits and that record could pop up on their database years down the line. As tempting as it is (well depends how much $$$ you made) I think the high road would be to send it back.

Shame though, the poker sites make so much off you in rake anyways.

StellarWind
11-05-2005, 01:38 AM
I would:

1. Doublecheck that they really made a mistake. Sometimes when I get "too much change" it turns out to be my confusion and not theirs. Recheck your Neteller and Paradise balances to be sure you really do have extra money.

2. Withdraw all money from Neteller except the amount of the overage. Mistakes have a way of occurring in bunches. You don't want any extra money lying around when they try to take their money back *twice*.

3. Notify Paradise and offer to return the money because it's the right thing to do.

BTW, my personal rule is that my obligation ends there. The second time someone gives me too much change for the same purchase I deem them to be wasting my time and move on with my life.

primetime32
11-05-2005, 02:13 AM
First and foremost, this is not stealing. The money was given to him and is in a seperate account. He is under no legal obligation to return the money.

For example, if you leave the grocery store with extra change and realize it later on that day do you think its against the law to keep the extra change? There is no affirmative duty to return the extra money.

And forget about the moral aspect of the situation. Like someone else said, they wouldn't be looking for you if you left your money with them and never played their again.

Do the right thing and keep the money.

11-05-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh...calling it the "right thing" might be stretching it a bit. I think though that it's not the end of the world, regardless of you do. Do what you want to do with it: if you keep it, just remember that there may or may not be consequences and be willing to accept them. Provided this isn't a large sum of money, then yes, it's like the example someone mentioned about a grocery store giving a little bit extra change back. No harm done. Technically, it's stealing, but just because something is technically wrong doesn't mean it's not acceptable. We all break speed limits at one time or another and we all have lied when it probably wasn't a good idea.

Does that make it right? Not really. But I don't think it's an issue worth worrying about.

smoore
11-05-2005, 02:44 AM
You need to be completely selfish here.

If it will bother you to keep the money (I suspect it will or you wouldn't have posted) then you should tell them and ask for a bonus.

If you don't care about the morality of it (I personally wouldn't) then ignore it. Simply leave it there. Whatever happens to it will happen to it. I think you could notice it in three months with complete safety.

wonderwes
11-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Its hard to argue because we don't know the amount of the cashout. Would be different it was $50 as apposed to $2500?

UATrewqaz
11-05-2005, 03:06 AM
Like if your bankroll is 10K and it's $500 who cares either way

If you are a micro limit bonus whore and every $1 matters and it's a few hundred, it's much more attractive to keep.

I have trouble feeling sorry for a multi-million dollar company as Paradise most likely is.

I know stealing is stealing or whatever, but if I saw one of the VP's of Wal-Mart driving down the street and a giant bag of money fell out of his car I'm keeping it.

If I see some guy in an unemployment line drop his wallet I'm giving it back.

Hypocritical, a little, but that's just what I would personally do.

primetime32
11-05-2005, 03:30 AM
Youre just being honest. As opposed to everyone else at this site that pays every penny of their taxes, returns all lost money and has never done anything wrong in the lives. Its an honor to be amongst this many saints.

tonypaladino
11-05-2005, 03:58 AM
There is a difference between Illegal and Immoral.

Keeping the money may be illegal, depending on the contracts (terms and conditions) with paridise or neteller.

Morality is an individual thing. Posters here are telling the OP what the "right" and "wrong" things to do are. That is bullsh!t. I personally do not think that many types of stealing are morally wrong. It is the responsibility of a firm to protect its assets, if Paradise cannot do that, that is their problem.

If the OP doesn't feel it's wrong, then it's not for him.

11-05-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its hard to argue because we don't know the amount of the cashout. Would be different it was $50 as apposed to $2500?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, you have to know the pot odds before you bet...
but in this situation I would always fold (give it back)

fire_fly
11-05-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What you propose is no different than stealing something from a gas station when the only attendant runs outside to pump someones gas.

Do you steal at every opportunity?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but this is just retarded.

A multi million (billion?) dollar company totally screws up and hands you money.

Hold onto it for a bit, and then take it. Their fault, they eat the cost of the mistake. End of story.

By the way, something similer happened to me a while back.

Went to albersons, got some groceries with my ATM card at the self checkout stand, got 20 cash back.

The machine spit out two crisp clean hundred dollar bills. I calmly picked them up and left. Waited a few weeks, no one contacted me or anything, done deal.

A couple hundred or thousand out of this large of a company is abso-fukkin-lutely nothing. Take the money and tell the gods of luck "thank you."

rusty JEDI
11-05-2005, 07:08 AM
The amount it is does not matter.
The size of the corporation does not matter.
Try to justify it anyway you want.

I have done the right thing and notified paradise support to double check their recent withdrawls.

Just in case, I have included a link to this thread and the username of the OP just in case he uses a similar username there.

rJ

11-05-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The legislators where I am from have a different opinion.

1. Stealing $5 is different than stealing $10000.

2. Taking $5 is different than accidently receiving $5.

3. Taking $5 directly from someone's wallet is different than taking $5 that you saw fall out of a wallet and is different still from taking $5 that you found in the gutter. (property vs. lost property vs. abandoned property)

Do you seriously believe that the size (wealth) of the corporation (victim) does not matter? Stealing one million dollars from a company that just profited ten billion would do nothing. Stealing one million from another corporation could be enough to bankrupt it and force everyone out of work. So size doesn't matter? Ever?

Are you really this 'black and white' with morality?

froggy527
11-05-2005, 09:25 AM
This has happened to others on 2+2 and it always breaks
down into two groups. It's the same way when somebody
asks about taxes.(Yes vs No). If memory serves me some
have contacted the site and for their effort they got
a bonus or something thrown there way.

Some have taken the wait and see route and I know that
on at least some of them the site caught it's mistake
and took their money back. And I remember one player that
told the site about there mistake and they told him to
keep it since it was there mistake! I'm thinking that
that doesn't happen very much!

If it was me I would tell them and see if they will throw
a bone my way. Especially if you plan to keep on playing
on paradise.

rusty JEDI
11-05-2005, 10:05 AM
I do see where you are coming from.

As for the size of the corporation I still say it does not matter. If they are so huge, that the amount is insignificant to them then they have the right to say just keep it when you inform them.

As for the amount, i suppose it is different if its $5 or $1 million especially considering punishment. However, morally stealing is stealing. If it is the case of $1 million you just add more morality in the form of how much it is hurting the victim.

rJ

Dennisa
11-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Since its paradise, I would triple check your records to make sure it was not yours. Once you confirm its not your money, send an email explaining the situation. Paradise has a legendary doom switch, since you are honest, they should leave the switch on the good size extra long for you since you have been honest. You have a decent chance of making that money back being on their good side

primetime32
11-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Kramer : It's just a write off for them.
Jerry : How is it a write off?
Kramer : They just write it off.
Jerry : Write it off what?
Kramer : Jerry all these big companies they write off everything
Jerry : You don't even know what a write off is.
Kramer : Do you?
Jerry : No. I don't.
Kramer : But they do and they are the ones writing it off.
Jerry : I wish I just had the last twenty seconds of my life back.

11-05-2005, 11:13 AM
just as a matter of interest, how many people here gave back the extra $50 that Plex gave out as bonus this month?

the same situation....an obvious mistake on their part that resulted in the player receiving more than he should have.

11-05-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have done the right thing and notified paradise support to double check their recent withdrawls.

Just in case, I have included a link to this thread and the username of the OP just in case he uses a similar username there.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

any chance u could take time off from walking on water and turning water into wine and maybe cure my leprosy?

WLVRYN
11-05-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

any chance u could take time off from walking on water and turning water into wine and maybe cure my leprosy?

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be one of the biggest dick moves I've seen since I've been here. I drove 40 in a 35 this morning on the way back from getting coffee. I guess now you are going to call the cops on me. What an ass.

niwotyalpi
11-05-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be a joke. If you have nothing better to do with your time than [censored] like this, then you sir are an absolute loser.

UATrewqaz
11-05-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a tool.

"Teacher! Teacher! Billy took an extra piece of candy!" = You

primetime32
11-05-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you might just be the biggest loser.

If this is true, you should be banned. I am speechless.

11-05-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First and foremost, this is not stealing. The money was given to him and is in a seperate account. He is under no legal obligation to return the money.

For example, if you leave the grocery store with extra change and realize it later on that day do you think its against the law to keep the extra change? There is no affirmative duty to return the extra money.

And forget about the moral aspect of the situation. Like someone else said, they wouldn't be looking for you if you left your money with them and never played their again.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS logic. Morality is not dictated by how others would treat you.

RiverTheNuts
11-05-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone ban this douche, you are the biggest fuuckbag alive

smb394
11-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Haven't read many replies but I would send them an email about it.

If they take for their $ back, I would ask for a bonus. Their response to this would be a big factor in how much play I would give them in the future.

If they never respond, I'd assume it's mine after a month. However, I'd be careful transferring money to/from the site in the future (knowing that the mistake could be corrected).

11-05-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I have no problem with keeping the money. But even if I didn't, this is the stupidest thing to do. You didn't even give the OP the chance to do what you say is the "right thing"

11-05-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

kill yourself immediately

11-05-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

kill yourself immediately

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.....even i didnt come in here with all guns blazing on my first post...... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Homer
11-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Cash all your money out of Neteller, then change your secure ID or better yet, close your Neteller account. Take the money and run!

<font color="white">Give the money back!</font>

Allinlife
11-05-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cash all your money out of Neteller, then change your secure ID or better yet, close your Neteller account. Take the money and run!

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto go find your self a nice tropical island and enjoy the rest.

seriously though, I had samething happen with empire last year and they just automatically took the money back after couple days.. so i would just leave the money and hope they don't take it back or somethin

Bez
11-05-2005, 07:07 PM
It's in my neteller account right now. They wait a while to approve it and did so. This is definitely not stealing.

11-05-2005, 08:01 PM
As for sending this hyperlink to Paradise, nh.

primetime32
11-05-2005, 08:20 PM
My guess is that RJ doesnt repost in this thread again. He is the kind of weasel who will do something like this and then never have the guts to face the music. Typical internet lurker.

Even if this was stealing, i would rather associate with a robber than a behind your back snake like RJ.

timprov
11-05-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that RJ doesnt repost in this thread again. He is the kind of weasel who will do something like this and then never have the guts to face the music. Typical internet lurker.

[/ QUOTE ]

He went and posted about it in The OOT. linky (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=3869225&amp;S earchpage=1&amp;Main=3869225&amp;Words=+rJ_&amp;topic=&amp;Search= true#Post3869225). I don't know if you can vote in a poll in a locked thread.

Given his current icon he may not be around long anyway.

beset7
11-05-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto go find your self a nice tropical island and enjoy the rest.

seriously though, I had samething happen with empire last year and they just automatically took the money back after couple days.. so i would just leave the money and hope they don't take it back or somethin

[/ QUOTE ]

They will try to reverse it. Trust me they will catch this. Just leave it in neteller.

Jorge10
11-05-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I have no problem with keeping the money. But even if I didn't, this is the stupidest thing to do. You didn't even give the OP the chance to do what you say is the "right thing"

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Its this type of millitant behavior that just messes things up more in every situation. He didnt have a choice, you just went ahead and forced him to do as you please.

It always sickens me when people say they are right and therefore must force the others to do as they say because they are right. Whats the difference between what you did and someone beating up someone and taking their money? There is no difference both are essentially using force to get someone to do something they might not have wanted to do.

Now im not saying nothing should ever be reported, but in this case it was a victimless crime. No one really lost anything paradise wasnt going to go broke.

Thats why reporting this makes him a piece of garbage and the lowest of the low.

MrBlueNose
11-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Similar happened to me. I withdrew $500 from Gamesgrid(all my funds), and I checked my Neteller the next day and there was a deposit from Gamesgrid for $1,000.

I e-mailed their support to let them know of this, and what would they want me to do. Four hours later, the extra $500 was taken out. I never received a reply from support or from anyone at Gamesgrid. I didn't care about extra bonuses or cash, but a simple "Hey thanks for catching our [censored] up" would've been nice.

I haven't played there since.

vilemerchant
11-05-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Similar happened to me. I withdrew $500 from Gamesgrid(all my funds), and I checked my Neteller the next day and there was a deposit from Gamesgrid for $1,000.

I e-mailed their support to let them know of this, and what would they want me to do. Four hours later, the extra $500 was taken out. I never received a reply from support or from anyone at Gamesgrid. I didn't care about extra bonuses or cash, but a simple "Hey thanks for catching our [censored] up" would've been nice.

I haven't played there since.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a bit worrying that they can just 'withdraw ' money from your Neteller. I was thinking all they could is reverse a transaction, but since they took back $500 from a $1000 cashout that's obviously not the case. I wonder if some dodgy online casino I've whored in the past could suddenly decide they're in a bit of financial strife and empty out my neteller?

11-06-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

morally stealing is stealing.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absurd. the world is not black and white like they taught you in sunday school. But whatever. If the amount of the mess up is big, empty out your neteller, make a new one, empty out paradise and just start playing at party. Paradise is not gonna hunt you down to litigate, even for 2000 bucks.

rusty JEDI
11-06-2005, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Face the music? I'm not hearing anything.

rJ

Emperor
11-06-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a difference between Illegal and Immoral.

Keeping the money may be illegal, depending on the contracts (terms and conditions) with paridise or neteller.

Morality is an individual thing. Posters here are telling the OP what the "right" and "wrong" things to do are. That is bullsh!t. I personally do not think that many types of stealing are morally wrong. It is the responsibility of a firm to protect its assets, if Paradise cannot do that, that is their problem.

If the OP doesn't feel it's wrong, then it's not for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Individuals do not decide what is moral

Societies do not decide what is moral.

Only God decides.

and it isn't close.

DWarrior
11-06-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you are a micro limit bonus whore and every $1 matters and it's a few hundred, it's much more attractive to keep.

I have trouble feeling sorry for a multi-million dollar company as Paradise most likely is.

I know stealing is stealing or whatever, but if I saw one of the VP's of Wal-Mart driving down the street and a giant bag of money fell out of his car I'm keeping it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz why on earth would you want some broke-ass guy's cheap wallet?

DWarrior
11-06-2005, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

morally stealing is stealing.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absurd. the world is not black and white like they taught you in sunday school. But whatever. If the amount of the mess up is big, empty out your neteller, make a new one, empty out paradise and just start playing at party. Paradise is not gonna hunt you down to litigate, even for 2000 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you open a new neteller with the same personal info?

11-06-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz why on earth would you want some broke-ass guy's cheap wallet?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mj12
11-06-2005, 12:56 PM
i would give it back.
Hope u will. TO make sure i have notified the police of the issue, have fun in jail.

ps lighten up RJ

Felipe
11-06-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well they very well may catch the mistake, that's why I would leave the money (both deposits) sitting in Neteller for at least a month (most accountants do things monthly).

If at any point they request it back, sure no problem its theirs.

If they do not claim it after a month I think its "safe" to cash out due to the fact they will most likely not catch it from that point on, which does not have a negative impact at you playing on there in the future.

Obviously this raises the "ethical" question of is this ok to do, but thats better suited for the religion/politics forum.

Although this has no bearing on the ethical qeustion, what is the size of the cash out? If it's like $100 bucks then screw it, just tell them. If it's like $1000 it might be worth it to take the "risk" to keep the money.

However the larger the sum of money the more they are going to notice its missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line!!! AND IT ISN'T CLOSE.

nh

And complain to neteller if they are taking money out of your account without your consent! that's theft! (hehehehe) No really! Give neteller a hard time! That's invasion of privacy. No one touches that money except YOU!

And that line about 'dog' (god) determining morals is a bunch of b.s.

alimomoney
11-06-2005, 05:34 PM
After reading so many of the replies, it's obvious that Doyle's thinking that poker players are honest is a bunk of crap. What a sad commentary.

gulebjorn
11-06-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the words to express how lame this is.

rusty JEDI
11-06-2005, 08:21 PM
HAHAHAHA

I get the last laugh.

Paradise offered me a bonus for "looking out for them."

rJ

UATrewqaz
11-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Judas got 30 pieces of silver.

FYI.

Sniper
11-06-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHA...I get the last laugh....Paradise offered me a bonus for "looking out for them."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Played rJ

primetime32
11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHA

I get the last laugh.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you got a bonus to play poker. That is so unheard of at online pokerrooms.

smoore
11-07-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Judas got 30 pieces of silver.

FYI.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahah. nice reference.

[censored] judas, what a prick.

edit: any chance of rj_'s title being changed to "Our little Judas"? That'd be sweet.

BigF
11-07-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHA

I get the last laugh.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. Now you can buy a new dildo to replace the one in your ass.

Dave H.
11-07-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope that your response is some kind of joke! I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. However, if it is NOT a joke, you are warped! The OP was asking with sincerity what others thought he should do. He was asking a fair question and should never have expected that kind of treatment. Flaming is one thing; taking ACTION is quite another. You should be ashamed of yourself if your response included action!

UATrewqaz
11-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Don't worry, in response to rj's emailing of Paradise I have hired several thugs to beat him with a tire iron as he's walking to his car tonight.

I feel it's the right thing to do and since I'm the complete and absolute authority on what's right I went ahead and did this.

sledghammer
11-07-2005, 07:53 PM
A buddy of mine lost 400$ to party or neteller fing up his cashout. He tried for months to get the money back, emailing party, emailing neteller, with nothing but a run around at every turn. If they cashed out extra money to me, I would keep it in a second. Of course, this was party and not paradise, and i don't know how paradise would have reacted to the situation.

SomethingClever
11-07-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way wrong.

I once tried to deposit a paycheck via bank ATM. It failed the first two or three times, so I went into the bank and deposited it manually. Later, all those failed deposits showed up as cleared and in my account!

I told the bank, and they said, "Ok, it'll get fixed." A month later and it was still there.

Just when I was beginning to think about buying something shiny, it disappeared (well over one month later; more like two).

UATrewqaz
11-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Why on earth did you tell the bank? I would have let the extra funds sit idle for awhile (say 6 months - 12 months, since a bank is much more likely to have strict accounting procedures) and then withdrawn.

Another option is to withdraw all hte money and close your account. I don't think they would have any legal recourse to get the money back, since it was their error and you could simply argue "I didn't notice the extra money"

You'd be a liar of course, but a rich one!

I had a friend in a similar situation, a bank double applied a check of about $300 to his account and they never caught the mistake or realized it later and just didn't correct it.

Oh and here's a really odd odd bank error story...

I open a checking account with about $1000. A few days later I notice my balance is like $1021. I have a $21 deposit from Kroger (the grocery chain).

I had never been in a Kroger in my life and the account was like 2 weeks old, I was like... very strange...

fast forward a month and lo and behold another deposit from Kroger for $4, at this point I was like "WOO HOO!" as I had dreams of free monthly deposits, but unfortunately that was the last one.

Nobody ever took the money back and I have no idea where it came from or why.

GrannyMae
11-08-2005, 10:42 AM
First and foremost, this is not stealing.

i bet you think card sharing and soft playing friends is not collusion. am i right? as long as it is passive, it is ok, huh?

to the OP.

return it!

HRFats
11-08-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they would have any legal recourse to get the money back, since it was their error and you could simply argue "I didn't notice the extra money"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, they have recourse. They can sue you for treble damages in most states (treble means TRIPLE damages). They can send it to a collection agency. How do you think banks recover funds from the millions of bounced checks? They bounce because there is no money in the account but they still manage to collect.

primetime32
11-08-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they would have any legal recourse to get the money back, since it was their error and you could simply argue "I didn't notice the extra money"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, they have recourse. They can sue you for treble damages in most states (treble means TRIPLE damages). They can send it to a collection agency. How do you think banks recover funds from the millions of bounced checks? They bounce because there is no money in the account but they still manage to collect.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, an offshore gambling site trying to use the american court system to recover money that was to be used for gambling. That is too funny.

not to mention the legal costs of bringing such an action in america presuming a court would even hear the case. They would have spend thousands upon thousands just to bring the action.

HRFats
11-08-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, an offshore gambling site trying to use the american court system to recover money that was to be used for gambling. That is too funny.

not to mention the legal costs of bringing such an action in america presuming a court would even hear the case. They would have spend thousands upon thousands just to bring the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I thought you were referencing the BANK not the poker site. You are correct. There is no way the poker site will come after you for the extra money. But a bank certainly will...