PDA

View Full Version : Get to showdown.

cockandbull
11-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Villian in this hand is reasonable but a tad aggro, 25/15/5 from 150 hands. ATS is 35. Am i right to let him keep firing? Would anyone check-raise this river?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

imported_leader
11-04-2005, 10:57 PM
That's fine. I might lead the river though.

Digs
11-04-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's fine. I might lead the river though.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, if this guy was less aggro i'm definatly leading the river.

As is, 5.0 over 150's still pretty f'n high and I like c/c

cookie
11-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Its good, like the river c/c with his AF 5

jba
11-05-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its good, like the river c/c with his AF 5

[/ QUOTE ]

it is a good thought, but overagression also makes bet/call river attractive.

7ontheline
11-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Wouldn't his high aggression make him more likely to fold to a river bet if he didn't have much? He's playing raise or fold poker. Of course, if we have a read that he goes nuts with marginal holdings I like bet/call the river.

Lmn55d
11-05-2005, 03:36 PM
I checkraise the flop.

LoaferGee12
11-05-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I checkraise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this put you in a pretty tough spot when he raises the turn? (Which I imagine he'll do often)

Lmn55d
11-05-2005, 04:36 PM
if he does raise the turn, sometimes it is a tough spot. But your hand is way ahead of his range here and you're missing value especially when you give him the chance to take a free card on the turn with a hand that has outs or would call a turn bet. Maybe if you give me an example of a turn card I can tell you what I'd do against a raise from this player. Also, a lot of times he'll put you on a straight draw and call down with a lower pocket pair or even ace high.

LoaferGee12
11-05-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if he does raise the turn, sometimes it is a tough spot. But your hand is way ahead of his range here and you're missing value especially when you give him the chance to take a free card on the turn with a hand that has outs or would call a turn bet. Maybe if you give me an example of a turn card I can tell you what I'd do against a raise from this player. Also, a lot of times he'll put you on a straight draw and call down with a lower pocket pair or even ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points, I'm starting to like check-raising this flop. As some examples of turn moves, what would you do if raised on this board, or a turn brick.

Lmn55d
11-05-2005, 04:47 PM
generally I'd call down because this is a semibluff raise with a straight draw, or a free showdown raise with a lower pocket pair, a weaker T, or even like AQ. Maybe against some players you can call turn and fold river b/c they won't fire 2 with a worse hand. However against most I don't trust them enough. Hell this could even be a weaker king!

mperich
11-05-2005, 04:58 PM
You are trying too hard to get to showdown, and not hard enough to get value out of your hand. TP is a monster in this situation, and his AF over 150 hands doesnt mean much. I probably c/r the flop. Sometimes I will C/R the turn. I am getting to showdown no matter what tho, so C/R turn might be a little scary if you dont wanna put in 3bets with a marginal holding like this.

-Mike

cockandbull
11-05-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are trying too hard to get to showdown, and not hard enough to get value out of your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting to showdown with one bet going in on each street is good if he plays raise or fold poker which would explain his high aggression factor. If i c/r the flop or turn then i feel i'm missing bets when he folds, which given the high aggression factor and my read that he plays ok poker, will be often.

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting to showdown no matter what tho, so C/R turn might be a little scary if you dont wanna put in 3bets with a marginal holding like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a reason why i asked if a river c/r would be good here given i can safely fold to a 3 bet although i dont really understand the logic behind a river check/raise in general.

I'd just like to point out my blind play isnt that great and i because of this i may have no idea what i'm talking about.