PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the middle with AK

private joker
11-04-2005, 09:19 PM
SB is a whatever kinda player. The only time I've confronted him, just a few hands ago, I raised PF with AK, he called with AT, bet into me on a A77 flop, and I popped him on the turn and he called me down. He's probably upset with me.

CO is an aggressive/thinking player.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds...

Duffman
11-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I like it.

Nick C
11-04-2005, 09:33 PM
I might give up on the turn.

You're probably behind, and there's a good chance you're drawing to a chop with CO. If so, that's 4 outs to a chop, or effectively 2 outs.

If, instead, CO is waiting to pop the turn behind you, well, it's not going to be much fun to pay 2 BBs to get to the river when you might be drawing dead, and folding a potential 6 outs for one more bet (if it gets raised behind you) wouldn't be much fun either.

private joker
11-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Well, I'm folding to a turn raise -- but if I'm drawing, I think I have 6 clean outs because CO is either calling with some sort of PP. But you're right, if he has AK/AQ, I'm chopping a lot.

toss
11-04-2005, 09:42 PM
I also want to fold the turn because you and CO may be sharing outs. SB may also have you drawing slim or dead.

El Ishmael
11-04-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but if I'm drawing, I think I have 6 clean outs

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the times SB has AA/KK, which is probably a good ~30% of the time.

bobhalford
11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
I fold the turn here because of the possibility of it getting raised behind you and also because you may be beat or may have to chop if an A or K hits.

Borodog
11-05-2005, 02:07 PM
I don't like it at all. You have the best hand here never, don't know how many outs you have, if any at all, can get raised behind you, etc.

mowz
11-05-2005, 02:12 PM
You will be drawing to tainted outs enough to make this a turn fold IMO.

Fishlips_Jones
11-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Given your reads, CO could easily have a small pair when he reraises you preflop; and SB could have anything, but probably some suited broadways most likely.

Post flop, your AK is marginal. Fold or raise seems right to me. I would lean towards raising the flop bet by SB, and fold to aggression...but I would call if it was just one back to me. Maybe ( I would strongly suspect AA or KK to be out against me).

Maybe the pot's too big to fold?

Fishlips

11-05-2005, 03:17 PM
I think we need to raise the flop in order to 1) try to get rid of CO in case he is on AK which would buy us some cleaner outs probly and 2) see how SB reacts to aggression. If reraised on the flop, we only call if we close the action and then release UI on the turn.

In a perfect world, CO goes away and we get to the river free because SB plays it weak-tight due to our flop raise...

Given how you played the flop, I think we should consider releasing on the turn...