PDA

View Full Version : PSO Nevada Jacks bonus

tonypaladino
11-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Just got my chips today. Sewweeeeettt.

mpitts
11-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Congrats! What site did you sign up at? How long did it take for you to get the chips after satisfying the requirements through PSO?

benkath1
11-05-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats! What site did you sign up at? How long did it take for you to get the chips after satisfying the requirements through PSO?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played at Titan for mine. I think it took me like 3 days of 3 6 max tables to get the 3500 points or whatever. Took another week for PSO to do their thing and the chips are at my door.

They are sweet BTW.

Etaipo
11-05-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sewweeeeettt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't they?

After 2 years...TWO YEARS of playing my weekly home game with dice chips, we broke in the NJ's this past weekend, along with the Copag's my sister-in-law had gotten through PSO last week.

Everyone was extremely impressed with the cards, but of course more so with the chips.

They sound so much damn better when you throw them in. /sigh

Using PSO points to flesh out my set. Hoping to get it to 1000 chips total, suitable for both our tournaments and low stakes cash games. Just wish they made a 10c piece. Or that my friends would do a $50 max buy in instead of $20 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tonypaladino
11-05-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute. Less than 8 hours of 2-3 tabling, if I recall correctly, to get the 400 raked hands

tonypaladino
11-05-2005, 03:45 AM
Dude, they feel so great. I am practicing my shuffling right now.

I'm gonna be getting a weekly game going soon.

11-05-2005, 04:21 AM
Anyone have a recommendation on which site to choose for this promo seeing as how you sacrifice any possibility of furture rakeback?
I can't choose party or paradise so I was thinking absolute since 400 hands seems pretty easy and I don't think I'll ever want rakeback there.

11-05-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have a recommendation on which site to choose for this promo seeing as how you sacrifice any possibility of furture rakeback?
I can't choose party or paradise so I was thinking absolute since 400 hands seems pretty easy and I don't think I'll ever want rakeback there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm regretting not getting RB at Absolute, since it's very nice with their frequent deposit bonuses. I suggest taking RB, as far as Absolute goes.

SoCalRugger
11-05-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Trust me, you'll want rakeback at Absolute. Just do PokerRoom or Titan. The PokerRoom offer would be the quicker of the two.

DuggleBogey
11-05-2005, 02:12 PM
I did mine at PokerRoom, took a few short days of $100NL. Very easy to clear.

I had to wait an extra week because the chips were on backorder. I put the kit together and wrapped it up to give to my father-in-law as a christmas gift. He only has the old plastic chips (gasp!) and wanted something nicer.

I think these will fill the bill.

11-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Can you substitute the (NJ) Desert Sands instead of the skulls?

I think they are same chip.

Has anyone compared them side-by-side?

MarkSummers
11-05-2005, 05:34 PM
yeah they're the same physical chip (NJ and desert sands) but I dont think you can swap them. Ask PSO though. maybe they will do it.

skaughty
11-05-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah they're the same physical chip (NJ and desert sands) but I dont think you can swap them. Ask PSO though. maybe they will do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same question. The moderator of the PSO forum says 'NO", so now I'm working on the Nevada Jacks rep that posts there.

Scott

L0QTiS
11-05-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you substitute the (NJ) Desert Sands instead of the skulls?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I read a post on the PSO forum indicating that substitutions can NOT be made.

timprov
11-05-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking absolute since 400 hands seems pretty easy and I don't think I'll ever want rakeback there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible Absolute will get their act together and stop screwing people over on rakeback. Not likely, but possible. If they do, it will be a nice deal. I would do Titan or Poker Room instead, and save Absolute just in case.

TobDog
11-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Try Titan, I cleared my required hands in less than 3 days and I play less than 2 hours a day.

ewile
11-05-2005, 11:15 PM
These are some really nice chips. Got mine about 3 weeks ago. Very good deal.

Homer
11-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Bumping this to say I got my chips and they kick ass, but seem a little bit sticky. Has anyone who has played with these noticed them becoming better as they get worn in?

x2ski
11-10-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bumping this to say I got my chips and they kick ass, but seem a little bit sticky. Has anyone who has played with these noticed them becoming better as they get worn in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they kick ass and yes they are sticky... Check this stack-action out:

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/1271/nevadajacks2zj.jpg

I would imagine it would take a lot of play for the "stickiness" to wear off significantly (I assume you're talking about the sandpaper-like feel and not spilled soda-type stickiness).

It took a few minutes of practice, but they are still very shufflable (word?).

L0QTiS
11-10-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 1000 chip NJ DS cash/tournament set (now a combined 1300 thanks to this promo). The chips do start out somewhat tacky as the rough texture of the chip, but over time and play it will smooth out somewhat, but not entirely. Several weeks of constant wear from practicing chip tricks may produce a white wear-line around the outer edge of the chip, but I haven't seen this with "normal" use in my regular set.

b00gal00ga
11-16-2005, 04:16 PM
How do i tell how many raked hands i have played on absolute?

DuggleBogey
11-17-2005, 10:47 AM
You can tell based on how much of your bonus you have cleared. For each $10 you have received, you have played 100 hands. So if you have $20 cleared and 85 hands towards your next bonus, you have played 285 raked hands.