PDA

View Full Version : ($27) - L1 KK w/position

bluefeet
11-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Blah...just one of those hands I guess. Just wondering if anything jumps out at you here.

Villian had gotten on the board limping ATo in EP the hand prior, attempting to slowplay his flopped straight.

Seat 1: (1460 in chips)
Seat 2: (1490 in chips)
<font color="blue">bluefeet (1470 in chips)</font>
Seat 4: (1450 in chips)
Seat 5: (1430 in chips)
Seat 6: (1640 in chips)
Seat 7: (1780 in chips)
Seat 8: (1460 in chips)
Seat 9: (1320 in chips)
Seat 6: posts small blind 10
Seat 7: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bluefeet [K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif]
1 fold
Seat 9: calls 20
2 folds
<font color="blue">bluefeet: raises 80 to 100</font>
3 folds
Seat 7: calls 80
Seat 9: calls 80
*** FLOP *** [T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif] .............pot=t310
Seat 7: bets 60
1 fold
<font color="blue">bluefeet: raises 300 to 360</font>
Seat 7: calls 300
*** TURN *** [T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif] [A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Seat 7: bets 120
<font color="blue">bluefeet: ???</font>

11-04-2005, 08:32 PM
he bet a tenth of the pot? I call, or if I think he's being weak, I raise.

tigerite
11-04-2005, 08:34 PM
He seems to be betting in the hope you have the A and will raise. I don't think you'll see a hand you are ahead of here.. it sucks to fold though. Tough spot, probably I would call and see what he did on the river.

durron597
11-04-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tough spot, probably I would call and see what he did on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's such a small value bet, I think most of the time it's probably a blocking bet from a small pair. I'm calling this down to the river.

microbet
11-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Sorry, you can't quit for 120. Call and see.

valenzuela
11-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Its a clear call IMO, even if he has the ace u might spike a king.

pineapple888
11-04-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tough spot, probably I would call and see what he did on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's such a small value bet, I think most of the time it's probably a blocking bet from a small pair. I'm calling this down to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just try to call it down. It'd be nice to try to knock out the draws/smaller pairs, but I don't see how you can raise once the A falls.

bluefeet
11-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Folding didn't enter my mind (at least not on that lead), but exactly how to proceed left me a little perplexed.

If I just call, I set myself up to face a significant (if not AI) call on the river. The difficulty of such a call increasing of course if another spade falls.

If I raise...I could face a push from behind - perhaps making it a little more clear that I'm beat, folding with some life left. If he just calls the raise, I might face a lead on the river. Just as troubling is him checking on the river. Do you check it down? Move on the river despite/because of the turn Ace? Only absent the spade flush?

The other option is to push over on the turn. Should be enough to get the FD to bail, maybe even a weaker Ace.

Which one do you like? (and 'why' if it isn't too much trouble - thanks)

pineapple888
11-04-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Folding didn't enter my mind (at least not on that lead), but exactly how to proceed left me a little perplexed.

If I just call, I set myself up to face a significant (if not AI) call on the river. The difficulty of such a call increasing of course if another spade falls.

If I raise...I could face a push from behind - perhaps making it a little more clear that I'm beat, folding with some life left. If he just calls the raise, I might face a lead on the river. Just as troubling is him checking on the river. Do you check it down? Move on the river despite/because of the turn Ace? Only absent the spade flush?

The other option is to push over on the turn. Should be enough to get the FD to bail, maybe even a weaker Ace.

Which one do you like? (and 'why' if it isn't too much trouble - thanks)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I follow all of this, but the problem is that you've strongly represented an overpair so far, so I don't think you're folding villain's Ace.

Just call the turn, and then if he bets the river, you have a call/fold decision. I really can't see how you'd ever want to raise this, it just looks like too obvious a bluff.

bluefeet
11-04-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the problem is that you've strongly represented an overpair so far, so I don't think you're folding villain's Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point

bigt439
11-04-2005, 10:18 PM
I call, but that's likely the last time I put chips in the pot. If he bets really small again on the river yo ucould probably call it, but if he starts betting a little bigger there is so little that you beat that I'm fine with laying down the best hand occassionally. Raising the turn is a nightmare IMO. He's likely to be just as scared as you on the river. If he pulls the trigger on a significant bluff, he can have the pot, but I don't think he will.

11-05-2005, 07:33 AM
My hand range for villain would be mid PP or something like 9T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I can't see him with the A unless he's being extremely tricky (re previous hand) still don't buy it. He's drawing cheap and scared of the A.

valenzuela
11-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Ok I will analyze the hand.
You have 1010 left, he has 1200. Pot is like a thousand, I instist if ure ahead ure making a +ev call. If ure behind ure making a +ev because u have implied odds for a king.

pooh74
11-05-2005, 02:32 PM
he called my flop raise...A falls, if he is playing the nut flush draw like this more power to him...Ill call down but raising all-in to me is akin to giving up here...IOW, there arent ENOUGH hands that a villain will play like this where pushing the turn will be +EV for you in the long run...I mean, if in this case it turn out he had TJs, then yeah...but cmon.