PDA

View Full Version : Stars players: Does Dans Macabre ever sleep?

jj_frap
11-04-2005, 08:07 PM
I've never not seen him on before...lol

Though I suppose a bunch of caffeine and the auto-fold box can make the micro-limits playable with little sleep. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Acesover8s
11-04-2005, 09:56 PM
He used to multi-table stars/party and i believe paradise at the same time. He used to play slightly higher as well.

Tilt
11-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Well, i dont think hes a bot, hes chatted with me before. And Omaha is the last frontier for bots i suspect.

Acesover8s
11-04-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Well, i dont think hes a bot, hes chatted with me before. And Omaha is the last frontier for bots i suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Omaha is the last frontier for bots only because holdem is so much more popular. Creating a profitable nut-peddling PLO bot would be easy, much easier than creating a winniner limit holdem bot. So much about holdem is playing your opponents. I am aware of several players who do nothing other than wait until they have the nuts and then bet/raise the full pot. I am told that some of these players even manage to make money doing this.

jj_frap
11-04-2005, 11:11 PM
He's not a bot...I saw a donk hit the nuts and bet reasonably big on the river, and Dans called with a big hand thinking that he was being a Hold'Em fish...I guess the best way to play him is too ignore him unless he throws his money into the pot.

joewatch
11-05-2005, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 2+2er. Anybody want to fess up?

beset7
11-05-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 2+2er. Anybody want to fess up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard he is TheRempel's weak/tight red-headed step-child.

Case In Point (http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=160929)

...or not!?

dibbs
11-05-2005, 02:53 AM
He was really slowing up games tonight. He's been there everytime Ive played I think.

11-05-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What did you do/say to get this guy to chat? I've played over 3000 hands against him and never seen one little letter pop up from him.

Tilt
11-05-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What did you do/say to get this guy to chat? I've played over 3000 hands against him and never seen one little letter pop up from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stone cold bluffed him off a big pot with nothing and showed it. Apparently he laid down 3rd set (unlike in the link above).

jj_frap
11-05-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I stone cold bluffed him off a big pot with nothing and showed it. Apparently he laid down 3rd set (unlike in the link above).

[/ QUOTE ]

Third set? It takes an incredible read to NOT lay that down in most cases...lol

11-05-2005, 04:20 PM
with the way he plays i'm not sure how he could even end up with 3rd set.

Olof
11-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Probably the same guy as sangrefrio/gammmon at party. He is from the same area, seems to spend most of his days playing tight at multiple lowlimit tables, and never ever chats.

joewatch
11-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Although this discussion is a bit amusing, it seems silly to discuss specific players here.

beset7
11-05-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Although this discussion is a bit amusing, it seems silly to discuss specific players here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although its rare to discuss specific low-limit players in other poker forums, I think within the context of Omaha its actually kind of useful since the player pool is so small.

11-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Well I happened to be playing 2 tables with him today and asked him if he ever slept. He didn't type a letter. I was very disappointed. Then I mentioned 2+2 and still nothing, then his mom and nothing, oh well.

Unabridged
11-05-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably the same guy as sangrefrio/gammmon at party. He is from the same area, seems to spend most of his days playing tight at multiple lowlimit tables, and never ever chats.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just going to mention him. i've played a few hundred hands a day with him for the last few months and i try talking to him all the time, but no response /images/graemlins/frown.gif
if you are out their sangre, say hello

dibbs
11-06-2005, 03:44 AM
On the same note, does asdf_asdf post here? He's been on all the time as well and was trying to get Dan to talk.

11-06-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the same note, does asdf_asdf post here? He's been on all the time as well and was trying to get Dan to talk.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to wonder if asdf_asdf and dans are two not particularily good halves of what could be an awesome whole.

I have no fear playing against these two guys but I would be totally confused against anyone who flipped flopped between their playing styles.

TheRempel
11-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Dans Macabre plays so weak tight that over the 15K hands I have with him at various levels he is winnining or losing about 5BB/100. Asdf_asdf is so stupidly aggressive after the flop that he's losing more in the range of 10BB/100. If they are the same person it must be some sort of poker psychology experiment.

jhall23
11-06-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just going to mention him. i've played a few hundred hands a day with him for the last few months and i try talking to him all the time, but no response /images/graemlins/frown.gif
if you are out their sangre, say hello

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, that confirms a suspicion I had. Sangrefrio had disappeared and all of a sudden IanMBanks showed up with pretty much same stats and was always on. He has the same location as Dans_macabre on stars. I guess props to the guy for putting in so many hours on so many tables.

I actually have suspicions that he may be a certain infrequent poster (not in this thread) but I wouldn't want to start rumors and if it is true he can out himself if he wants.

niwotyalpi
11-07-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
with the way he plays i'm not sure how he could even end up with 3rd set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually cracked me up.

11-14-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to wonder if asdf_asdf and dans are two not particularily good halves of what could be an awesome whole.

I have no fear playing against these two guys but I would be totally confused against anyone who flipped flopped between their playing styles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mix it up to that extent on stars sometimes.

11-14-2005, 05:34 AM
What limit does he play? I used to play with sangrefrio but have yet to see Dans at the tables.

jj_frap
11-14-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What limit does he play? I used to play with sangrefrio but have yet to see Dans at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen him in a few days.

ClaytonN
11-15-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always see him when I play $50PL

jj_frap
11-26-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always see him when I play $50PL

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been gone lately....

Oh well, sure he was harmless because he played so tight, but that's one more space for some idiot to donk up my table. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TheRempel
12-04-2005, 04:14 AM
He's still playing on party on the gammmon account. I think it is possible that there are different people playing on these accounts at different times though.

Case in point:

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=182016

BluffTHIS!
12-04-2005, 04:18 AM
Let . . .This . . . Thread . . . DIE!

TheRempel
12-04-2005, 04:25 AM
NO!

I love stacking this guy.

Part Deux: http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=182031