PDA

View Full Version : i want to puke

vkotlyar
11-04-2005, 06:47 PM
hello. i play the 55s on party. My stats are from pokerprophecy
In 477 games, my ITM is 45.09%
I usually do pretty well. Over the past 2 weeks, i cant do anything right. In my last 30 tourneys, i cashed twice, both times 3rd place. Im constantly get knocked out on the bubble, constantly run into big hands and constantly get outdrawn in the middle rounds. I am beggining to seriously doubt my ability....maybe im just another donkey who was running good for a while....now i am just facing reality. This is not a strategy problem because i havent tilted or done anything that i oridinarily didnt do....i just cant win.
thanks
v

The Don
11-04-2005, 06:49 PM
whoops missed the prophecy part...

OrcaDK
[ QUOTE ]
hello. i play the 55s on party. My stats are from pokerprophecy ( which i know is both incorrect, and will get me banned )

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Freudian
It's a rite of passage. Beats cutting skin off your penis.

vkotlyar
11-04-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hello. i play the 55s on party. My stats are from pokerprophecy ( which i know is both incorrect, and will get me banned )

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]
sry, i had no idea....

vkotlyar
11-04-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a rite of passage. Beats cutting skin off your penis.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL how true

vkotlyar
11-04-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whoops missed the prophecy part...

[/ QUOTE ]
can u explain?

The Don
11-04-2005, 06:55 PM
It is by no means accurate. Prophecy said I was 45% ITM at the $33s when I was on a 30 buyin downswing! Your actual ROI stats are far more important. In general, you are probably just running bad... oh well.

microbet
11-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Sounds like you might think he's saying you will be banned from the forum. That's not it. He means from Party Poker. Not that that necessarily will happen, but Party doesn't seem to approve of Prophecy.

11-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Well I sure as [censored] hope this is NOT a rite of passage. I'm sure I've played over 5000 sng's by now and 2 third's out of 30 is a sng hell that I have not even come close to experiencing.

Worst 2 runs I can remember though I don't track stuff like this is one 2'nd place out of 17 and 13 consecutive OTM. Both times I shut it down for the day. The worst actually was a breakeven run that was longer than I care to remember, maybe even 1000 sng's which was pretty hard to take.

runner4life7
11-04-2005, 07:00 PM
my worst is a 35 buy in downswing at the 30s so it can happen just keep playing and never hurts to look over some hand histories to rebuild confidence.

axeshigh
11-05-2005, 04:00 AM
Wow my prophecy ITM is apparently 27% /images/graemlins/confused.gif I actually made money on the new PP account too.

Mr_J
11-05-2005, 04:17 AM
So you're whining about a rough patch after running very hot for 477 games?? You're happy to take the positive variance but bitch as soon as you run bad?? Why are you whining here anyway?? Your bad runs means nothing to anyone but you, so there's no reason to make a post about it.

"Im constantly get knocked out on the bubble, constantly run into big hands and constantly get outdrawn in the middle rounds."

So why would you doubt your abilty?

Finally, like other guys have said, poker prophecy doesn't give accurate results.

SonnyJay
11-05-2005, 11:57 AM
1. Keep stats on your own in SNG Tracker. There's a link to it in the FAQ. Much more reliable.

2. Rough streaks like this happen but are not all that common. You should be looking at situations that you thought were difficult (not even necessarily ones you lost, but just that were difficult), thinking about them, and posting them on the forum for advice. If it's a situation where you have 5xBB on the bubble and push AJ in the SB and get called by AA, forget it, you were destined to lose on that hand. Personally, I'd look for hands where you're pushing in early position on the bubble (ie. UTG when you're 5 handed), as I feel this is one of the things that costs people a lot of money. You also may not be pushing enough with position because you're scared to get called when you have a crappy hand. Since there wasn't much info contained in the post it's hard to say, but post hands or series of hands you aren't sure about.

3. If the money's getting to you, move down stakes. Regain your confidence at the $33s or wherever you won't be concerned about your bankroll. Nothing wrong with it, even the best players will usually have to at some point.

Good luck, hope you're able to work your way through it. Use this forum to help.

-SonnyJay

dogmeat
11-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Go ahead and puke /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Then, take a day off and enjoy a movie, a lunch somewhere nice (maybe outside), if possible - with your girlfriend.

Go back to playing the next day knowing that you are better than most of the other players online and eventually your results will show this to be true.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif