PDA

View Full Version : 55: Value Calling the Assumed Best Hand

downtown
11-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB (t1400)
BB (t805)
UTG (t1060)
UTG+1 (t1355)
MP1 (t820)
MP2 (t1940)
MP3 (t810)
Hero (t975)
Button (t835)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t15, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t55) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t55) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t35</font>, Hero calls t35, BB calls t35.

River: (t160) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero calls t125</font>, BB (acts next/last)...

adanthar
11-04-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're gonna feel really, really dumb when BB folds his missed flush draw and you beat the KJo that would've gladly given you half his stack.

downtown
11-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, I'm not going to say whether you're wrong or right, but that was defintiely a concern of mine.

I've been brushing up on my limit and the concept of going for overcalls was in my head recently, to my detriment or benefit in this case, I don't know.

pooh74
11-04-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're gonna feel really, really dumb when BB folds his missed flush draw and you beat the KJo that would've gladly given you half his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not equally assume its the other way around?...why not put BB on the weak K and UTG on the sooted connectors?

Where in the hand/betting does one of these guys lean more toward the weak K and the other to the FD etc...?

durron597
11-04-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why not equally assume its the other way around?...why not put BB on the weak K and UTG on the sooted connectors?

Where in the hand/betting does one of these guys lean more toward the weak K and the other to the FD etc...?

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG bet the K, BB was the one calling?

pooh74
11-04-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG bet the K, BB was the one calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it that much less likely that BB could call his weak K than raise it here? (you have Kx in BB, what would you do on this turn after it was checked on flop?)...Ill give you the bet by UTG being more likely of a KJ type hand, but maybe he is slow-semibluffing the turn?(I made that up)

My only point in asking those questions was to point out I could be "almost" equally convinced of the opposite scenario.

KingDan
11-04-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I know BB has a King I would rather raise. If he has two pair he probably raises turn as people play two pair very fast.
Am I crazy about thinking about pushing here?

11-04-2005, 05:59 PM
My thoughts are that I play almost every street differently.

I would have folded preflop myself but if you're a really good player and want to call, fine. It's only 15 chips, just try to not get into too much trouble.

Flop is fine, duh.

Turn I fold without a second thought. I would be interested to hear why you called.

River I raise, maybe 350 or so. If you hit your dream card and settle for just making 125 chips on the river then that just underscores how bad calling 35 on the turn was.

pooh74
11-04-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded preflop myself but if you're a really good player and want to call, fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think being a really good player entails playing hands like this in position when the blinds are so low and you have t975.

11-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Maybe it's a matter of style. Maybe you're just right, I dunno. Now that I think about it I don't always fold here either though it is my default play. I guess for me it depends on how busy I am at other tables and how much attention I have paid to the table where I have the KQ. I would also prefer to play here if there was say 3 limpers instead of 1 though I can't say for sure I'm right to feel that way.

tigerite
11-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Played fine til the river, where I would raise 100% of the time.

You can't fold this preflop at the $55s guys from the CO at level 1. You have to actually play poker. Sorry and all.