PDA

View Full Version : how should i play top set with 2 flush cards out?

11-04-2005, 05:22 PM
every time i bet the pot with my top set i get outdrawn, so it makes me wanna wait till the river to bet, and im sure that is absoulutely wrong...
i just hate loosing on hands like this....

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($16.70)
Button ($8.20)
SB ($15.05)
Hero ($12.05)
UTG ($26.65)
MP1 ($27.05)
MP2 ($17.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.95</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls $0.95, SB calls $0.95.

Turn: ($3.85) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.7</font>, Button folds, SB calls $3.70.

River: ($11.25) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $19.25

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">

Outcome: he said he had it ace hi, and i belive him </font>

Tilt
11-04-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't play Omaha.

TheRempel
11-04-2005, 05:42 PM
You gave him incorrect odds to call the whole way unless he had a straight + flush draw. You won, he lost, he just happened to make money while losing in this case.

11-04-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't play Omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i should restate that... im fine with loosing,, i just want to minimize my losses just like everybody else...

[ QUOTE ]
You gave him incorrect odds to call the whole way unless he had a straight + flush draw. You won, he lost, he just happened to make money while losing in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

kind of confusing, but i think you are saying i took the right line?? if so.. thanks, i need re assurance...

TheRempel
11-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Assuming he had a flush, he called the whole way getting the wrong price, and did not have implied odds. This is the kind of mistake that will lead to you making money in the long run.

wonderwes
11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Some people just cant walk away from flush draws. The problem is by the time you get to the river, there is usually any type of straight or flush out at least possible on the board.

So your opponent is likely to call you down with his draws, esp with less people in the pot. Sometimes, maybe even checking the turn is a good thing, if you know for a fact the opponent will call you down. Esp at a $25 PL table.

You have to bet out on the flop, because maybe you have two opponents, and lets say on the turn your 2 remaining opponents in the hand both are going for a nuth flush draw (of different suits). Well your original bet on the flop prob knocked out some players, now you are left down to 2 at the table. So hopefully on the turn you can make a bet to get one of the opponents out. So say a flush card hits on the river, but maybe it was for the person with the flush that folded.

You should always bet out, esp with the best position, but betting the max bet, doesn't mean you'll chase someone out of the pot. Its just more likely to get someone out but not guaranteed. I like to play omaha to the river. Maybe I have someone dominated till the river card, but that doesn't mean any bet I make will instantly make that person fold his hand.

No free cards, but like I always say, the hand isn't over till the last card is dealt.

11-04-2005, 07:48 PM
This makes absolutely no sense. Can you explain? Of course you want to make them pay to draw out. Do you expect to get called on the river by a busted draw? If you read his hand then you can correctly fold when the draw comes in.

wtf