PDA

View Full Version : Flopped straight

11-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Both opponents are very loose and agressive. I remember them doing all kind of betting / raising with irrelevant holdings.

Need you oppinion about it. I believe I missed a raise here on the flop or turn.

PreFlop: HERO is SB with Kh Td (10 Players)
3 folds, MP limps, MP2 limps, 2 folds, HERO limps, BB checks,

Flop: (2.00 SB) 9d Qd Jd (4 Players)
HERO checks, BB checks, MP bets, MP2 calls, HERO calls, BB folds,

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9d Qd Jd 9c (3 Players)
HERO checks, MP bets, MP2 calls, HERO calls,

River: (6.50 BB) 9d Qd Jd 9c 7d (3 Players)
HERO checks, MP bets, MP2 calls, HERO calls,

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

11-04-2005, 05:23 PM
You have to bet into every street and cap if necessary. You may not even be beat on the river.

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 05:24 PM
i don't understand this hand at all.

flop: bet raiseraiseraiseraiseraise
turn: bet raiseraiseraiseraise call
river: bet call

11-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Your hand is WAY too vulnerable to slowplay (you can still improve, but there's only one card in the deck that can do it). MAYBE check-raise the flop, but betting is safer. If raised, reraise. The way you played it, you gave anyone with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif EXCELLENT odds to keep chasing, without adding any value for yourself.

Bet the river and call if raised - pot is large and you'll beat anything but those two cards or a boat.

SoftcoreRevolt
11-04-2005, 05:37 PM
It looks more like he's playing scared than slowplaying. But that flop and turn must be bet.

Meech
11-04-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe I missed a raise here on the flop or turn.

HERO limps
HERO checks, HERO calls
HERO checks, HERO calls
HERO checks, HERO calls

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Flopped straight with a draw to the 3rd (or better) flush, along with a straight-flush draw.

Bet/Raise the flop. Lead the turn -- reevaluate from there I'd say.

W. Deranged
11-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Not betting this flop is bad.

11-04-2005, 06:10 PM
grunch...

you have great relative position for this, why arent you betting out?

gotta lead that flop, your very likely to be sucked out on here

bozlax
11-04-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(you can still improve, but there's only one card in the deck that can do it)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny...I see 12, two of which give Hero the absolute nuts, three the near-nuts. Which one are you talking about?

pokernicus
11-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Even though the flop isn't the most pleasant one to see, you shouldn't slow down with a flopped straight. Often times you'll just be up against people who have a single diamond and are on a draw -- you need to make these people pay to see every card.

On the river, you can check/call this. Your hand might still be good, but it's obviously more vulnerable, especially against two opponents.

11-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Grunch:

Wouldn't it suck if a K or T landed on the turn or river or a BDFD comes in? Get those bets in now while you got the nuts.

Edit: whoops, had trouble with reading the post. But don't play so scared. If 4 to the flush comes, then worry.

11-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Agree, too scared play here. I constantly see that somebody made a flush and bets or slowplays with it in these situations.

11-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Grunch:

Everyone limps pre-flop, you flop a straight but are afraid of the flush? Bet out and raise, and cap the flop. You've got the straight flush draw, flush draw with only 2 cards to beat you, and a straight. Man, I'd be pushing that edge the whole way.

I'd be raising and reraising the every street.