PDA

View Full Version : guys like it on top girls like it on bottom i like it both ...

yvesaint
11-04-2005, 04:47 PM
.... or do i?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($219)
UTG ($591.40)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($1401.30)</font>
<font color="#C00000">CO ($606)</font>
Button ($814.35)
SB ($918.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, CO calls $24, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($57) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $120</font>

villain in this hand is kind of donk-ish. we were playing heads up at this table for a while and he took 200 off me (because im an aggressive maniac) but as soon as we got 3-handed, he started losing. seriously overvalues hands, i stacked him previously with KK on a AKQ board (he had KQ, and called my 3-bet all-in)

what do you think he has? JJ, 66, AJ, A6 are all possibilities, but i dont see anything i outright beat. do you think he does this with TPTK? whats your plan for the rest of the hand? i'm OOP and it will be difficult to keep this pot small ......

Yeti
11-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Call. Check turn and see what happens.

IMO, if your first thought here is, 'jeez, i am obviously behind', then you are likely running bad.

mgsimpleton
11-04-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously overvalues hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
do you think he does this with TPTK?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[ QUOTE ]
whats your plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

get some money in the pot. be prepared to potentially lose that money.

JFB37
11-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Based on your description, it sounds like he might very well do this with a naked Ace if he thinks you have KK or QQ. Possible?

yvesaint
11-04-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Based on your description, it sounds like he might very well do this with a naked Ace if he thinks you have KK or QQ. Possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

my range is obviously a lot wider than that, as im probably something like 25/20 at this point

tdarko
11-04-2005, 05:29 PM
why can't he do this with TPTK? or even making a play with 99? why is his range only a set or two pair here?

yvesaint
11-04-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why can't he do this with TPTK? or even making a play with 99? why is his range only a set or two pair here?

[/ QUOTE ]

he can def make a play here, in that case, its sort of a WA/WB situation, right?

anyways, i guess this hand is not that interesting

i called, checked a spade turn, he checked, river was As, stacked his J7s

BobboFitos
11-04-2005, 06:35 PM
call

baronzeus
11-04-2005, 06:37 PM
my standard here is to call the flop and check call any turn bet. if he checks behidn on the turn i check to him on the river.

Big_Jim
11-04-2005, 06:42 PM
River? (assuming he bets turn)

Block?

BobboFitos
11-04-2005, 06:43 PM
if he bets you call then check river?

I dont like that plan.
I stick it in to a bet on the turn, and if he checks the turn, I bet the river, as he's likely to have a weak ace that I dont think will value bet, but will call. and I dont think he's going to straight bluff after his flop raise being called + he checked the turn (not believable)

Ideally you stick it in on the turn because a guy who overvalues his hand will be taken to the cleaners w/ a good ace, and also you dont want the board to pair above or hit his imaginary kicker. or if he's bluffing with a gutshot but wont fire river why give him a free 4 outdraw?

very standard check/push on turn imo...

baronzeus
11-04-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
very standard check/push on turn imo...

[/ QUOTE ]

you're probably right.

if he checks behind though, at best im making a weak bet at the pot hoping he makes a stupid bluff. or i make a crazy over bet. man i dont know anything about NL

BobboFitos
11-04-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

if he checks behind though, at best im making a weak bet at the pot hoping he makes a stupid bluff. or i make a crazy over bet. man i dont know anything about NL

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think I'd ever overbet in that spot, unless he's the type that thinks he induced a crazy bet and must snap me off, but those *types* are rare.

Really, it's hand reading 101... He called pf, he's pretty loose, ok, so he doesnt have trash. He raised an ace high board, no flush draw; at this point it could be a bluff (or something like KQ/etc for gutshot) one pair ace (3outs?) or 2pair/set (AJ/66).

Fine, we call, no need to blow out better hand, no need to just get called by better hands (or AK, ie)

Turn, we check, he checks, he's keeping pot small. A bluff at this point is firing another barrel or shutting down unless a scare card hits, no real scare cards to hit though. A big hand bets the turn to installment plan a one pair hand (or unlikely A6 we have) So at this point Im pretty sold he has a weak ace. Since I dont think he'll value bet it, unless his kiccker is AQ or so, I'd rather make a bet myself and set my own price.

How much you can get is player dependant.