PDA

View Full Version : QQ again

jakbse
11-04-2005, 04:04 PM
From yesterdays session. What do I do on the flop?
UTG is 17/7/1,5 over 90 hands
BB is 17/14/2 over 36 hands

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ?

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
another must fold.

LoaferGee12
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
another must fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Tough spot. You're probably behind here. What would BB call two cold w/ that you beat here? I suppose he could be tricky and bet out w/ JJ. More likely your opponents have something that hit the board such as AA-KK or AK, maybe even KQ. Your opponents may also be on a flush draw; you have a BDFD. In any case, I'd gracefully bow out of the hand.

11-04-2005, 04:14 PM
No this is not tough. Easy fold.

LoaferGee12
11-04-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tough spot. You're probably behind here. What would BB call two cold w/ that you beat here? I suppose he could be tricky and bet out w/ JJ. More likely your opponents have something that hit the board such as AA-KK or AK, maybe even KQ. Your opponents may also be on a flush draw; you have a BDFD. In any case, I'd gracefully bow out of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You saw that UTG raised too, righit?

TomBrooks
11-04-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
another must fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

McGahee
11-04-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
another must fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

11-04-2005, 04:40 PM
You're absolutely right. It's an easy fold. I meant that it sucks to fold QQ so quickly. I suppose it's tough for those players that love big pocket pairs. Maybe "tough luck spot" would be a better term. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gopnik
11-04-2005, 04:43 PM
I let it go.

jakbse
11-04-2005, 05:22 PM
That's the reason I posted this, I mean it feels really tough to fold, I did fold but didn't feel well about it since of course a Q fell on the turn. Wanted sort of a confirmation that I did the right thing.

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did fold but didn't feel well about it since of course a Q fell on the turn. Wanted sort of a confirmation that I did the right thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
what odds were you getting and were they enough to call for your 2-outer? that is your confirmation. if you made this flop call 1000 times over, you would lose money on it. don't let results own your head.

WordWhiz
11-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Grunching:

Easy one here. I'm just using this to show off my hipness by working in a Snoop Dogg refrain:

Drop it like it's hot,
Drop it like it's hot,
Drop it like it's hot...

You get the idea.

pokernicus
11-04-2005, 06:52 PM
I think this is an insta-fold -- especially facing a bet and raise, against an UTG who raised pre-flop and a BB who called two bets.

Overcards on the board are never a pleasant site when when you have a premium pocket pair (smaller than Aces, of course).

It's dismaying when the turn would have given you a set. But, you can feel confident that you made the right decision based on the information you had. Not knowing when to fold premium pairs is a costly mistake many people make because they get too attached to them.

I suppose that if UTG showed KK, you would have been even more glad you didn't stick around since that Q on the turn would have cost you even more.

I can't tell you how many times I've folded a hand on the flop, seen my miracle card come on the turn, only to have find out that I would have still been beat (only it would probably have cost me a lot more...)

11-04-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell you how many times I've folded a hand on the flop, seen my miracle card come on the turn, only to have find out that I would have still been beat (only it would probably have cost me a lot more...)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true.