PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Packets

El Ishmael
11-04-2005, 03:37 PM
I just picked up quite a bunch at a convenience store and now that I'm sitting here I realized I haven't sucked these down 5 at a time since I was fairly young. This is a very good snack, albeit diabetes-inducing. Do any of you agree?

Mars357
11-04-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just picked up quite a bunch at a convenience store and now that I'm sitting here I realized I haven't sucked these down 5 at a time since I was fairly young. This is a very good snack, albeit diabetes-inducing. Do any of you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Eating a lot of sugar will not induce diabetes.... don't feel bad, it's a common mis-conception.

El Ishmael
11-04-2005, 03:42 PM
But isn't it true that it can be one of many causes? Like if your mom had it. And then you ate like four million Sour Patch Kids everyday.

sfer
11-04-2005, 03:44 PM
They are very useful to stop hiccups.

astroglide
11-04-2005, 04:34 PM
i love the 'sugar in the raw' or whatever ones. they're brown packets and the sugar is in big chunks like pieces of rice.

asofel
11-04-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love the 'sugar in the raw' or whatever ones. they're brown packets and the sugar is in big chunks like pieces of rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...is it any more 'real' or unprocessed? seems it...either its a successful gimmick thats fooled me, or its better...either way, i agree, good stuff...

xadrez
11-04-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Eating a lot of sugar will not induce diabetes.... don't feel bad, it's a common mis-conception.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, while eating a lot of sugar will not and cannot induce Diabetes type I, which you are born with. It can however, lead to diabetes type II, which is slightly different and caused primarily by diet and sedentary lifestyles...

samjjones
11-04-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good call. Especially when added to iced tea. When you get to the bottom, it is like there is an extra-special "sugar surprise" waiting for you on the bottom of the glass.

tonypaladino
11-04-2005, 04:57 PM
The last time I ate sugar packets was in high school. I was blazed off my ass, and walking through Central park, and I had the driest mouth ever. I was like "I'm gonna die if I dont get some water or at least a piece of candy to suck on" So my friend is like, "look, there's some sugar packs on that bench" And so I ate sugar packets I found on a bench in Central Park. The end

El Ishmael
11-04-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And so I raped a jogger I found on a bench in Central Park. The end

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

tonypaladino
11-04-2005, 05:12 PM
The quality of FYPs has been going steadily downhill.

phixxx
11-04-2005, 05:37 PM
I do believe that brown sugar is less processed, and in turn, better for you. Similar to white and brown bread.

ChipWrecked
11-05-2005, 04:02 AM
Are you threatening me???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/db_beavis_cornholio1.gif