PDA

View Full Version : A different game of Hold'em/7 card stud

11-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Sometime ago I thought of a different variation of Hold'em/7 card stud since so many times a crap hand will win when the board gets a 4 card flush.

In this game you start like you would in 7 card stud. You can either do blinds or antes but the main thing is on the flop there are 2 cards instead of the 3. Then the turn or 1 card then the river for the last card. What do you guys think?

fnord_too
11-04-2005, 03:03 PM
I thought about a similar one, except you get two cards down and one flop card is up to start. Bet, two flop, bet, river, bet, one more hole card, bet.

Basically, its seven card stud with a comunal board, but 4th and 5th street dealt at the same time (as some people believe stud should be dealt). Doing the board one at a time is fine, too, but 5 betting rounds has a couple of drawbacks.

Your version sounds neat, too. The one up card that is not comunal is interesting.

WordWhiz
11-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Isn't this just Mississippi stud?
[ QUOTE ]

Mississippi stud

Mississippi stud was created to make seven-card stud play better at no limit and pot limit, and is slowly becoming popular for that reason. It is also often played with a betting structure more typical of Texas hold 'em: fixed limit with the last two rounds double the limit of the first two. The bring-in should be less than the first-round limit.

Initial deal as in standard seven-card stud. After the first betting round, two upcards are dealt to each player, so each now has two down and three up (so unlike standard stud there is no betting on "fourth street"). A second betting round is followed by one more upcard and a third betting round. Finally, the last card is dealt face up, so that each player ends with two downcards and five upcards. Because each player has five upcards on the last round, straights, flushes, and full houses count as "high hand exposed" for the purpose of determining who must bet first. After the seventh street bet there is a normal showdown.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stud_poker#Mississippi_stud

[/ QUOTE ]

timprov
11-05-2005, 08:00 PM
It's like MS Stud, but the final four upcards are communal.

Phat Mack
11-05-2005, 08:40 PM
The first hold 'em game I saw, maybe in the late 50's-early 60's, was played with antes. Everybody got 2 down and 1 up; action was on the high card; then a 3-card flop, 1-card turn & 1-card river. I occasionally come across an oldtimer who remembers playing this way.

blank frank
11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I've run across this before as Wild Mango.