PDA

View Full Version : Computer slows/freezes on Party.

11-04-2005, 02:22 PM
I run a Toshiba laptop with ME (gulp). New 20GB HD, 128 SDRAM, expandable to 384. After 20 minutes or so on Party, the system slows, I loose full cursor control and eventually it will freeze up. Works fine except when playing. Not enough memory? Any smart ideas out there?

11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
A friend of mine had one of those and it froze/locked up like crazy. (among other bizarre things that I couldn't fix)

Those come with a ton of spyware and unnecessary crap running in the background so I would run adaware and spybot and then get rid of some of that background stuff.

edit--virus scan, etc.

astroglide
11-04-2005, 05:01 PM
hit ctrl-shift-esc and look at the processes tab during stress. you can sort by cpu and memory usage to see what processes are going nuts.

wadea
11-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I'll bet you need more RAM. I had a similar problem playing on a desktop with only 128MB RAM. Of course, with a desktop this is easily fixed.

-w.a.

Spota
11-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Mine is slow (freezes) anytime I click the minimize or maximize buttons in the top right hand corner of any party window.

I can right click the title bar and select minimize or maximize with no problems. Its really strange but I have gotten used to it.