PDA

View Full Version : OT: Not a BadBeat Post; Just "WTF"

skipperbob
11-04-2005, 02:13 PM
My typical month is 20 - 22 winning days (all small) with 3 - 5 big losers to end up a loser for the month, or maybe a very small winner????...similarly, I'll have several 0 for 7 runs, but never a 7-in-a-row ITM streak /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any Comments?

se2schul
11-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Variance works both ways.
Congrats.

kyro
11-04-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you continue to be a favorite of people on this board is beyond me. That's my only comment.

pineapple888
11-04-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My typical month is 20 - 22 winning days (all small) with 3 - 5 big losers to end up a loser for the month, or maybe a very small winner????...similarly, I'll have several 0 for 7 runs, but never a 7-in-a-row ITM streak /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If your ITM is 40%, say, then your losing streaks will be longer and deeper than your winning streaks. At 50%, you would expect them to be equal.

You make money by grinding out enough relatively small winning days to offset the occasional big loser. Or don't make money, in your case /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jbrochu
11-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Since the average player has a 30% chance to finish ITM and a 70% to finish OTM, it's much more probable to finish 7 OTM in a row than 7 ITM in a row.

My best ITM streak is 5 and worst OTM is 8. (This is single-tabling and since I recently started multi-tabling I suspect my OTM record will be broken relatively soon.)

pokerdirty
11-04-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you continue to be a favorite of people on this board is beyond me. That's my only comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just can't stop looking at the gay winking sailor!

zambonidrivr
11-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Are you kidding me?
If anyone should have their name highlighted in color, it should be this dildo.

Jbrochu
11-04-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a Trout tournament, Skipper taught me that getting it folded around to you in the BB is not a "free pass," but a "walk." Since then I've been just about the coolest thing since sliced bread at my homes games... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

11-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Have you tried dropping down a level, or even 2 levels, for a while? I did that once and then, later, gradually returned to the higher level successfully...and continued advancing from there. Have a nice weekend! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skipperbob
11-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Thank You for the thoughtful reply...I may even try it.

skipperbob
11-04-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason, you scum-sucking moron, is that I enjoy the company of neat 2+2'er's, I do not intentionally harm anyone, I pickup my share of dinner/drink tabs, I have a good sense of humor, I put my $$$ up to back players from time-to-time, I wish most 2+2'er's the best of luck and I participate in non-forum events with other 2+2'er's... any other questions?

raptor517
11-04-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason, you scum-sucking moron, is that I enjoy the company of neat 2+2'er's, I do not intentionally harm anyone, I pickup my share of dinner/drink tabs, I have a good sense of humor, I put my $$$ up to back players from time-to-time, I wish most 2+2'er's the best of luck and I participate in non-forum events with other 2+2'er's... any other questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

will you back me in 50-100 NL? i dont wanna risk that much money. holla

skipperbob
11-04-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't back you in a $0.50 game of tiddlywinks against Beef;

raptor517
11-04-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is tiddlywinks? holla

kyro
11-04-2005, 03:44 PM
So you're a great guy who posts the most inane, forum-clogging material you can think of? Great.

USE AIM PLEASE.

skipperbob
11-04-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a game that people your age play using little plastic disks....Slightly less complicated & strategic than "Chutes & Ladders" /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

raptor517
11-04-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a game that people your age play using little plastic disks....Slightly less complicated & strategic than "Chutes & Ladders" /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

people my age play poker, madden, and halo. holla

bennies
11-04-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes. If your ITM is 40%, say, then your losing streaks will be longer and deeper than your winning streaks. At 50%, you would expect them to be equal.

You make money by grinding out enough relatively small winning days to offset the occasional big loser. Or don't make money, in your case /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I get itm 40% of the time and it's not like that for me. On my best days I win the same amount or maybe even a bit more than what I loose on my worst days.

If for instance I play 20 tourneys, I can be down or up as much as 12 buyins and both scenarios happen frequently.

bearly
11-04-2005, 05:26 PM
i think you will find most folks who are respected have earned it. ask around, you will find a good number of people who have found the skipper worthy of their respect. i'm one......................b

bones
11-04-2005, 05:46 PM
I'd much rather read one of SFB's posts than "How bad are downswings" or "Should I quit school" posts.

Aside from being old and funny, he's fathered two of the better contributors to this forum.

He gets a walk from me.

GtrHtr
11-04-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd much rather read one of SFB's posts than "How bad are downswings" or "Should I quit school" posts.

Aside from being old and funny, he's fathered two of the better contributors to this forum.

He gets a walk from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irieguy
11-04-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you're a great guy who posts the most inane, forum-clogging material you can think of? Great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, Kyro. Because if you click on your name, and then select "show all user's posts" and skim through your thousands of threads, you are likely to be dazzled by wit and see immediate improvement in your poker game... ummmm

Unless you are a gifted writer, skilled poker player, or astute game-theory student (which you are not), why on earth would you criticize somebody in a mean-spirited manner when you yourself aren't adding anything of value to the body of poker or SNG theory?

You have over 4,000 posts, yet nobody on this forum would list you in their top ten nor would anybody search the archives for pearls from Kyro. You should think about why that is before you start rudely accusing others of "clogging" the forum.

Irieguy

skipperbob
11-04-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He gets a walk from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHO'S THE OTHER ONE ????? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

microbet
11-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Bones, you SOB, I was going to tell him next weekend!

pooh74
11-04-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He gets a walk from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...you DO get around, don't ya? The sailor pic is very apros pos!

bones
11-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I was just thinking of Irie and Forumbot, but I guess I underestimated Skip.

johnnybeef
11-04-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Skipper, I wish I would have seen Kyro's post before you as I would have said all of the things that you have said above. Kyro, I have met a ton of people and made a lot of great lifelong friends in my 25 years on this planet. Skipper is the creme of the crop of these people. He is an absolute blast to be around. Good luck with your life Kyro, if you don't change your outlook, it is going to be a lonely one.

1C5
11-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Skipper is awesome, I and have never even met him. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

kyro
11-04-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, Kyro. Because if you click on your name, and then select "show all user's posts" and skim through your thousands of threads, you are likely to be dazzled by wit and see immediate improvement in your poker game... ummmm

Unless you are a gifted writer, skilled poker player, or astute game-theory student (which you are not), why on earth would you criticize somebody in a mean-spirited manner when you yourself aren't adding anything of value to the body of poker or SNG theory?

You have over 4,000 posts, yet nobody on this forum would list you in their top ten nor would anybody search the archives for pearls from Kyro. You should think about why that is before you start rudely accusing others of "clogging" the forum.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

So I need to be a poker God to make a point that a poster is clogging this forum with crap? Well excuse me, I'll get right on writing a 5000 word essay on why 500 SNG posts suck or that a 18% ROI is the maximum achievable for the $55s. I'm not sure whose posts I prefer, SkipperBob's random crap that only a few privileged people understand, or your pagelong diatribes that usually consist of untrue information.

Oh and by the way. You took a shot at my post count??? All of my pointless crap posts are contained in OOT where they belong. The majority of my posts in this forum...that's right, a STRATEGY forum, are either threads started by me regarding a hand I was unsure about, or a reply to a thread in which I offered advice on how I would play a hand. I offer no apologies for any of that, so you really can go [censored] yourself if you think I'm a useless poster.

The Yugoslavian
11-04-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So I need to be a poker God to make a point that a poster is clogging this forum with crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need to be any sort of God or Demi-God.....however, it helps if you don't suck at life.

"PinkoCommmieBirdBrainFag"
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hendricks433
11-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Isnt this post labeled OT? Then why is Kyro being a douche? Dont read his posts if you dont like what he has to say. Some of us others do like his posts so quit your whining.

kyro
11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Skipper, I wish I would have seen Kyro's post before you as I would have said all of the things that you have said above. Kyro, I have met a ton of people and made a lot of great lifelong friends in my 25 years on this planet. Skipper is the creme of the crop of these people. He is an absolute blast to be around. Good luck with your life Kyro, if you don't change your outlook, it is going to be a lonely one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, I am not commenting on his character. I am sure he is a great guy, an absolute blast to have around. But on that note, if my best friend got an account here, and posted the same stuff that SB posts, I would be pissed at him too.

But whatever, I'm tired of arguing. He's obviously an important person to many of the posters on here, regardless of the fact that in my opinion he posts nothing meaningful. I wish we could keep this forum a strategy forum, but hey, what the hell, [censored] that idea and let's talk about our recent trip to vegas!

One more thing, if you think my disgust for non-strategy posts by people I'll never meet/know makes me a sad and lonely person...wow. I love poker and post on here a lot, but it is so far removed from my actual personal life. I've got problems, but being sad and lonely isn't one of them. Good luck with this forum, I fear the worst.

Melchiades
11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Kyro has used his last couple of hundred posts to complain about MegaBet, I guess he got too much sparetime when Mega was banned. Or he is just a sad [censored]. One of the two.

11-04-2005, 07:23 PM
People already explained why you have longer OOTM streaks mathematically. However, I think the more significant fact is that you might be steaming. You should check if your ROI is lower after a loss. If this is the case, try dropping a level for a bit or take breaks after losing a certain amount of buy-ins.

microbet
11-04-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aside from being old and funny

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny that he's such a novelty around here. SFB is like Peter Ustinov in Logan's Run.

skipperbob
11-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Dear Mr. Kyro: When you complain about my off-topic nonsense posts, you stand on solid ground...Actually, many people (including #1 son) have criticized my unwillingness to devote meaningful comment to poker discussions here on 2+2 Sttf.....Having said that, your reply was critical of my position of sinecure which I have earned and for which I am grateful to my supporters; it is that criticism (and the fact that it also maligns my friends) which has antagonized the respondents....."DON'T TAP ON THE GLASS"

valenzuela
11-04-2005, 07:46 PM
this thread sucks overall. Every single posts is ridicoulous. Im including SB OP, Kyro agressive responses, the agressive responses suggesting Kyro didnt have a soul, and this post analyzing the situation.
This are my $0,02.

PS to Kyro:
While I do agree with youre point Kyro, and just like you know that we cant get away with this crap you are forgetting this is a free forum. Also SB posts might be more useful than u think.
1)SB posts seem to be funny to good posters.
2)Thereby good posters come to the STTF.
3) Thereby good posters see other threads.
4)Thereby good posters ocasionally reply other threads.

However I totally agree that those replies suggesting u were a lonely person were a bit out of place

microbet
11-04-2005, 07:49 PM
C'mon Val, my post comparing SFB to Peter Ustinov was damn good.

johnnybeef
11-04-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I need to be a poker God to make a point that a poster is clogging this forum with crap? Well excuse me, I'll get right on writing a 5000 word essay on why 500 SNG posts suck or that a 18% ROI is the maximum achievable for the $55s. I'm not sure whose posts I prefer, SkipperBob's random crap that only a few privileged people understand, or your pagelong diatribes that usually consist of untrue information.

Oh and by the way. You took a shot at my post count??? All of my pointless crap posts are contained in OOT where they belong. The majority of my posts in this forum...that's right, a STRATEGY forum, are either threads started by me regarding a hand I was unsure about, or a reply to a thread in which I offered advice on how I would play a hand. I offer no apologies for any of that, so you really can go [censored] yourself if you think I'm a useless poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to take any personal shots at you because frankly it isn't my style, but you have earned it. There really is only so much you can learn about STT play as for the most part it is all preflop play. Many of us here have formed friendships and even though this is a strategy forum as you put it, it is also a place that many of us have adopted as a home as it is really the only place that we post. In the future I recommend that you just avoid any posts by Irie, Skipper, Lacky, Usher, Raptor, Myself, Yugo, Suitedsixes, Daliman, Slacker, etc. etc. etc. And while you're at it why dont you try sticking your head up your ass to see if it fits.

Jbrochu
11-04-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's obviously an important person to many of the posters on here, regardless of the fact that in my opinion he posts nothing meaningful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was Led Zep that wrote the line "does anybody remember laughter."

I don't know Skipper, but he's certainly written some funny stuff that I somehow "got" without being privy to the insiders club. And as others pointed out, this thread is prefaced as OT.

Regarding Irie, he's authored or contributed meaningfully to some of the best threads I've come across on this forum.

skipperbob
11-04-2005, 08:08 PM
AHH BEEFY: You have a certain "Je ne sais quoi" in your writing style that I find endearing /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daliman
11-04-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He gets a walk from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Say it isn't so!

Daliman
11-04-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SNG forum has its own rules. Should you not care to partake in social posting, pay close attention to the "OT" SFB puts at the beginning of his posts.

Consider lightening up. Since I imagine you don't run 3 miles a day anymore, it'll help you live longer/happier.

Should you ever care for strategy advice from Skip, consider the fact that he is old, fat, pasty, gray, funny-looking, dumb, goofy, a drunk, a degenerate gambler, and he even has a few BAD qualities, yet still can get more ass than a toilet seat.

Irieguy
11-04-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Should you ever care for strategy advice from Skip, consider the fact that he is old, fat, pasty, gray, funny-looking, dumb, goofy, a drunk, a degenerate gambler, and he even has a few BAD qualities, yet still can get more ass than a toilet seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding examle of how to properly berate a fellow 2+2er.

Irieguy

11-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Post deleted by durron597

Daliman
11-04-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AHH BEEFY: You have a certain "Je ne sais quoi" in your writing style that I find endearing /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

je ne sais quoi-(zhe-ne-say-kwa): Origin; French. Meaning: Well-intentioned but obviously of a lower class education.

eagle
11-04-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Skip is one of the few people who have figured out how to beat the real Game while you don't even know it's being played. You need to read his posts more than anyone.

GtrHtr
11-04-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU, SIR, ARE AN ENORMOUS TOOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

And its not even close!

durron597
11-04-2005, 10:05 PM
This thread has become too flame-war-y to be left unlocked. Sorry skip.