PDA

View Full Version : my laptop eyboard s screwed up

mostsmooth
11-04-2005, 02:08 PM
couple eys arent worng
abcdefgh j mnopqrstuvwxyz 1234657 90
these eys are n a row f you notce
prevously they would be sometmes worng and sometmes you would have to press them very hard to mae them wor
any deas?

astroglide
11-04-2005, 05:02 PM
laptop keyboards are generally easy to replace. you can order one from someplace like compusa's service department or by contacting your manufacturer. they pull out and attach with a ribbon cable.

NorthernGuy
11-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Spill anything on it lately? Most notebook keyboards aren't easy to clean, so it's easiest to order a replacement keyboard for it. Order based on the make/model. They're easy to change.

11-05-2005, 08:36 PM
i had a laptop that did this once, and you can temporarily fix it, although you need to ultimately replace it.

Pick your laptop up while the screen is in its upright position. put your right hand on the bottom right part of the laptop. put your left hand on the upper left part where the monitor section meets the keyboard section. now try to "bend" the keyboard in an outward motion towards the ceiling.

the reason this happens is the contacts underneath the keyboard are getting loose and are too far underneath the actual keys themselves. this happens from banging the keyboard after taking a bad beat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

anyway, i hope this helps

mostsmooth
11-05-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i had a laptop that did this once, and you can temporarily fix it, although you need to ultimately replace it.

Pick your laptop up while the screen is in its upright position. put your right hand on the bottom right part of the laptop. put your left hand on the upper left part where the monitor section meets the keyboard section. now try to "bend" the keyboard in an outward motion towards the ceiling.

the reason this happens is the contacts underneath the keyboard are getting loose and are too far underneath the actual keys themselves. this happens from banging the keyboard after taking a bad beat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

anyway, i hope this helps

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, you rock!! and "I" mean roc"K". how the hell did you figure it out? i never thought to bend my laptop!?
also, im guessing theres nothing i can tighten up inside to make it stop haappening as you said it would have to be replaced eventually, right?

11-06-2005, 12:11 PM
I am glad it worked for you. I dont know how I figured it out, i just did, lol. you might be able to take it apart and look to see what your problem is, but in my case i had to replace the keyboard because i couldnt tell exactly what it was that was causing the problem. i used the bending method for like six months before i replaced the keyboard too.