PDA

View Full Version : I'm not very proud of this one, but there's something to learn.

11-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I was playing the 180 people $20 on PS. Close to the end of first hour, I have 3200 chips, BB (vilain 3700).

UTG+1, AKo, Blinds 50-100.

UTG goes all-in for a big 95!, so I raise to 400 (3xBB + limp). All fold, BB calls.

Flop : A-9-8 (8-9 of heart)

BB, Check,I check.

1-First question is here.... I think it's ok to check my Ace when the flop is not scary but here there's 2 connectors and 2 heart (flush and str8 possibility and I don't make them pay...). I checked to induce a bluff on the turn and I raise his bet... with an ace, he would call my raise and without an ace hge will fold, but he would have fold to my bet on the flop, so I get more value. However, I loose value against Str8 and Flush...

My question here is, Would you only check your ace behind when the flop is A-8-2 r???

Should I price the flush when it is Heads-up? Or the odds he has 2 of the same suit is so low that I should only think about how to get the most out of it?

Turn : 7 (not heart)

He bets 400, I raise to 1000 (as I planned even if the 7 was a real bad card for me(10-j gets the srt8)... he raises all-in and I called (3rd bad move!!!) He showed A7 of heart...

I think that if I would have played it better (bet 1000 on the flop, I would have been all-in anyway but playing it the right way...at least.

What do you think?

Sam T.
11-04-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm betting this flop each and every time, and yeah, you're toast either way.

11-04-2005, 03:07 PM
I would like to know what are you doing when you are Heads-up after the flop and 2 of the same suit comes, do you play it as rainbow? I always bet a lot to scare any flush, but I am not called by weak-ace... A smaller bet would have been called...

How do you play that?

People_Mover
11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
bet the flop. if he doesn't have an ace, you're not getting much more money anyway.

woodguy
11-04-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would like to know what are you doing when you are Heads-up after the flop and 2 of the same suit comes, do you play it as rainbow? I always bet a lot to scare any flush, but I am not called by weak-ace... A smaller bet would have been called...

How do you play that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't fear 2 suited cards on the flop too often when HU.

Sometimes it bites you in the ass, but I think I make more chips from 2nd best hands when I don't try to blow them out of the pot fearing the flush draw.

If a 3rd flush card hits and I don't have one of that suit, I want to take the pot down on that street.

That being saide, 2 suited and 2 semi-high straightening cards calls for a bet on this flop, there's just too many cards that come on the turn that either kill your action (if he fears the straight or flush) or beat your hand if he is the one drawing .

You want his dominated A to call, and he will (or even raise). If he's calling raises with little A's he's not going away when he hits, and that's a good thing.

Sucks that he hit his 3 outer.

Regards,
Woodguy

11-04-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How do you play that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet everytime when checked to after raising pf with very rare exceptions, esp HU. I would bet this flop with a set as well (99/88) because if he doesn't have an Ace he's not giving you more action unless he has a flush draw and even then you have got to charge him for it.

Also how do u know he doesn't call with any ace w/o a flush draw? You don't. He might fold the turn but he likely calls the flop even to a PSB. Gotta be aggressive to get chips and win, you don't make chips going check/check.

11-04-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That being saide, 2 suited and 2 semi-high straightening cards calls for a bet on this flop, there's just too many cards that come on the turn that either kill your action (if he fears the straight or flush) or beat your hand if he is the one drawing .

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! Sometimes I forget this, even if he doesn't have a drawing hand, he may be the one who will slow down when it hits so I better bet before any scary card hit so he will call now but wouldn't later...

I'll try to get more money from 2nd best hand HU...

Thx.

P.S. He had 11 outs, 8 hears + 3 Sevens... he was close to 50-50 with me, with the 1000 in before the flop, he would have called any bet, maybe an all-in...

woodguy
11-04-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. He had 11 outs, 8 hears + 3 Sevens... he was close to 50-50 with me, with the 1000 in before the flop, he would have called any bet, maybe an all-in...

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I missed that is was A7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, I just saw him hit his two pair and started to respond. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yeah, he's not going anywhere, in fact he should have re-raised your flop bet. IMHO.

Regards,
Woodguy

11-04-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he's not going anywhere, in fact he should have re-raised your flop bet. IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean if OP actually bet the flop? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

woodguy
11-04-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You mean if OP actually bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you tell I'm busy at work today?

I suck.

Regards,
Woodguy

adanthar
11-04-2005, 04:11 PM
You should have been all in on the flop, but against a decent player (not this guy who probably sucks, just in general), feel free to fold the turn. AQ does not bet/3 bet a raise on an A987 board and there is nothing else you beat except maaaaybe a dumb AT.