PDA

View Full Version : KQ on the button, PP tourney

11-04-2005, 01:59 PM
I've been playing some small cash games on PartyPoker and working my bankroll up there after having a lot of success on PokerStars. I decided to enter a $10+1 on party last night. 700 people left, started with 2039. I have been card dead in the last 20-30 minutes and am down to 1639 chips. Average is 2700.

I pick up KQ offsuit on the button. Blinds are 75/150 and moving up in 4 minutes. 3 limpers to me. (Note: the table has been limping with some marginal hands and then folding to a raise).

What is a good decision here? Is an all in too aggressive? The SB seems to be weak/tight (currently has 2100 chips) and the BB has 375 chips.

The 3 limpers chip stacks are 3700,2300,1300.

illegit
11-04-2005, 02:04 PM
I push here pretty often, minus some read like a rock limping in EP. 675 is a huge increase to your stack and you have significant FE it seems.

11-04-2005, 02:16 PM
This is an push for me unless you have a read that some off the limpers love to limp with premium hands. If you get called by one player I would say you have atleast 2 live cards or if you have 1 live card, I think you're kicker is better. Hard to see anyone just limping with AK and AQ here. If you take it down without action, its still a nice increase, and if you do get called, it's all good since you have a nice chance of doubling up.

Push

Sam T.
11-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I'd push most of the time here. No, every time. Expect to get called by A7.

11-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I guess I'll say the results now since it seems to be pretty much a consensus. Real quickly I will say that I have NOT seen any early position limpers just casually limp in with big hands. I've seen a whole lot of raises from the one and two hole. That being said I pushed and the guy with 3700 called with pocket threes.

Now the flop was J 9 5. Am I being results oriented or is a raise preflop good here? I could raise to 400-450 and have around 1100-1200 chips left. And then stick it all in on the flop. The pocket threes can then not call me.

The turn card ended up being a three and the river a 2, ending my run.

illegit
11-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Results oriented. You can't make a standard raise with that much money in the pot for a few reasons. 1) Someone plays back at you PF and now what? 2) You might build a big multi-way pot without much of a hand. if someone pushes postflop you're not going to be able to call off your remaining chips with just K-high if you whiff. A push maximizes your FE here and that's what you want with your hand. This is DEFINITELY a push or fold.

Sam T.
11-04-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'll say the results now since it seems to be pretty much a consensus. Real quickly I will say that I have NOT seen any early position limpers just casually limp in with big hands. I've seen a whole lot of raises from the one and two hole. That being said I pushed and the guy with 3700 called with pocket threes.

Now the flop was J 9 5. Am I being results oriented or is a raise preflop good here? I could raise to 400-450 and have around 1100-1200 chips left. And then stick it all in on the flop. The pocket threes can then not call me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definiately results-oriented. I think than any time you call an all-in and are smoked if the original raiser has pocket fours, you have made a mistake.

11-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Good push.

You got a great result. Coinflip with a very substantial overlay. You just lost the coinflip. Flip it again next time.

dmk
11-04-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, but now hands like JT and A9 will. pushing is correct, don't overthink yourself.

ansky451
11-04-2005, 05:27 PM
If the flop was 334, would you say you should have waited to the flop to push? You are still being results oriented.

Easy easy push preflop.