PDA

View Full Version : AK stats

11-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Can any winning player over a long range of hands (20k+) hands post their PT stats with AK (both suited and offsuit) please?

I'm curious what a decent statistic looks like, my stats aren't good at all but I have too few hands to say anything about it yet.

hobbsmann
11-04-2005, 01:54 PM
they are both in green.

MrWookie47
11-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Any statistically significant win rate with these hands needs to come from a sample of about 5k instances of that hand. Few players have that much, and the stat should be pretty meaningless to you. If your AK is underperforming, you're almost certainly running bad. I believe NPA once said that AK is too strong to play it as a long term loser without doing some fantastically stupid things. If you're really worried, post some hands here, and reply to hands were people played AK and say how you'd play it. Don't worry about being wrong. Just say it, and we'll correct you if necessary.

Redd
11-04-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't have PT in front of me, but I'd guess I can say with 95% confidence that my EV/hand of AK is somewhere between -.15 and +.18 BB/hand. I can get you some more precise numbers, but they'll be equally unhelpful as these.

11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
I ran very bad with them in the beginning of my poker career. This was mainly due to mindless continuation bets and never hitting. Now I do mindless continuation bets but hit.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif No but seriously playing overcards is HARD.

TomBrooks
11-04-2005, 04:14 PM
AKs -- 145x -- 1.62 BB/hand
AKo -- 449x -- 0.75 BB/hand