PDA

View Full Version : $11 - push call w/AQo

kevkev60614
11-04-2005, 01:00 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button (t1120)
SB (t1720)
Hero (t915)
UTG (t1510)
UTG+1 (t1155)
MP1 (t3080)
MP2 (t1415)
CO (t2585)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1120</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t865 (All-In

Villain has done nothing noteworthy and bad thus far.

Askilus
11-04-2005, 01:05 PM
I would fold this and wait for a better spot to get my money in the pot (and to be the aggressor).

wuwei
11-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Looks like a fold to me.

bluefeet
11-04-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain has done nothing noteworthy and bad thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, he's not a LAG donk. He still holds 20+BB's.

What kinds of hands would he be open-pushing for t75? [edit: didn't catch the CO limp, leads a little more credit toward the PP IMO]

~ a hand he feels compelled to raise with, but is afraid to see a flop, and/or afraid of a "resteal" from the blinds
~ a monster, hoping that it might appear he doesn't want a call

The latter? Meh, not quite as likely. I would be thinking he has the former.

Given that "range" of hands, this becomes somewhere between a moderately +EV, to quite an easy call. Where this range would include the likes of a weaker Ace, and high Kings, etc. -- along with...

...the low-mid PP's.

With the lack of any info that could discredit some the PP holdings, I'd just assume not race at this point. If this were a turbo, where the blinds would certainly be rising before it got back to me, it makes it a little tougher decision.

Don't hate a call here, but I think folding, using your adequate FE for your own open-aggression would be better.

tigerite
11-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Ugh, bad spot. I think it's a fold, simply because you have so many BB left at this point, but meh, his push is ridiculous

2Fast2Furious
11-04-2005, 01:25 PM
this happens early-on all the time on the 5s and 11s on Party to me - its early so I fold here with AQo since you limped and have little invested in the hand. Am interested in what others do but it's a 22x big blind raise so maybe some donk hit a middle pocket pair or something like KJo and is excited about it in which case its a crapshoot. Maybe you're ahead if he's got something like AJ or QJ but to me his range is probably so broad who the hell knows. I would guess that you're better than most of the field here so why not live to fight another day or get in when you really know you're a clear favorite in this situation early on (AA-QQ type of hands). Am interested in what other posters would say here.

SonnyJay
11-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Since this is such a weird push I'm probably just waiting for a better spot. I'd rather have my chips at this stage than go for a double up against a raise where I have no idea what's going on. I think you're ahead here sometimes but you'll be flipping more often.

FWIW, when I played 11s and 22s the most frequent hand I saw against these raises was AK. I figure it was because many people aren't comfortable playing it postflop when it misses. I know his range is bigger than this, but it's a situation I observed many times.

-SonnyJay

kyro
11-04-2005, 02:23 PM
I see AK so often in this spot. No reason to call here.