PDA

View Full Version : PLO in Vegas or Atlantic City

11-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi folks! Is there anyone who knows where I can find some good PLO action in LV or AC? I'm looking for 2/4 to 10/20 games, loose or semi-loose. It seems PLO isn't much spread in those areas. Am I right about this? And if it's true, can anyone explain the reason for this?

Spellmen
11-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I have never seen or heard of it in AC, but keep checking here, as every once and awhile VegasKyle posts about getting a game going at the Wynn in Vegas, I believe Sundays. Check back a few pages and I'm sure you'll find it.

11-04-2005, 02:43 PM
We had a game run for about 2 hours last night at Wynn. It was $2-5 blind and a $10 stradle most of the time, it was a fast action packed game. It was 5 or 6 handed most of the time. The game broke quick because a lot of the players didn't know what they were getting into and lost their buy-in quick. Two guys played 1 hand, got broke and left.

I wish I knew why it isn't a common game here. Too much hold'em if you ask me. One of the guys in the game last night is from Houston and says he plays it all the time. It's funny when tourneys are in town there are tons of PLO games (most play too big for me), at the WSOP this year the Rio had 10+ games going at one point from $5-10 to $100-200.

I do my best to get this game going whenever I can. I have faith the poker world is going to shift back into a better mix of games. I think alot of the players that started with the NLH craze are starting to branch out. If the $10/20 mix game at Wynn is any indication (it started out here and there, last Wed night we had 2 full games and a list) I think there is hope for PLO.

LA_Price
11-04-2005, 03:03 PM
The reason it's rarely spread is people play it like hold'em and they tend to go bust quickly playing this way. If you wan't to play this game go to any of the big tournaments in Europe or american tourney's where they'll be a lot of europeans as this is their main choice for cash games. Actually thinking about it the europeans play this game badly as well just not as badly as americans.