PDA

View Full Version : Setting up 2001fp on older computer

the42
11-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm setting this up and getting no screen. few questions.
-Do I need to set up the USB cable to get a picture? I do not have a USB port on my computer. (Is that it, end of ballgame, buy a friggin laptop you cheap fcuk)
-The dell power cord, when I plug it in should the light on the battery pack light up (it doesn't)
-How do I test to see if the monitor works. I bought it used.

Thanks for you help.

CORed
11-04-2005, 05:00 PM
The USB connection is not necessary. It's purpose is to alow you to connect USB devices to the monitor. The light on the power supply should come on. If it doesn't, make sure you are plugging it into a live outlet (plug a lamp or something into the outlet to make sure it works) If it is a live outlet, I would suspect the power supply might be bad. If you know somebody with a working 2001 FP, try swapping power supplies. You should be able to get a replacement from Dell if it's bad.

astroglide
11-04-2005, 05:06 PM
there is a button on the front that you push to select inputs - it has a digital input, an analog input, a television-style input, etc. just press on that and it will probably light up. you don't need to connect the usb, and i don't think the dc brick has an led.

CORed
11-06-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there is a button on the front that you push to select inputs - it has a digital input, an analog input, a television-style input, etc. just press on that and it will probably light up. you don't need to connect the usb, and i don't think the dc brick has an led.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 2001FP on my work computer, ant the power supply does have an LED. This may not be the case for all 2001 FP's. Also, it is certainly possible that the LED (if any) is dead but not the power supply.