PDA

View Full Version : I Tried Mushrooms...

DoomSlice
11-04-2005, 11:26 AM
The psychadellic kind. It was a very interesting experience. I first started off being extremely happy, I'd be laughing at everything and just having a great time. Then at some point during the night I had a flash of mental clarity where it seemed like the world made sense to me. I was amazed at the "flow" of everything around me and how it all was interconnecting and everything I saw just seemed somehow magical.

Then I started to have a bad trip, shadows scared the [censored] out of me and it felt like my body was turning into dust and blowing away. Then I closed my eyes when I was listening to some Pink Floyd and I saw the scariest face I've ever seen and I honestly had to leave the room. For about 30 minutes I was feeling sick/scared, and it was no fun at all.

Then the final stage happened and things got all distorted: there was one point where I looked at the room I was in and the universe seemed to turn into dozens of cubes, like it had been divided by the X,Y,Z axes. Finally the coolest thing I've ever seen happened when a spiral formed in the center of the cubes, looking like a black hole and twisting/curving. Conan finally came on TV and it honestly looked like he was wearing a mask of himself, it was incredible.

Finally after about 5 hours later I started to return to normality, but all and all it was fun.

IndieMatty
11-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Everyone should try these. Or try and get me some. Either or.

Sightless
11-04-2005, 11:44 AM
God damn shame none of my friends have an urge to try them...And id hate to do them alone

Los Feliz Slim
11-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Conan may never look the same to you again. I once watched Charles Grodin's old show on MSNBC while on shrooms and he has looked F'd up to me ever since.

samjjones
11-04-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Conan may never look the same to you again. I once watched Charles Grodin's old show on MSNBC while on shrooms and he has looked F'd up to me ever since.

[/ QUOTE ]
This may deserve its own poll. Worst celebrity toupee?

phil_ivey_fan
11-04-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The psychadellic kind. It was a very interesting experience. I first started off being extremely happy, I'd be laughing at everything and just having a great time. Then at some point during the night I had a flash of mental clarity where it seemed like the world made sense to me. I was amazed at the "flow" of everything around me and how it all was interconnecting and everything I saw just seemed somehow magical.

Then I started to have a bad trip, shadows scared the [censored] out of me and it felt like my body was turning into dust and blowing away. Then I closed my eyes when I was listening to some Pink Floyd and I saw the scariest face I've ever seen and I honestly had to leave the room. For about 30 minutes I was feeling sick/scared, and it was no fun at all.

Then the final stage happened and things got all distorted: there was one point where I looked at the room I was in and the universe seemed to turn into dozens of cubes, like it had been divided by the X,Y,Z axes. Finally the coolest thing I've ever seen happened when a spiral formed in the center of the cubes, looking like a black hole and twisting/curving. Conan finally came on TV and it honestly looked like he was wearing a mask of himself, it was incredible.

Finally after about 5 hours later I started to return to normality, but all and all it was fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good description. everyone should really try them. Probably the best all-around drug out there as far as pro:con ratio.

krimson
11-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Glad to hear you recovered from the negative experience in the trip. Usually it's downhill from there.

27offsuit
11-04-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow Play Ray
11-04-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grow up.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Here's an easy way to get you some. This sight shows you how to grow them. Should be pretty easy, but I wouldn't know.....

The Shroomery (http://www.shroomery.com)

Jeebus
11-04-2005, 02:26 PM
a "friend" and another friend of mine decided to do this. Its actually quite easy. Especialy if you are just keeping enough for yourself every now and then. The hardest part is keeping them sterile so mold doesn't grow but you can easily prevent that by keeping them in jars.

11-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I know Im exposing myself to ridicule... but I expose myself to plenty of peo...things a day, so no biggie.

k, I've never done [censored] harder than pot... and I hate throwing up which is the reason I didnt wanna try shrooms... but my cousin who used to deal said there are some that dont make you puke?

Any truth to that?

Oh, and the first time, does everyone have a bad part to the trip? Everyone's first trip I've heard of had some scary part in it, or somethin crazy.

flatline
11-04-2005, 02:31 PM
I've done 'em three times and never puked or had any of my friends puke. I would say it was more educational than enjoyable, as I got paranoid as all hell, but achieved a perspective I could never get in any other way.

Soul Daddy
11-04-2005, 02:32 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I do have kind of an iron stomach and they do make me somewhat nauseous, but I have never puked from shrooms.

tolbiny
11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
1. Pot and shrooms go together well
2. Pot is used to reduce nausea in cancer patients.
3. Maybe there is a god after all?

11-04-2005, 02:39 PM
You won't puke from the mainstream mushrooms. They might upset your stomach a bit, but it passes quickly. Never had a bad trip from mushrooms, or anything else, but I am sure it is possible. Just make sure you do it with people you are comfortable with and a comfortable environment.

11-04-2005, 02:57 PM
k, I checked out the shroomery, and lemme ask this in a sterile way.... if one were to want to buy, shitake mushroom spores, but couldnt go to a store to get them, where would one buy such spores?

imported_The Vibesman
11-04-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The second or third time I did acid was when I was about fourteen. I was with some buddies but then went home by myself, still tripping hard. I walked into my kitchen, where my Dad was watching Howard Stern's TV show, basically just a videotape of his radio show they would show late nights on some cable station. I had never heard of Stern before.

Well, I was standing in my kitchen trying to make a sandwich. My father probably didn't notice a thing, but naturally I felt it must be obvious to anyone that I was tripping, due to the fact that my face was melting. My dad started laughing at the TV. I took a few minutes and watched what Stern was doing, and became convinced that my father was laughing at me, because he knew I was wasted, because there was absolutely nothing funny at all about the guy on TV. He was just an idiot. Freaked me out.

Of course my father really was laughing at Stern, and it turns out lots of people think he's funny. But I've never found him the slightest bit funny, and I've never been sure if it was because of this night. The Vibesgirl shares my sense of humor and says that Stern was good when he was on in NY, but had gone downhill in the last 10 years or so.

Incidentally, I've always enjoyed shrooms more than acid. I threw up once or twice from them before (out of hundreds of times doing them), but I have kind of an easily upset stomach, and I hate the taste of them. I don't really do either anymore. I did them (and a lot of other drugs) to death in high school and the years following, and don't really miss them. Just burned out on it I guess.

turnipmonster
11-04-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

callydrias
11-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I haven't heard of anyone puking from any Psilocybe mushrooms which are what you'll find most commonly available. I'm sure some of the other hallucinogenic types could have negative gastrointestinal effects (Amanita?).

As far as bad tripping goes, you can avoid that by paying particular attention to your "set and setting". Set being your mindset and setting being your environment.

Set. Make sure you feel good that day. If you're sick, feel depressed, are stressed out, emotional, or have something negative weighing on your mind, you might want to put off your first trip. Once you know what to expect and how you react, you don't have to be so picky. Also make sure your body feels good and you're not sick.

Setting. Be comfortable. It's easy to become paranoid, so don't be anywhere where you might interact with people you don't know (at least on your first time). Being outdoors is the best.

The best rule I was taught before tripping my first time: Remember, if you get scared or start to freak, just tell yourself: "I feel like this because I ate mushrooms. I'm okay. In couple hours I will be back to normal. Have fun with it."

11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
You can order all kinds of spores off the internet. There are links at the shroomery. Spores are legal in most states (i think there are two states that have outlawed spores). They only become illegal once you grow them. So you are in the clear to order them.
AFOAF said this is a good place to find them
Ralphster's (http://www.ralphstersspores.com)

11-04-2005, 03:18 PM
since they're legal, any suggestions for a first-time? I want something mild.
/\
yes, I am a --> \/ about this stuff

Jeebus
11-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Also remember to do what the mushrooms tell you, at least in reason. If they say go to another room, go there. If they say go on a walk do it. You have introduced a poison into your brain and it will want to do things. Plus going on walks is real fun when on shrooms.

callydrias
11-04-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since they're legal, any suggestions for a first-time? I want something mild.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mushrooms are illegal in all states in the U.S. (as far as I know). Someone talking about legality was referring to the spores (usually) being legal to possess, since the spores don't contain any of the hallucinogenic compounds (psylocin and psylocybin).

Regarding mildness, if you can, get some from a batch that someone you know/trust has already tried. Potency can vary drastically as wild picked shrooms will usually be much less potent than cultivated strains.

Argus
11-04-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard of anyone puking from any Psilocybe mushrooms which are what you'll find most commonly available. I'm sure some of the other hallucinogenic types could have negative gastrointestinal effects (Amanita?).

As far as bad tripping goes, you can avoid that by paying particular attention to your "set and setting". Set being your mindset and setting being your environment.

Set. Make sure you feel good that day. If you're sick, feel depressed, are stressed out, emotional, or have something negative weighing on your mind, you might want to put off your first trip. Once you know what to expect and how you react, you don't have to be so picky. Also make sure your body feels good and you're not sick.

Setting. Be comfortable. It's easy to become paranoid, so don't be anywhere where you might interact with people you don't know (at least on your first time). Being outdoors is the best.

The best rule I was taught before tripping my first time: Remember, if you get scared or start to freak, just tell yourself: "I feel like this because I ate mushrooms. I'm okay. In couple hours I will be back to normal. Have fun with it."

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very good advice - worth quoting for emphasis. I'd also like to recommend a sober sitter for your first time or on a high dose. I've eaten a lot of mushrooms, and there have definitely been times when I wish there was someone to remind me it was all a trip, and that home surgery is a bad idea when sober let alone high.

sublime
11-04-2005, 05:21 PM
i used to cultivate magic mushrooms and eat them in their freshest state. amazing trips. i would hook my my little sisters friends and have them giving me massages all night, saying how much we all loved each other etc....oh man it ruled!

i have also done a lot of acid and will say muhrooms were a lot better. every single time i took acid i would end up in bed praying it would end soon. that never happened with shrooms, defiintly my most mellow drug experiance with physedelics.

two thumbs up in my book /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CORed
11-04-2005, 05:51 PM
I haven't done shrooms for many years. My best trip was in Chesler Park in Canyonlands National Park.
http://www.jeffblaylock.com/window/photos/0146.jpg

This was during a solo backpack trip in October of 1980 or thereabouts. I had a bag of dried shrooms with me (I don't remember the weight 1/2 Oz. mayber) . The day before the great trip, I had eaten about a third of the bag while hiking to Druid Arch:

http://home.earthlink.net/~rigibson/druid1.jpg

but only got a mild buzz. So I ate the rest of the bag the day of the trip. I remember seeing the rock fins as giant hands and getting completetly lost in the sunset. I was just staring at the horizon and grooving on the image, almost unaware of who or where I was. It's almost impossible to desribe, but it was probably the most intense high I ever had.

I enjoyed both acid and shrooms. They are very similar higgs, but I usually wanted to be phisically active when doing acid, and usually just wanted to sit and groove when on shrooms. I always felt like crap the day after doing acid, but always felt fine the day after doing shrooms.

11-04-2005, 07:41 PM
yeah, I grew up sheltered and [censored], so the idea of harder drugs scares the poo outta me, but I researched shrooms' side effects, and other than a bad trip and/or nausea, it seems they are without them.

So Im gonna try it out...

btw, for anyone who grows, is there a soil to grow them in that doesnt smell like poop?

Thanks for helpin a noobie out.

Jeebus
11-04-2005, 07:49 PM
if you decide to try it, add alittle nitrous in with the trip. You will find heaven for about 2 minutes. And it will feel ike 10 or 20. I found the tree of life that way.

sublime
btw, for anyone who grows, is there a soil to grow them in that doesnt smell like poop

they are grown in canning jars at first, then when they start to mature are taken out and placed in an aquarium type setting. smell is never an issue, iirc.

astroglide
it doesn't sound like you're really well-reasoned on doing this :|

11-04-2005, 07:51 PM
oh okay, cuz looking at shroomery.com, there are pictures that make reference to a "dung/straw" mixture.

THAT WONT FLY.

hmm, I assure yall that you are going to get a screwed up couple of posts from me (if I can find the keyboard) once these things grow.

ah well, here's to experimenting!

sublime
11-04-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it doesn't sound like you're really well-reasoned on doing this :|

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, can we please lower the level of peer pressure

astroglide
11-04-2005, 07:52 PM
are you talking to me? imo it doesn't sound like he should do it

sublime
11-04-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you talking to me? imo it doesn't sound like he should do it

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i was talking to you. joking of course.

i agree btw, anyone who needs to convince themselves to do a drug shouldnt do it.

Malachii
11-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Yes, I've done them a couple of times before. Fascinating experience, although I have no desire to try them again.

astroglide
11-04-2005, 08:05 PM
i figured you were speaking seriously to the others, but it threw me off that you quoted me on it and it didn't reek of sarcasm.

i just don't see the upside for a guy that's approaching it in this way.

11-04-2005, 08:06 PM
eh?

I wanna try em, friends have, and I think it would be fun.

I will have either one or two experienced trippers around me, at least one sober.

how am I approaching this wrong?

Jeebus
11-04-2005, 08:10 PM
buy them at least once before you try to grow them.

jhall23
11-04-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have considered going back to college just so I would have easier access to get some.

11-04-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
buy them at least once before you try to grow them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im just not sure where to get em, and it seems like they're easy to grow (I grew strains of pot that were on the hard end of the maintenance scale for a time) and thats why I chose this way.

However, you may be right, as I did find out last night that the chick who lives next door grows pot, and does shrooms, and likes me... tryin to work an angle here.

thanks for the help guys.

sublime
11-04-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i figured you were speaking seriously to the others, but it threw me off that you quoted me on it and it didn't reek of sarcasm.

i just don't see the upside for a guy that's approaching it in this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

weird, because i was being totally sarcastic to you since you were th only one to offer some 'positive peer pressure'.

anyways, the more i think about it the more i agree with you. while i dont think this drug is as bad as herion or coke, it alters your mind in a way those two drugs dont. basically, if you do coke you may feel shitty and think about jumping off a bridge but your not going to convince youeself you can fly. mayeb a bad example, but im sure people get the point.

11-04-2005, 08:32 PM
there is no way in hell I would do coke.

absolutely not.

it's addictive in ways that pot and shrooms could never be.

Im kind of a philosopher, buddhist thought kinda tao-ie guy, and from what I've heard from similar friends, that kind of thing is what shrooms are made for.

Im very down.

plus like I said, my setting will be correct.

sublime
11-04-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there is no way in hell I would do coke.

absolutely not.

it's addictive in ways that pot and shrooms could never be.

Im kind of a philosopher, buddhist thought kinda tao-ie guy, and from what I've heard from similar friends, that kind of thing is what shrooms are made for.

Im very down.

plus like I said, my setting will be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats what i meant. these types of drugs have different dangers than class A's. a controlled enviroment with a few people (one who has done them before) is probably best.

PokerFink
11-04-2005, 08:42 PM
If one were to buy shrooms on an average college campus, how much would one spend on these shrooms? Ballpark figures here.

Assume buying for one use for one person.

astroglide
11-04-2005, 08:42 PM
dude it's just like, you've never gone past pot. you seem like a thinking guy. it would be cool if it was some kind of, "i must have this experience now, so i've done my homework and it won't kill me, here goes!" or even a "what is that [censored] you've got? i'll take it!!" thing. i know everything came up to everybody in some way and that's how they tried it, but the opportunistic message board thing just looks shitty to me. i literally feel bad when i open this thread and see you starting, i don't feel bad about any of the other people. i would think that has to mean something, especially if a bright guy like sublime seems to be catching it too.

fwiw i've done a lot of drugs in my life. i don't feel as if my life is any better or that i have an improved or even different perspective on anything as a result of doing shrooms.

11-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I definitely am taking your point of view seriously... sounds like you're concerned... but I just have to say this.

I ... am getting intelligent and cogent life advice from a guy whose internet representation is the name of a lubricant.

that just cracked me up for a second.

So you're saying that me wanting to take shrooms for the first time is like.. offending you?

Im really trying to get your vibe here but all Im catching is kind of "a mind's a terrible thing to waste".

am I in the right ballpark?

tdp
11-04-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's an easy way to get you some. This sight shows you how to grow them. Should be pretty easy, but I wouldn't know.....

The Shroomery (http://www.shroomery.com)

[/ QUOTE ]
Well,it is and it isn't.You must be careful to completely sterilize everything.One contaminated culture and days or weeks worth of work is gone.Not to mention that if you get caught you'll have to be careful not to pick up the soap for a long time.
We used to cultivate an Amazonian strain that was rediculously potent.To top that off,my partner and I would often eat 40 grams of wet freshies.I don't recommend this at all for recreational partier types.

astroglide
11-04-2005, 09:06 PM
no it's not offending me, it's not a "terrible waste" type thing in the typical sense. it's just a, "man he's opening up a box and i don't really see a good reason for it" kind of thing. being a reckless idiot would qualify as a good reason, and i hope that makes sense. it just seems like you're perfectly straddling the value fence and the potential downsides are a lot worse than the potential upsides are good. it makes me sad to think of you popping a drug cherry over this.

tdp
11-04-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and I hate throwing up which is the reason I didnt wanna try shrooms... but my cousin who used to deal said there are some that dont make you puke?[ QUOTE ]

I've never thrown up from shrooms and I've eaten large quantities of over 20 strains.I usually get very queasy however.I don't like the body high at all which is why I prefer lsd.

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone's first trip I've heard of had some scary part in it, or somethin crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
No way.It's all about set and setting.I'd definately have someone experienced around the first time.You create your own trip.If you want paranoia you'll get it gauranteed.

eastbay
11-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I think people who want to consider themselves educated on the dangers should probably read this:

http://hppdonline.com/index.php

Especially the forum. To me, that forum is absolutely frightening.

Everyone is their own man, but to me, the prospect of feeling weird/insane for a few hours doesn't seem to be sufficient upside to the risks of spending the rest of your life in psychic torture.

eastbay

11-04-2005, 09:15 PM
astro... I dunno, I'll think about it. I suppose its a compliment that you even give a [censored]. I am perfectly happy with weed, and I am very likely to keep it that way.

So no I wont be growing, and Im not gonna go hunt for em.. Im not saying I definitely wont try em ever, I just got kinda excited to try em out, since it was all legal to order and everything.

...what an interesting thread.

and to the guy who like quoted six things inside of one another.. I have no damn clue what it is you're trying to get across.

Argus
11-04-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If one were to buy shrooms on an average college campus, how much would one spend on these shrooms? Ballpark figures here.

Assume buying for one use for one person.

[/ QUOTE ]
I live in western canada, and you should expect to pay $5/gram (dried). It may be up to $10/g in other places, but I really wouldn't know. I'd advise 2-3.5 grams per person to trip, towards the lower end if you're nervous about it. If things get crazy come post on 2+2 for advice.

DoomSlice
11-04-2005, 11:43 PM
I paid $35 for 1/8 oz.

astroglide
11-04-2005, 11:48 PM
cool. i'm relieved. if it happens more organically (no pun intended) in the future be safe and have fun. ultimately i suspect you're better off without it.

RustedCorpse
11-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Do them with someone you trust in a safe enviroment and make sure you've been feeling well that day. They're fun but like anything else don't overdo it. PErsonally I wouldn't buy them, I would grow them, something better about having fresh ones that you know the quality level involved. Plus imo there is something better about raising them and investing work into them, I felt like less of a crackhead when I did that /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BradleyT
11-05-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, I grew up sheltered and [censored], so the idea of harder drugs scares the poo outta me, but I researched shrooms' side effects, and other than a bad trip and/or nausea, it seems they are without them.

So Im gonna try it out...

btw, for anyone who grows, is there a soil to grow them in that doesnt smell like poop?

Thanks for helpin a noobie out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The shrooms themselves will stink up your room more than anything - so be careful. We had a large fish tank aquarium with several bath towels covering it all up to hide the smell and the site.

They're pretty easy to grow. We did a lot of batches back about 7 years ago and didn't have any contamination.