PDA

View Full Version : Zeno-Here's Some Real Stopping Power AKA Crime Doesn't Pay

HDPM
06-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Most armed lunatic citizens are happy with a puny little 9mm or .45. Not this guy. He knew what had real stopping power and took a whole car out. Remember, if you're in a car, the car is your primary weapon. I'll Show You A Real Car. (http://www.local6.com/news/2272794/detail.html)

Zeno
06-17-2003, 01:15 AM
Those Hummers are good for a lot of things aren't they. You got to watch those nuts in Arizona; I've dealt with them before. I am all for this tactic. I do, however, predict that if he does not face charges he will be sued, especially if the injured people are disabled in some way. In phoenix though he will get a sympathetic jury.

Personally, I would have shot the punks - Dead and Deader. This is why all business owners should have a 45 auto and a 12-gauge shotgun as standard equipment. I think that in Oregon you can carry a concealed weapon without a permit in your place of business; you must own the property I believe, but I like this idea.

The more smart people that arm themselves the safer everyone will be. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Guns and ammo: The currency of the new millennium. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Great Post. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

-Zeno

andyfox
06-17-2003, 02:20 AM
Cars, guns, fists, penises: we men like to thrust things into other people. The weaker the thrustee the better. I'm in favor of sending all people who misuse those four things to Arizona. A fate far worse than the death penalty. Put up big, electric fences so they can't come out. The state has straight line borders for the most part, so construction of the fences would be easy. No air conditioning allowed. Every chair would be an electric chair.

MMMMMM
06-17-2003, 06:42 AM
Well andy, they say a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged. Hoefully you never get robbed and beaten, because if you do, you might become the next Charles Bronson;-)

Seriously, if those robbers want to point guns at someone they shouldn't be immune to being shot in self-defense. If they are immune (versus a disarmed citizenry) then they have a much more favorable risk-reward ratio which is not a good thing.

That guy in the Hummer probably ran them over by accident. He was likely just trying to get their license plate number as a good citizen when they must have stopped short. What an unfortunate accident. Well, at least they won't be back to rob him again.

scalf
06-17-2003, 07:22 AM
/forums/images/icons/mad.gif isn't the saddest part, that a man defends himself/proprty, but the net result is has to defend himself in court(more correctly gire some underpaid servant of the court, because he had the audacity to protect himself...gl /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

andyfox
06-17-2003, 03:30 PM
I grew up in New York City and have lived in L.A. for nearly 40 years. What makes you think I haven't been robbed and beaten? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Zeno
06-17-2003, 11:54 PM
We men are dastardly creatures at times aren't we? The fence thing is fun to dream about but as we all know fences, walls or other barriers and people don't mix well.

We ran into a survivalist group on one of our work outings in Arizona. Now there are some people that really are a bit off - this group being one. Whole families dressed in army gear and little Jeb and sister Susie doing Rambo imitations with AK-47's. We would politely ask them in the morning not to shoot in certain directions as some people had to work out in this desert and yes, bullets can ricochet sometimes but this had no effect on their activities. They had ammo and they needed practice; Armageddon was just around the corner they informed us and I saw no reason to argue with their prophecies. God Bless Them. We worked around it, as this is America and people have the freedom to blast at any damn rock they please with whatever implements of destruction they desire.

That’s why we are a great country. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

-Zeno

Dr Wogga
06-18-2003, 05:25 PM
....for a guy to get a hummer? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

nicky g
06-19-2003, 10:30 AM
i've been mugged three times, once violently. still what you guys would call a "liberal".

MMMMMM
06-19-2003, 10:58 PM
You've been mugged three times, once violently---and from your other posts I gather you don't favor an armed citizenry, but instead favor a disarmed citizenry which offers muggers nice juicy defenseless targets like yourself. So of course the boys oblige and mug you, and then go their merry way tae mug a few more nice blokes.

I guess I really don't get it.

nicky, those muggers don't need understanding, they need their legs broken. Can't you see nicky: those muggers are laughing at you and at all of merry Ireland. They'll go on mugging you forever as long as you let them.

Jimbo
06-20-2003, 12:28 AM
MMMMMM, obviously three times isn't enough. Some people are just too stubborn for their own good.

nicky g
06-20-2003, 09:18 AM
That's a rather nasty thing to say.

Regardless, are you suggesting robbery rates are lower in the US than they are in Europe, where this happened? I don't believe that's the case, and I don't believe violent crime rates are lower either. Quite the opposite. Much as it disturbed me to lose some money and, on one occasion, get shoved and puched, I am glad at least I was not mugged at gunpoint, which I understand is a more common phenomenon in the US.

MMMMMM
06-20-2003, 04:20 PM
I think I did post an article a while back which discussed armed robbery rates in London now being higher than in the USA or in New York City. Maybe it was higher in London than in any U.S. city; I forget exactly. And the increase apeared to correlate with the increasinly strict London laws against carrying anything with which one might defend himself.

Anyway nicky, I stongly suggest you at least consider getting a nice strong sock and filling it with shillings so that the next time they try to mug you you can swing it and hit one of these guys in the mouth! If the cops try to arrest you for carrying a weapon you can just tell them you are carrying your shillings that way as emergency money in case you lose your wallet somehow.

Pot-A
06-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Didn't you read his post? After three muggings, he doesn't have any shillings... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Ray Zee
06-20-2003, 11:13 PM
nicky, being robbed at gunpoint is much preferable to being robbed at knifepoint. you see the robber knows he can run away if he has a gun and you wont chase him or scream until he is out of sight. but with a knife he has no such assurance so his best bet is to stick you so you go down.

no probelm with muggers here in montana. people carry guns and knives. only a bandit with a death wish would mug someone. or break into a house at night. people kill their spouses or kids steal stereos out of cars. we dont have alot of the in between. you can go for a walk at night anywhere and not worry unless you meet a bear.