PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 6m AQ

tongni
11-04-2005, 10:54 AM
UTG + 1 raises, SB calls, Hero calls with AQ.

Flop comes AJ3 rainbow. Hero checkraises villan's bet.

Turn is 8. Bet-call.

River is J. Hero checks.

How good or bad is this check? If he's a bad player? If he's a good, thinking player?

Spartan1983
11-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Unless your hoping for another c/r, I think that its bad. You more than likely have the best hand, bet it. If the villain bets, are u raising? Calling a 3bet? I like bet/call here, myself.

spydog
11-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Easy bet-call. If he has Jx, oh well. Most of the time he will have a pocket pair or an Ace with a bad kicker. He'll probably bet the Ace, but he's likely to check behind with the pocket pairs. Overall, the check stinks.

11-04-2005, 12:40 PM
EASY bet/call against an unknown.

Any reason you didn't 3 bet preflop?

augie00
11-04-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You more than likely have the best hand, bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. It is likely he has the best hand. It is also likely that villian has QT, QK, KT. He's going to fold these hands if you bet. You check to induce a bluff.

Also, if villian has Ax, he's going to bet the river after you check so you aren't missing any value there. If he raises the river after you lead you get to puke and call. Waste of 1BB. What is he going to raise with besides a jack? You don't want to call that.

edit: if you're betting, it's a bet/fold. but who wants to bet/fold on this board!??! If maybe there were a 4 flush out there or something I would bet fold, but wtf. I want to see showdown here.