PDA

View Full Version : 3 marginal hands

WalkAmongUs
11-04-2005, 10:00 AM
So after a 100BB downswing session of 763 hands. I was reviewing my play and trying to look for errors. I looked through all the hands where I had my largest losses.

For the most part, it appears as if there wasn't much I could have done, but I'd probably attribute a loss of 20BB out of 100 due to my own playing errors.

I haven't looked at my winners yet but I need to. Anyways heres three hands I found where my errors weren't glaring and I thought they might need discussion.

Hand 1: The PF call was due to most of the callers being the fish at the table. I figured the call out of BB was ok with so many limpers. The PF raiser was also loose (~40%). I think I held onto this for way too long. I have a hard time putting a pack of loose players on hands.

It scrambles my radar even more because some of them go nuts with hands that don't warrant it and some bet draws like they're pocket aces. One, maybe 2 I can deal with but a pack tends to confuse me.

I continued in this hand because the pot got to be large. I do think I would have folded the river had I not caught my two pair because I figured my aces with 6 kicker were no good on the turn.

Its marginal but I'm sure I made errors in this hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (15 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.41 (All-In), Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 24.10 BB

Hand 2: What the hell does he have? 7,10? Set? Villain is semi-TAG. About 25/8/1.5.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Hand 3: Villain is loose, slightly passive. Loves to call. Call call call. 24/7. Should I bet/fold or check/fold this river? He popped me on the overcard...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

@bsolute_luck
11-04-2005, 10:29 AM
hand #1: donk that flop. it's a big pot and you want to maximize you chances to win. hope UTG raises with his KK/QQ. even if behind to a biggere Ace you have the BDFD and 2 outs to 2 pair. seriously i think you should fold the turn because UTG probably has trips and you don't have outs for your 2 outer even if you have outs at all.

hand #2: you spewed major chips. he capped preflop and now you're only ahead of TT. the question isn't: does he have a 7 or T, the question is how did you miss his preflop "I have a huge hand" sign he was waving?

hand #3: is fine.

11-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Hand 1.
I bet the flop with PFR on my immediate left.
After checking, I'm definitely not calling 2 back to me. Getting 10:1 sounds good but you are likely drawing to 2 outs that probably aren't good anyway and the very likely flop cap that's coming - ditch.

Hand 2. I think he's got JJ. I would have gone into call down mode after the flop cap and expected to lose. He capped preflop and TT is the only reasonable hand your ahead of.

Hand 3. I play the same.

tiltaholic
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: The PF call was due to most of the callers being the fish at the table. I figured the call out of BB was ok with so many limpers. The PF raiser was also loose (~40%).

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, his vpip was loose. what was his pfr though? just because people like to limp in a lot, it doesn't always mean they are raising more hands than you'd think. either way...i'm still calling this preflop in a heartbeat. not marginal in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (15 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.41 (All-In), Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

as you played it i'd fold the flop to the 2 bets the first time. yes you are getting 19:2 on what seems like 5 outs. but i don't think your aces are good for anything and one of the sixes tainted b/c of flush draw with so many people in the pot. so you have maybe something like 2.5 or 3 outs including the back door flush draw. and you're not closing the action...

edit - i'd also lead the flop.

tiltaholic
11-04-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: What the hell does he have? 7,10? Set? Villain is semi-TAG. About 25/8/1.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands does a "semi-tag" cap pf with?
i'd say a good starting point would be AA-TT (though TT is suspect), AKs, and AKo
[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

of the hands above what are you now beating?
i might 3-bet the flop as you did and call the cap but then i'm check calling the rest of the hand. the turn action is bad.

tiltaholic
11-04-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: Villain is loose, slightly passive. Loves to call. Call call call. 24/7. Should I bet/fold or check/fold this river? He popped me on the overcard...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

this is ok.

WalkAmongUs
11-04-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great example of how postflop mistakes can snowball. If I had of led out on this flop like I should have UTG would have raised and then UTG+1 would have reraised. I then could have safely folded, knowing I was beat.

As it was, it was only 2 bets back to me and I figured it was close, but that I was getting proper odds.

Betting the flop would have saved me a decent amount of bets.

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 02:43 PM
hand 2: if i were villain, i would note, "crazy maniac lag. couldn't slow down w/ qq on J9885 board against a preflop cap"

tiltaholic
11-04-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great example of how postflop mistakes can snowball. If I had of led out on this flop like I should have UTG would have raised and then UTG+1 would have reraised. I then could have safely folded, knowing I was beat.

As it was, it was only 2 bets back to me and I figured it was close, but that I was getting proper odds.

Betting the flop would have saved me a decent amount of bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't think calling 2 bets on that flop is remotely close getting 9.5:1 not closing the action.

WalkAmongUs
11-04-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hand 2: if i were villain, i would note, "crazy maniac lag. couldn't slow down w/ qq on J9885 board against a preflop cap"

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut me some slack. I was nearing the end of a 100BB downswing in one session. I WANTED this QQ to win.

I was on semi-tilt. Of course its obvious to me now this should have been let go...

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut me some slack. I was nearing the end of a 100BB downswing in one session. I WANTED this QQ to win.

I was on semi-tilt. Of course its obvious to me now this should have been let go...

[/ QUOTE ]
why cut some slack??? i don't see how that helps. you played this hand horribly. you say you were on tilt and you know you played the hand poorly. if that were true, then really this hand does not deserve to be posted right? you know you played it like a maniac on tilt, yet you posted it here like you would get some good feedback out of it - i don't understand.

WalkAmongUs
11-04-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
why cut some slack??? i don't see how that helps. you played this hand horribly. you say you were on tilt and you know you played the hand poorly. if that were true, then really this hand does not deserve to be posted right? you know you played it like a maniac on tilt, yet you posted it here like you would get some good feedback out of it - i don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord. Does anyone have tranquilizers available for this guy? I realize I played it horribly after it was pointed out to me. I thank those that responded for their input. You however should do your best to get your panties out of a wad. But thanks for posting! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 03:28 PM
go spew some chips, lag. please post tilting, bad beat, maniacal, chip-spewing hands in the no content thread.

WalkAmongUs
11-04-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
go spew some chips, lag. please post tilting, bad beat, maniacal, chip-spewing hands in the no content thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mods can feel free to move my post to the NC thread if they want. I posted hands I thought I played badly. If you have a problem with it I could care less. Did you rack up 3000 posts from flaming people? How about contributing to poker discussions instead of contributing to the a$$hole population.

If my VPIP of 19% makes me a LAG then I'm fine with that. I'm sorry it upsets you.

Respond if you want but you can waste your own time. I'm not wasting any more of mine on this.

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 03:51 PM
please don't waste any more of your time - you have spewing to do.

J. Stew
11-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Hand 1: I'd fold the flop, tpwk w/bdfd getting 9.5:1 with raiser and reraiser still to act isn't great.

Hand 2: I think is way too aggressive, he's not out of control and his capping range has you mostly slaughtered.

Hand 3: If he's passive, check/fold, if you don't know I'd check/call the river and see what he had and do the right thing next time. If you're pretty sure he's not messing around with a hand like A /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 then check/fold seems right.