PDA

View Full Version : Too laggy here?

bigredlemon
11-04-2005, 05:18 AM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___folds

5th Street - (2.90 BB)

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

missed an obvious raise here...

6th Street - (4.90 BB)

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___raises
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises___calls

River - (12.90 BB)

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets

Total pot: (14.90 BB)

benneh
11-04-2005, 06:48 AM
i'd raise 5th and probably just call his 3bet on 6th and call down from there. looks fine overall though.

mscags
11-04-2005, 11:24 AM
You can probably fold this hand one third with such a small ante and an eight gone, but you do close the action. I think you absolutely must raise on fifth street. If you can knock out that other guy going low than you havereally improved your equity. Knock him out or punish him to draw. I'm thinking about just calling the three bet on sixth. He doesn't seem to be afraid of you, but then again your strength is well hidden, his however isn't. I think it is pretty obvious you're looking at trips, aces full, or a less likely straight.

11-04-2005, 11:33 AM
If I'm villain, I see you betting a straight on 6th street (explaining a call and no re-raise from you on 5th.). Thus, he's feeling good about beating a straight on 6th. No boat for you on the river puts you at the same crying call though.

Andy B
11-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I call on third all day long. Naturally, you bet fourth. I think that raising fifth is mandatory. If you can knock out the low hand, you've accomplished a lot. Not that I'd expect anyone to fold a four-card low in that spot, but give him the chance, or at least make him pay to draw. Naturally, you raise sixth, but when the other guy three-bets, I think he's saying that he has more than just Aces-up, and you should be beaten if he's thinking at all. I'd just call it down from there.

Alchemist
11-04-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call on third [with (77)8] all day long.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is somewhat interesting to me. I generally rank this hand roughly equivalent to say (37)8. But I have a feeling you'd be unhappy with a call with the latter hand.

I can see 778 having (weakish) potential in either direction, making it tricky to play depending what comes on 4th. I suppose there's some misdirection in having people think you're drawing to an 8 low, but calling here seems a little dodgy with a King limping in front. Basically I'm saying that to me it's a take-it-or-leave-it hand and not necessarily an easy call on 3rd or even that much better than a razz-type starting hand.