PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into limit. Too agressive?

11-04-2005, 04:51 AM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

So, i'm getting back into limit after completely devistating my br. But thats another story. Anyway, i'm wondering if i've gotten too agressive from playing NL tourneys. So late position with KQs, i'm thinkin fairly standard raise. flop is ugly, but i think the early bet is either trying to push me out of the flop because they put me on overs, so i reraise trying to get free overcards, but i get 3 bet, so i'm thinkin either this guy is strong, or hes got a set. But i have to call, since its such a weak play to bet then fold. Turn comes queen, i'm thinkin fantastic, so i just call to set up the noose for hte river reraise. River is a K, and i reraise, but then i get 3 bet, and i think crap he has a set. How was my line?

SoftcoreRevolt
11-04-2005, 04:57 AM
Don't raise the flop. You aren't facing enough of the field with a raise to clean any outs, and at this level ya ain't folding out cards that reverse dominate you now, even for 2 SB.

Just call, you have enough outs even after discounting.

Why are you just calling the turn? How does this set him up. If he only has top pair on the flop, what if an ace comes on the river? Or another scare card? He may just check. Either way, you are going to get the same value from raising the turn as the river.

I raise the turn, if 3 bet I call, and just call the river king. It looks like he has something really strong here, and I don't think top two pair is best 55% of the time.

11-04-2005, 05:01 AM
PF raise is standard from any position, flop raise is fine to try for free cards. Raise the turn, calldown after you get three-bet. On that ragged board with an UTG limp and a lead-three-bet into the PFR, it's frequently a set but occasionally something funky like A7s or an overpocket. Depends on how aggro UTG is with the flop three-bet. But raise the turn.

11-04-2005, 05:25 AM
You're either ahead with a bigger 2 pair or behind to trips.
I'd play it the same.

After posting my respoms I read the other replies that advocates raising the turn. I don't think I agree.
Since he 3-bet the flop he has something better than pair. He is not afraid of you holding pocket A to T.

Either that or he overplays A7

11-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Preflop Easy.

flop I probably just call without a read. I sometimes do raise though so I don't think it's a bad play. When I get 3 bet it's a definite call.

On the turn I probably just call down still. That was an ugly flop and I think even 90% vpips fold 23 73 72.

River I still just call. I think you still loose a lot of the time, but at least you draw out on the above hands.

11-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Im thinking set also. Im thinking to myself, what is this guy 3-betting on the flop with this ragged board. However, at the limit your playing he could have 72o.

@bsolute_luck
11-04-2005, 08:52 AM
preflop: goot.

flop is not a big deal. there is very little chance we are reversed dominated compared to if he had an Ace. he could donk with any pair plus you have the BDFD and closing the action you could try for a free card as even trips might get FPS.

you could fold the turn depending on how sure you are that he has trips.

the river you can't raise because smaller pocket pairs aren't calling and you're only getting 3-bet by better hands.

beaster
11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Preflop is standard, I raise also.

On the flop I just call. With overcards you're getting the odds to call, so you're not going anywhere. With a ragged flop like that I don't think a raise is going to push many out. On a passive table like the 5c/10c's often are, UTG could have limped in with 99, A7o, A3o, etc.

With your flop call, its likely UTG bets out. Raise here. You have top pair with a good kicker. Call the 3-bet if he makes one, then check call the river.

Methinks he shows you a set.