PDA

View Full Version : japanese puro fans

KDawgCometh
11-04-2005, 04:29 AM
okay, In light of the wrestling threads that have happened in the past few days, I want to bring up japanese wrestling. what was the match that made you a fan of japanese puro, and what was the specific match that got you into it. I don't want anyone who wants to talk about FMW or Big Japan or any of the hardcore crap, I want real japanese wrestling.

For me it was the All-Japan matches from the 90s. Mainly Kenta Kobashi vs Mitsuharu Misawa. In specific, the 10/30/98 match that went over 40 minutes and ended with misawa finishing with a series of forearm shots to Kobashi's face

Jack of Arcades
11-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Super J Cup '94

KDawgCometh
11-04-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Super J Cup '94

[/ QUOTE ]

a great answer. THe lyger/ saskue match where saskue finshed on a botched spot with that sick Hurrancanrana was awesome. Benoit was a beast through out that tourny, same with sasuke. One of the best tapes out there on the 'net that is available

[censored]
11-04-2005, 05:40 AM
I used to be into collecting tapes and had something like 30 different japanese wrestling tapes. the thing was though besdies the J cup I just couldnt get into without knowing whatever back story there was and without understanding the commentary.

Big Business
11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Mine was when I saw my first Misawa vs. Kawada match and I had never seen anything like that before. I have lots of New Japan and All Japan tapes from back then and it made me realize that wrestling over here sucked then.

I don't really watch it anymore because it is just not very good, but some of the mid and late 90's stuff is awesome.

fryKing
11-04-2005, 01:14 PM
well, for half-puro the DVD of Samoa Joe vs. Kobashi from ROH is about to come out. I was there and it was a great match. Kobashi isn't what he used to be but he's still [censored] awesome.