PDA

View Full Version : $55 small pair good enough to push?

splashpot
11-04-2005, 04:08 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP1 (t270)
Hero (t1330)
CO (t1660)
Button (t625)
SB (t2710)
BB (t1855)
UTG (t1550)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero pushes?

I suppose one thing to consider is that I pushed/stole last hand too.

ChrisV
11-04-2005, 04:20 AM
I wouldn't. But I can understand people who do.

My experience is that people, especially at the 55s, understand coinflip avoidance on the bubble, but not earlier. I prefer to stay quite tight in the midgame and start pushbotting later (or if I get short stacked).

splashpot
11-04-2005, 04:21 AM
So you'd fold this?

curtains
11-04-2005, 04:22 AM
its a push in my book. (and it's close BUT not so close also if that makes any sense)

I think failure to push in these situations can cost a lot of $$ over the longrun. Of course if you have like 1500-1600 it becomes a lot tougher. Of course I also have a chart telling me when to push with such hands. My chart says this decision isn't close. When it is close and or on the bubble, then often you should fold due to prize structure reasons and such, however this situation isn't either of those things.

bones
11-04-2005, 04:28 AM
I am chartless, but I agree that it's a solid push, just not one I'm thrilled about making.

curtains
11-04-2005, 04:31 AM
Ran it in SNGPT, it seems like its a minimum of +.3% EV. Thats almost $2 in a $55 sit and go!!! Huge amount to make on one hand imo.

ChrisV
11-04-2005, 04:41 AM
What call range did you use?

Also, wanna post this chart? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

On second thoughts, don't post it. PM it to me.

runner4life7
11-04-2005, 05:18 AM
and how much does said chart cost again?

HesseJam
11-04-2005, 06:10 AM
I thought about making such a chart my self.

For starters I wanted to start with a "any 2" situational chart because I noticed that I miss those frequently even if pushing is independent to calling ranges.

I guess just making such a chart yourself has a huge learning benefit.

11-04-2005, 06:36 AM
I push this every time. 225 chips = good. Even if you're called you're likely to be a 55% favourite.

11-04-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ran it in SNGPT, it seems like its a minimum of +.3% EV. Thats almost $2 in a $55 sit and go!!! Huge amount to make on one hand imo.

[/ QUOTE ]Not really sure if my sarcasm detector is simply on the fritz, but what calling ranges did you use to get the minimum +.3% EV? I think 66 should be in the pushing range, but I don't think it's a real simple matter to determine even with the use of SNGPT.

If you give everyone a calling range of 99+,AKo,AQs+, SNGPT says hero should push with 45% of hands. If you loosen the calling range to 99+,AQo+,AJs+ SNGPT says hero should push with just 14% of hands. Loosen it further to 88+,ATo+,A8s+ and SNGPT says hero should push with 6% of hands (which does not include 66). When the addition of just a few calling hands swings the push range from 45% to 14% to 6%, I don't think there can be any definitive answer. We simply can't narrow down the calling ranges sufficiently to draw any significant conclusions. (Especially since each player's stack will dictate a slightly different calling range.)

11-04-2005, 12:24 PM
I push this. If I had more than 10 BB I'd let it go though.

11-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi. In this situation, with less than 10 big blinds, I am all-in...especially with the short stack already neatly folded, which makes the push even easier. Have a nice weekend! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtains
11-05-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Not really sure if my sarcasm detector is simply on the fritz, but what calling ranges did you use to get the minimum +.3% EV? I think 66 should be in the pushing range, but I don't think it's a real simple matter to determine even with the use of SNGPT.

If you give everyone a calling range of 99+,AKo,AQs+, SNGPT says hero should push with 45% of hands. If you loosen the calling range to 99+,AQo+,AJs+ SNGPT says hero should push with just 14% of hands. Loosen it further to 88+,ATo+,A8s+ and SNGPT says hero should push with 6% of hands (which does not include 66). When the addition of just a few calling hands swings the push range from 45% to 14% to 6%, I don't think there can be any definitive answer. We simply can't narrow down the calling ranges sufficiently to draw any significant conclusions. (Especially since each player's stack will dictate a slightly different calling range.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost sure you got these results without turning off the minimum advantage button. That calculates it as though you need a .5% advantage for every play, which is absurdly high IMO.