PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Forums' latest software update

goodguy_1
11-04-2005, 03:04 AM
I've had 1 or 2 posts I've been working on, time-out and disappear into cyberspace.. I made a long post in the affiliate forum on my dealings with Paty's VIP Program and the fuggin thing disappeared just as I attempted to post it-15 minutes down the drain.

Also navigating within a thread back and forth from the thread to your post with a partially completely message which you used to be able to w/impunity doesnt seem to fly any more.

If you are making a large post be careful-it may time-out on you and vanish /images/graemlins/confused.gif

emonrad87
11-04-2005, 03:14 AM
Type long posts into a .txt document then copy/paste when youre finished.

Pokeraddict
11-04-2005, 03:47 AM
There are many bugs in the new update. There have been threads about it all over the forums. Hopefully they are heard and worked out.

Sniper
11-04-2005, 07:26 AM
I actually suggested to Mat that he add a "forum support" forum... so, maybe if all these forum problem posts were in the same place, he might actually see them... and understand how much pain this last update is causing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike Haven
11-04-2005, 08:04 AM
There is a current full and heated discussion about the update and its consequences going on between the mods, Mat and Chuck. I doubt if there are any more glitches that Chuck doesn't know about and he is working to fix the problems as we speak.

Regrettably, we will have to deal with what we've got for a little while longer as Chuck has a life beyond these forums and he simply can't spend an inordinate amount of time on them just at present.

goodguy_1
11-04-2005, 08:08 AM
yea performance seems great other than the fact that an occasional post you are about to enter times-out and disappears into the aether.-hehe /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MelchyBeau
11-04-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck has a life beyond these forums

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize this was possible.

Melch

Mempho
11-04-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you are making a large post be careful-it may time-out on you and vanish /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me and I just said "eff it" after it got deleted. Now, I'm going to copy any long post to my clipboard before I send it through.

Mike Haven
11-04-2005, 10:48 AM
See BruceZ's BE CAREFUL WITH LONG POSTS!!! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3855223&an=0&page=0#Post 3855223)

MicroBob
11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I haven't had any problems with this (ironically enough) or any other features with this latest update.
Everything seems fine to me.

I've had this 'vanishing/time-out' thing happen to me when trying to post on my blog though.
Very annoying.