PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 hand

martial
11-04-2005, 01:53 AM
20/40 holdem 10 handed.
No reads.
You are on the button with T /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif.Two early players limp.You limp,and the small blind calls.Pot-$100(5players).
Flop K /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Everyone checks and you bet.Blinds fold 2 limpers call.Pot-$160(3 players)
Turn 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif both opponents check.What do you do?

This is a problem I got from a book.I am also interested what do you think about the pre-flop call and the bet at the flop in 5 players with middle pair bad kicker.

elindauer
11-04-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
20/40 holdem 10 handed.
No reads.
You are on the button with T /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif.Two early players limp.You limp,and the small blind calls.Pot-$100(5players).
Flop K /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Everyone checks and you bet.Blinds fold 2 limpers call.Pot-$160(3 players)
Turn 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif both opponents check.What do you do?

This is a problem I got from a book.I am also interested what do you think about the pre-flop call and the bet at the flop in 5 players with middle pair bad kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop call is ok with two limpers and the best position.

Flop bet looks good as most players would bet top pair in an unraised pot, and you certainly don't want to give free cards with your highly vulnerable holding.

After being called twice, the turn becomes rather player-dependent, but I'm inclined to bet again. That's a pretty safe turn card, so if I was in the lead on the flop, which it looks like I was, I should still be in the lead. If I get called again, I'm inclined to check behind on the river.

Against tighter / passive opponents, I'd take the free card on the turn, as there isn't much they can call the flop with that I still beat.

good luck.
eric

geo8o2
11-04-2005, 03:43 AM
if they raise the turn, u can fold..

but what if they call, and then bet out the river? what range are you calling?

smurfitup
11-04-2005, 03:57 AM
doesn't it depend on the river?