PDA

View Full Version : Standard Big Stack Preflop and I'm Clueless

11-04-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm bad with a big stack. What's standard here?

I'm big stack at the table with 14k. There's one other guy with 13k. Average is 7.5k. 70 left and 54 get paid. Blinds 200/400.

Guy with 6k stack raises to 1k from EP. I'm in MP with AQo. SB has 6k, BB has 9k and is third stack at table.

What am I supposed to do? I'm guessing it's a push, but I don't like playing poker, I just like writing about it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

11-04-2005, 02:23 AM
if the 13k stack is behind you i would raise to 4k commiting you to call any re-raise from all the stacks besides the 13k one. if not i would just push.

kuro
11-04-2005, 02:46 AM
6k is a significant portion of your stack and AQ is behind the range that gets raised from average EP and dominated by most of the hands average villain calls with. I think I'd fold preflop without a read that villain folds too much and has a big range from ep.

JeanieJ
11-04-2005, 05:00 AM
His raise is pretty weak IMO. I'm calling this bet and taking the flop. He's not raising very much and I can easily get away from this if I miss.

I don't really think pushing is an option. As Kuro said, 6k is a good chunk of your stack and I'd rather not risk it on a potentially dominated hand.