PDA

View Full Version : NL OMAHA h/l odds?

Charbel
11-04-2005, 01:31 AM
What would the odds be of 9 random omaha hi low hands all going all in preflop without even looking at thier cards (Assume the pot was 360k, everyone has to put in 40k preflop) for 7 consecutive hands straight. I ask this because I wandered on to a play money (i know pretty pathetic) table where this was the scenario.

Any ideas?

thanks and any insight would be appreciated..

charbel

11-04-2005, 02:27 AM
at a play money PLO table? nearly 100%

yellowjack
11-04-2005, 02:50 AM
What can't be quantified is a player's looseness and wanting to go allin. This is not about the cards at all, but people just playing for fun and wanting to triple, quadruple, etc. up.

pzhon
11-06-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What would the odds be of 9 random omaha hi low hands all going all in preflop without even looking at thier cards ... for 7 consecutive hands straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you assume the players didn't look at their cards? Maybe they weighed their hands' strengths, considered their reads on their opponents, and analyzed the stack sizes and multiple sidepots. Only after a rapid but thorough analysis did they call all-in with 3339o.

Don't expect meaningful things to happen when people don't care whether they win or lose.