PDA

View Full Version : AT on coordinated board

11-04-2005, 12:58 AM
UTG+2 is playing 50% of hands over a 40 hand sample. .8 aggression factor post flop. I was hoping to isolate, I certainly didn't want 4 players to the flop.

Please critique.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero raises</font>, 3 folds</font>, Button calls, 1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

LoaferGee12
11-04-2005, 01:00 AM
I might just call the flop and see what develops on the turn. With a scare like a Q or 8 you can get away from it. With a brick you can raise the turn and force the rest of the field to call 2 cold. I'm also taking the free showdown after that.

McGahee
11-04-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I might just call the flop and see what develops on the turn. With a scare like a Q or 8 you can get away from it. With a brick you can raise the turn and force the rest of the field to call 2 cold. I'm also taking the free showdown after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree except I wouldn't take the free showdown.

The way hero played the flop I'd fold the turn. A passive player isn't 3-betting the flop &amp; leading the turn into a PF 3-bettor on this board with a hand we're not drawing dead against very often. That was a long sentence.

Weatherhead03
11-04-2005, 01:06 AM
I think with how passive he is there is no way you can call that turn.

J. Stew
11-04-2005, 01:32 AM
I'd fold the turn.

ajm36
11-04-2005, 02:27 AM
I wouldn't try to isolate with this hand form your position. What's the rest of the table like? Are they fond of calling two cold? Flop looks good--I fold the turn against this aggression on this board. No diamond improves you hand. Ten may be counterfeit, K or Q is scary, and Ace may not help if you are behind to trips. Cut you loses--get out.

Goodnews
11-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Grunched.

Behind the trip jacks, you are drawing dead. Can't put UTG+2 on QQ and better because you are definitely looking at a 3-bet preflop.

What are you trying to do here? Spew chips?

Dump it on the turn UI.

I think your river call is horrendous. Even though you only need to win 7% of the time, you will win 0% of the time given the action.

After losing 60BB in 15 minutes, I feel better reading this. Thats how bad I think this play is.

Goodnews
11-04-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't try to isolate with this hand form your position.

[/ QUOTE ]

He makes a good point, if you are adjusting to a 50VPIP donkey, you have to expect that at least one player will also re-adjust. We aren't talking 1/2 Party here.

SoftcoreRevolt
11-04-2005, 02:45 AM
I wouldn't try to isolate him with your position, and I would not raise this flop. His aggression is fairly low, and he's betting into the Pre Flop Raiser, denoting a stronger hand than you have. The flop is also super coordinated, so I don't see you folding out many draws here either.

11-04-2005, 11:05 AM
On the turn I have top 2 pair. I didn't put villian on jacks, because I think he would have raised pf (could be wrong here, I guess). So my thinking was that he either had lower 2 pair or a flopped straight (99 also a possibility, tt also but less so).

I called the turn essentially hoping to boat up.

River was a bad call given the way the hand was played.

Anyone raise ATo from this position anyway to limit the field? It does better with less players.