PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Beach question

judgesmails
11-04-2005, 12:31 AM
I watched this show for a few minutes tonight. It was awesomely bad. As in, this is a trainwreck and I have to watch for a little.

A guy and girl were eating dinner and just kept telling each other how cute the other was. Unreal.

Anyway, is this a reality show or a spoof of a reality show? The genius of it is for a first-time viewer - I could not tell.

tdarko
11-04-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A guy and girl were eating dinner and just kept telling each other how cute the other was. Unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]
that was the episode/scene that sealed it for you? man, you are going to be in for some serious trouble then /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

slickpoppa
11-04-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched this show for a few minutes tonight. It was awesomely bad. As in, this is a trainwreck and I have to watch for a little.

Anyway, is this a reality show or a spoof of a reality show? The genius of it is for a first-time viewer - I could not tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only seen the show in snippets, but people in the know have told me that it is a reality show, but the producers stage it and prep the characters to some extent.

A_C_Slater
11-04-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
that was the episode/scene that sealed it for you? man, you are going to be in for some serious trouble then /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Listening to some of the conversations on the show made me realize it's not that bad to not be born flawlessly beautiful.

But if I was I'd probably have the same type of insipid cutesy dinner conversation with them hot chicks.

I mean goddamn those chicks are hot.

mikeyp
11-04-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean goddamn those chicks are hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only reason to ever watch this show.

MyTurn2Raise
11-04-2005, 02:08 AM
70% scripted ...30% real is the numbers commonly given

I've never understood it, but I think the show is f'ing awesome. I watch it to share a cultural literacy with the 18-20 year old hot bodies in town.