PDA

View Full Version : AKs, capped PF 5 ways

obsidian
11-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Now what?

psyduck
11-04-2005, 12:24 AM
I like PF and flop play.

When the A hits, I lead the turn hoping BB raises. Then unless it's 2 back to me on the turn or something wacky, I call down.

I don't know how else to play it /images/graemlins/confused.gif

27offsooot
11-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Holy crap, this is tough.
I would check and see. There are too many situations to think about here. I started listing them and then stopped. In general, if there's a bet and a raise, i'm folding. If it's one back to me, i call, and if it's somehow checked to a late position player position who bets, i raise.

27offsooot
11-04-2005, 12:32 AM
When BB raises the turn, do u really think u're ever good here?

psyduck
11-04-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap, this is tough.
I would check and see. There are too many situations to think about here. I started listing them and then stopped. In general, if there's a bet and a raise, i'm folding. If it's one back to me, i call, and if it's somehow checked to a late position player position who bets, i raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a little weak-tight. your primary concern right now is KQ or aces/jacks or random junk looking to pair their kicker on the river. If you lead and BB raises, then you're facing the field with 7:1 odds. Also, check/folding the turn if faced with two would be bad if you actually *did* have odds to hit trips or two pair on 5th to beat a hand that is currently two pair.

11-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Bet and raise a bunch. Hope no one has a flush or trips.

jdl22
11-04-2005, 12:43 AM
bet out. If the bb raises that's fantastic. If it comes back 3-bet call and look at the river. If it comes back capped I would say you can safely drop it but it would feel pretty bad to fold.