PDA

View Full Version : Just sitting down...Do I need to put in more or less bets?

BatsShadow
11-03-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm posting in CO on this hand, so I have approx. no reads, however, BB (villain) did just bet a lot on the previous hand and take it down.

Prima 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 checks (post), Hero checks (post), <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="red"> BB raises</font>, 3 calls

Standard, right?

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="red"> BB bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="red"> Hero raises</font>, <font color="red"> BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls

Here, I'm thinking the pot is just starting to get big and my read suggests he could be betting on a whiff. The 3-bet sucked though.

Turn: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red"> BB bets</font>, Hero calls

Now, since he's still betting, I think a lot and decide I have to call down. Nobody raises anywhere else in this hand, do they?

River: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red"> BB bets</font>, Hero calls

Final Pot: 11 BB

I'm totally unclear on this one. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to find a fold in there somewhere or a raise.

Fryguy
11-03-2005, 11:54 PM
I think you need to call down here, but don't expect to win very often if at all.

11-04-2005, 12:28 AM
For me preflop its a close call decision. I would lean to call more often than not.

Since I would call down the Turn and River seems like the question for me is whether I raise flop or not.

The SB flop bet has made it heads up so I'm just calling all the way down. For me there are a couple of factors impacting this decision

1) PFR means I'm very likely behind Overcards to my 9T. I did hit second pair but the A is definitely a scare. Especially if someone is willing to bet this flop into 3 opponents.

2) PFR the opponent could easily have KQJ-hearts and you would be drawing dead to the flush.

I'm treating this as a <u>WA/WB</u> situation

ajm36
11-04-2005, 01:17 AM
I fold this PF. Otherwise, raising the flop and calling the re-raise looks fine. A raise will usually slow down someone with an overpair but no heart. The re-raise makes me think he has a heart (probably a high heart) but your 10 is high enough to call down--but not bet (on boards like this I will usually even bet nines except against a re-raise, then I'll just call down). If you knew how loose/aggressive he was, the decision to raise or even fold might be a little easier.

11-04-2005, 04:13 PM
I raise PF. You need everybody to fold in 1:3.5 which is reasonable.

11-04-2005, 10:32 PM
grunch....

preflop is debatable but i call here

flop you gotta fold

11-04-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise PF. You need everybody to fold in 1:3.5 which is reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

no.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Aaron W.
11-04-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise PF. You need everybody to fold in 1:3.5 which is UNreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

KaiShin
11-05-2005, 02:45 AM
Preflop is fine given that Hero is closing the action.

SoftcoreRevolt
11-05-2005, 03:42 AM
I like it. You aren't winning a huge amount of the time here, but just enough to call it down and show a modest profit.

And PF is fine. It is close, but its a fine call.

NateDog
11-05-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is fine given that Hero is closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh no, hero is the CO, BB raised.

milesdyson
11-05-2005, 05:53 AM
yes, and he closes the action

TomBrooks
11-05-2005, 05:53 AM
I'd call the riv.

adsman
11-05-2005, 06:11 AM
I just call this flop.

11-05-2005, 06:48 AM
so.... im the only person that folds this flop?
wow, i thought it was totally obvious

likely drawing close to dead

Ace high and with a preflop raiser

HUGE reverse implied odds over a tiny pot considering its heads up. and also considering very few cards give you the confidence needed to gain any positive implied odds

(from the flop to sd you pay 3.5BB in to a 9BB pot. thats almost 40% !)

has this forum gone completely insane or am i missing something here?

adsman
11-05-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so.... im the only person that folds this flop?
wow, i thought it was totally obvious

likely drawing close to dead

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know villian has an Ace? How do you know that he has a /images/graemlins/heart.gif? If he has a /images/graemlins/heart.gif, how do you know that it's bigger than yours? Just because he raised preflop? He could have pocket 8's and be tilting for all you know.

[ QUOTE ]
Ace high and with a preflop raiser

[/ QUOTE ]

See above.

[ QUOTE ]
HUGE reverse implied odds over a tiny pot considering its heads up. and also considering very few cards give you the confidence needed to gain any positive implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all this is not a small pot. 9sb and it's one to you on the flop. You have a pair and a flush draw. It's HU so your chances of winning are much better. On the turn you could make 2 pair, trips or a flush. You have position. You're getting 9 to 1 on the call. You're closing the action. Folding here is a mistake.

BatsShadow
11-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Wow, it's interesting to see my hand come back from the dead.

So are you guys saying just call on the flop? I play a lot of 6max, so I'm used to raising in these heads up situations. At the time, I was thinking that the pot was starting to get big and I was hoping that the villain missed and had no hearts. Is this a spew?

I later learned quickly that this guy was a total LAG. In this hand, he had a suited A7 and MHIG. I can't believe he called down.

I'm off to the live 5/10. I'll be back tomorrow to see more.

11-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Id call this pf. I'm the button getting 7-1 on a call, easy in my opinion.

Flop: Not sure I would reraise. Maybe I would.

Turn: play the same.

River: Only 2 cards in the deck beat us. I am strongly tempted to raise and call.