PDA

View Full Version : It's okay for me to be pissed here, right?

11-03-2005, 11:22 PM
So I used to live with this one guy at a rent house before I moved in with my girlfriend. We were and still remain pretty good friends. Living with him was kinda a bad deal because he bitched a ton about all kinds of small stuff. I wasn't the best roommate by any means, but he blew some stuff out of proportion. I wasn't even there half the time anyways.

So I moved out of that place and into a house with my girlfriend. The problem was that almost everything in my friend's house was mine. This wasn't a real big deal, and he had a garage that I needed to store some stuff in so I just let him use all the stuff as long as I could use the garage for storage. He was using my couch, my chair, my desk, my entertainment center, my tv for a while, and my fridge.

Well for whatever reason I needed the fridge back. He's getting ready to move anyways so no big deal. We decide I'm gonna get it today, and he tells me he has all his stuff out of it and it's good to go.

So I go and get the fridge with my brother and the thing is absolutely disgusting. I'm talking gross. A lemon had somehow melted to one of the shelves. There was a broken bottle in the freezer. There was a pound of frozen bacon in the freezer that had been there since I lived there, and it was mildewy and just generally nasty.

Okay, that's bad enough and kinda had me upset. But to make things worse, he calls me later on before he went home in the evening and says "that bacon was yours, that's why I left it in there." I'm like "yea, like I wanted the bacon, you could've just tossed it".

Then he gets home an hour later and I had just left that broken bottle and bacon on his countertop cause I didn't think it was even my place to have to clean the fridge. He calls me back then and goes "why did you just leave that glass on the counter?" I go "Why did you leave the fridge [censored] gross?" And he hung up.

He's been a real good friend of mine, but this really pisses me off. What should I do? Just blow it off and not let him use my stuff anymore? Gripe his ass out and let him know how big of a tool he is? Cut all ties with him since he's obviously a [censored]-tard? What would OOT do?

11-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Ok so he is moving, it all depends on how far. If he is staying close by you might want to be nice just incase you need a future favor. If he is moving far away, you might as well get it off your chest and bitch him out.

11-03-2005, 11:31 PM
He's just moving down the street like 2 blocks away.

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-03-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok so he is moving, it all depends on how far. If he is staying close by you might want to be nice just incase you need a future favor. If he is moving far away, you might as well get it off your chest and bitch him out.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have this exactly backwards. Bitch him out if he's staying close, let it slide if you're not going to see him for a while.

eviljeff
11-03-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm pretty sure you should bring the bacon to Madison Square Park on Sunday.

StevieG
11-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Why are you cleaning a fridge that you let him use? Simple call here. Tell him to buy it or clean it.

Leaving some of this garbage on his stuff after the fact is passive aggressive, immature nonsense.

11-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Let it slide if you want to keep him as a friend. If you think he's worthless, give him hell.

Problem solved!

HopeydaFish
11-04-2005, 12:05 AM
These stories always remind me of some of the friends I had when I was younger. Self-centred assholes who never took responsibility for their actions and never gave any thought about how they were treating other people.

Eventually you outgrow "friends" like this. Life is too short to waste on people who take you for granted.

jaydub
11-04-2005, 12:16 AM
yes it's ok

i like the clean it or buy it line, just reject the premise that he'd return it to you like that.

keep in mind, fridges are cheap but good friends valuable, not sure how good of a friend he is though

Soul Daddy
11-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Get over it. Did you honestly not expect this? I'm guessing he was a slob when you lived with him as well.

phx
11-04-2005, 12:26 AM
doesnt sound like such a great "friend"

11-04-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get over it. Did you honestly not expect this? I'm guessing he was a slob when you lived with him as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was actually cleaner than me when I lived with him, lol. And I expected it to not be scrubbed out, but I didn't expect mildew and stains.

As for not taking it until he cleaned it, that would've been a great move. Unfortunately I didn't think of it earlier. Also, we needed the fridge tonight so we didn't really have time for him to pay for it or clean it (which I'm sure he wouldn't have done either).

He is a good friend though. We hang out and play basketball together alot still and talk quite a bit. He has just lived a very sheltered life and doesn't really know how to treat people. Kinda sad, really.

jaydub
11-04-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was actually cleaner than me when I lived with him, lol. And I expected it to not be scrubbed out, but I didn't expect mildew and stains.

As for not taking it until he cleaned it, that would've been a great move. Unfortunately I didn't think of it earlier. Also, we needed the fridge tonight so we didn't really have time for him to pay for it or clean it (which I'm sure he wouldn't have done either).

He is a good friend though. We hang out and play basketball together alot still and talk quite a bit. He has just lived a very sheltered life and doesn't really know how to treat people. Kinda sad, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

do not even consider letting this [censored] up your friendship. how much does a fridge cost? [censored] i gave my last one away at my home sale.